***UPDATE***Pacman found NOT GUILTY of Assault.

Since it was reported that Adam had teammates in the bar, I am surprised that during the interview no teammates came forward and took up for him.  No teammates said we were with him and Adam wasn't drinking or drunk.  No teammates said we believe Adam and his/agent's story.

Sure they did the obligatory "we support him" routine, but no one said they thought he was innocent.

Maybe it only because it was his agent who said there were teammates there in the bar.  Maybe someone just made that up.

its also possible that the Bengals have told the teammates present not to identify themselves to the media and to just stay out of it publicly since Jones has also been told to stop talking about it publicly.  

its also possible that the Bengals have told the teammates present not to identify themselves to the media and to just stay out of it publicly since Jones has also been told to stop talking about it publicly.  

Anything is possible.  But it was just his agent who gave the "teammates in the bar story" wasn't it?

The only person to say the word teammates and Adam Jones in the same sentence is Jone's agent.  Jone's agent needs to keep his mouth shut and at least tell a consistent story.  As an agent I think him to be pretty dumb.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cincinnati-bengals-adam-pacman-jones-arrest-two-women-bar-incident-061013

"He turns around and immediately slaps the person. He has no idea what's going on or who threw the bottle," Schaffer told USA Today. "His teammates have enough of this and they walk out."

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/06/adam-pacman-jones-arrested-slapping-woman-bar

He says that Jones was standing outside of the bar with several of his teammates when two women came up to him and asked him to take a photo with them.

http://hiphopwired.com/2013/06/11/adam-pacman-jones-arrested-for-hitting-woman-claims-self-defense-video/

"He turns around and immediately slaps the person. He has no idea what's going on or who threw the bottle," Schaffer said. "His teammates have enough of this and they walk out."

http://www.yourblackworld.net/2013/06/black-news/bengals-pacman-jones-arrested-for-hitting-a-woman-he-claims-self-defense/

“He turns around and immediately slaps the person. He has no idea what’s going on or who threw the bottle,” Schaffer said. “His teammates have enough of this and they walk out.”

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/usatoday/article/2408571&usatref=sportsmod

"He turns around and immediately slaps the person. He has no idea what's going on or who threw the bottle," Schaffer said. "His teammates have enough of this and they walk out."

There is an eye witness who has already spoke up (not sure of the truthfulness but does mention a possible mind frame Jones was in that night) about his night at the Tin Roof.  He doesn't talk about the women having an incident with Jones but an incident with himself....

http://deadspin.com/yeah-i-was-there-that-night-had-a-run-in-with-pacman-512408516

OhCinCityUDom Cosentino

Yeah, I was there that night. Had a run-in with Pacman, too.

My friend Max and I were in Cincinnati and had been told by friends to check out a bar called Tin Roof after the game. We're at the bar when two guys pull up with a little crowd behind them— my friend immediately recognizes one of them as Pacman Jones.

Pacman catches me staring over my shoulder a few times, and graciously taps me on the shoulder and asks me if I want to do a shot with him and his friend. OF COURSE I DO. The bartender pours three shots of Crown Royal and we throw them back; I say thanks and turn away, content with a fun moment and a cool story...

... annnnnnd then I flew too close to the sun because, you know, pics or it didn't happen. But no one is taking any pictures of him. Hm. I'm assuming he said not to. But, ah, I've got a way around this— I'll just sneak a picture with the flash off, when he's talking to the crowd.

My flash goes off.

I immediately rip the phone down, so no decent picture gets taken, but it's too late. He's in my face in two seconds, and he is LIVID. "What the fuck is that, man? That's some gay-ass shit. I'm trying to have a good time. I said no fucking pictures."

I'm terrified. "I'm... I'm so sorry, sir, I really didn't hear you say that."

"That's some gay-ass shit, man. Gay-ass dick shit. Give me your fucking phone."

I really don't want to give him my phone because I have a feeling it's not going to be given back to me (at least in one piece), so I just start scrolling through the pictures with him standing over me. I tell him that I never got the picture off, and after looking through the first 10 or so pictures on my phone, he believes me. But he still has some parting advice about the gay-ass-ness and dick-shit-ness of my behavior.

The thing is— it WAS pretty gay-assy and dick-shitty of me. He bought me a drink. I violated some sort of weird social contract I never knew existed until the flash went off and it was so, so clear. Oh well. At least he let me off with a verbal warning. Monday 5:38pm

Well, Adam Jones doesn't have the right to tell people not to take pictures of him while he's in a public place either. He can say no to posing in a picture, but he has no right to tell people around him not to take pictures of him. That's a pretty douchey and paranoid way to be as a celebrity athelete.

Well, Adam Jones doesn't have the right to tell people not to take pictures of him while he's in a public place either. He can say no to posing in a picture, but he has no right to tell people around him not to take pictures of him. That's a pretty douchey and paranoid way to be as a celebrity athelete.

Not when you're telling everyone that you don't live that life anymore, you don't drink, etc.  There have been rumors for the last couple of years that the reality is far different from the picture of the reformed citizen that Adam has been painting in public. If that's the case (and if that little blurb above about him doing shots is true then it would seem to be), it's pretty understandable why he doesn't want any evidence out in the world that can contradict him.

I still don't think the circumstances are entirely clear on that video (other than the fact that she made some kind of move toward his head and he hit her) and anticipate that eye-witness accounts will be the determining factor in all of this.

Still, you can't get around the fact that Adam Jones, one way or another, seems to be looking for a fight. If he didn't want to give the girls a pic, why didn't he just walk away? The answer may be that he's also not entirely honest with his wife in other areas, and he was doing more than saying "I'm sorry, you can't take my picture."  Instead, I imagine that after he refused, and they insisted, he said something like: "Sure, you can take a picture with me...while you suck my...."

Cue the time-honored drink dumped over the head.  It's almost as hardwired into our culture as the ass-slap is for athletes giving the attaboy.

but that's what they were apparently asking.  Not to just take his picture, to take their picture WITH him. He has every right to deny that request.

but that's what they were apparently asking.  Not to just take his picture, to take their picture WITH him. He has every right to deny that request.

He was referring to the account from the guy who got screamed at.

Right.

That bad video's going to make it dicey. He could claim she was drunk and nasty inside the bar. That instead of making a ruckus, he chose to leave the bar. That she had come out to re-engage him in the verbal fight, had struck him with a bottle, and that he had reflexively responded to an assault. He could then say that after the situation was diffused by the dude who held him back, he chose to walk away while she continued after him...

He could also have been a punk bitch inside, and called her all sorts of shitty names/touched her inappropriately. She could then have come after him outside, tried to pour her drink on him, been punched, then went to some place off camera to call for help...

Both stories seem to be plausible from the video. I got nothing.

I hope the courts get it right. I'll be excited for a Bengals team with an innocent Jones, or without a guilty one.

I have no idea how this works out.   I think the video helps.   It shows the individual pressing the charges that they did something to prevoke the response.

All the other stuff is just happy horseshit discussion about what he could have/should have done.  

As long as he is breaking up passes intended for some Rat receiver this September...what is alleged to have happened on some late spring night at some Cincinnati bar is of no effect on me. Piety and judgment-passing on our hired entertainers is disingenuous.    

As long as he is breaking up passes intended for some Rat receiver this September...what is alleged to have happened on some late spring night at some Cincinnati bar is of no effect on me. Piety and judgment-passing on our hired entertainers is disingenuous.    

Yeah, but seems highly probable that Jones.won't be on the field in September.  Unless a Ghee or Kirkpatrick is ready to be a force, Jones probably would be missed more against Aaron Rodgers & Packers than any other early opponent. They can really flood the field with quality receivers.

Two questions:

- If a player gets suspended for the beginning of a season, is the team still allowed to carry 53 other players on the roster?

- Could Jones have an Andre conditioning-like conduct clause in his contract that would get the Bengals  off the hook for the 1 mil guaranteed money...if they should want off the hook?

Yeah, but seems highly probable that Jones.won't be on the field in September.  Unless a Ghee or Kirkpatrick is ready to be a force, Jones probably would be missed more against Aaron Rodgers & Packers than any other early opponent. They can really flood the field with quality receivers.

Two questions:

- If a player gets suspended for the beginning of a season, is the team still allowed to carry 53 other players on the roster?

- Could Jones have an Andre conditioning-like conduct clause in his contract that would get the Bengals  off the hook for the 1 mil guaranteed money...if they should want off the hook?

Yes, you can carry 53 others. I would imagine there was some conduct clause in his contract.

given your profession, weigh in on something for me. don't you think it's highly suspicious that the Florida AG is weighing in with her opinion on this judge's decision, especially with TMZ? my first thought would be ....why even take the interview? sounds rather unprofessional to me, and i wonder if there isn't some history there, or worse...that politics are involved.

He said on the radio to Mo Eggert that he hit her with his left hand and he is right handed. He said he wasn't trying to harm her but back her off of him. He said he wouldn't hit a woman ever but

If he wanted to knock her out obviously he could have but he didn't cause she got up right away. He was just trying to get her off of his space cause she got in his face with the bottle.

That reminds me of one of the games on MLB last year where some local TV announcer said after a batter got hit in the head with a pitch, "Luckily it was a curve and not a fastball.".  Yeah, lucky him. 

That reminds me of one of the games on MLB last year where some local TV announcer said after a batter got hit in the head with a pitch, "Luckily it was a curve and not a fastball.".  Yeah, lucky him. 

A civil war soldier was creased across the scalp with a bullet.  A comrade told him how lucky he was, as two inches lower he would have been killed.  The soldier replied he was unlucky, as two inches higher it would have missed him entirely.

given your profession, weigh in on something for me. don't you think it's highly suspicious that the Florida AG is weighing in with her opinion on this judge's decision, especially with TMZ? my first thought would be ....why even take the interview? sounds rather unprofessional to me, and i wonder if there isn't some history there, or worse...that politics are involved.

Not familiar with this, Ed...enlighten me.

My short answer on any subject though...don't take interviews...period.

Not familiar with this, Ed...enlighten me.

My short answer on any subject though...don't take interviews...period.

yeah, for someone in such a high profile position, it sure seems like questionable approach and pretty irresponsible of her.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/12/florida-a-g-says-chad-johnson-judge-overreacted/

I'm sorry, but she WORKS in Paul Brown Stadium, but claims she didn't know who Pacman was?

Adding a little weirdness. Woman accusing Adam Jones of assault also works at Paul Brown Stadium. http://sbn.to/10itTPt 

Wesley: I didn’t know who he was, the people who were standing around me told me his identity.

Archived