If Darick Rogers is released by the Bills, should we take a flyer ?

Should we bring in Darick Rogers is he is released by Bills ?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should we bring in Darick Rogers is he is released by Bills ?

I wondered this same thing the other day when I read he was struggling.

If he can't make it in Buffalo, who was desperate for WR's, that's telling.  I'd put him on the practice squad, but I don't think you can put him on the roster.

After looking at what the Buffalo WR's are getting in  preseason, I would say not too many of them are getting significant reps.

Only WR that looks to be a lock is Stevie Johnson.  ( Maybe Brad Smith and TJ Graham )

I'm not sure many remember but the Bengals sent Urban out to look at Darick ( The Rick ) Roger's pro day.

alleycat, on 24 Apr 2013 - 5:52 PM, said:

Just to explore a thought (and for shits and giggles) I put together a little Reach Mock Draft.

1) Eric Reid (or Jonathan Cyprien)
2) Gio Bernard
2b) Da'Rick Rogers

MichaelWeston, on 25 Apr 2013 - 2:07 PM, said:

1 S Matt Elam-Florida (Also considered Reid and Cyprien but want to go Safety)

2 WLB Arthur Brown-Kansas St (Crossing my fingers he is here. If not I go best available Brown, Ogletree, Te'O, Minter)

2 RB Andre Ellington-Clemson (Would rather have Franklin or Bernard and would settle for Barner)

3 WR Da'Rick Rogers-Tenn Tech (Want a guy who has WR1 capabilities)

Bengals1181, on 27 Apr 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

Da'Rick Rogers is the best player left on the board who could make an instant impact on this team, being the #3 WR

Bengals1181, on 27 Apr 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

I'd kind of like to see them go Da'Rick Rogers though.

While not getting much action in preseason games, Rogers is getting plenty of action in practice.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?466423-Why-all-the-hate-for-Da-Rick

I would say Da'Rick Rogers had an excellent rookie camp, mini camp and training camp, in which he had the following (just from Practice Notes)...

• 65-yard TD
  • 80-yard TD
  • 80-yard TD
  • 70-yard reception
  • 15-yard diving catch over the middle
  • Redzone TD
  • 60-yard TD
  • 1-handed redzone TD
  • Redzone TD vs. Colts
  • 70-yard TD
  • 49-yard reception

After looking at what the Buffalo WR's are getting in  preseason, I would say not too many of them are getting significant reps.

Only WR that looks to be a lock is Stevie Johnson.  ( Maybe Brad Smith and TJ Graham )

I'm not sure many remember but the Bengals sent Urban out to look at Darick ( The Rick ) Roger's pro day.

yea their WR situation is still kind of a mess.  That's why I think if they do indeed cut Rogers, who has all the physical talent in the world, there's gotta be a pretty good reason.  

What happened with 2nd rou d draft pick Robert Woods? Has he been hurt? I remember that the Bills were the only NFL team other than the Bengals that took offensive skill position players with their first two draft picks.

I had read awhile back he was looking good. Doing a brief search it looks like he'll be the #2.

What happened with 2nd rou d draft pick Robert Woods? Has he been hurt? I remember that the Bills were the only NFL team other than the Bengals that took offensive skill position players with their first two draft picks.

Yep, as 1181 said he's been looking very good.  I watched a couple of games myself and Hayden would say he's a legit # 2.

The karmic appropriate act would be to sign him to a huge offer just to be on the PS, like Tampa Bay did with Dez Briscoe to us a few years back.  It's not a good career move for a WR to suddenly switch schemes/teams going into the season (it's like starting over as a rookie the next year almost), but $400K is apt to change a fella's mind.

Adam Jones was from WVU and they don't give a fuck about character until they have to.

As I was born and raised in West Virginia,and grew up and still am a devout fan and follow the program much more closely than you ever will,I can safely say you pulled that statement out of your ass.

As I was born and raised in West Virginia,and grew up and still am a devout fan and follow the program much more closely than you ever will,I can safely say you pulled that statement out of your ass.

Whatever, they finally kicked off a suspended player after committing armed robbery in his team sweats last month. Lol.

Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider 1h

Bills' roster cuts: Dominique Ellis, Jumal Rolle, Da’Rick Rogers, DeMarco Sampson, Ryan Turnley

I don't think we should grab him, especially since we have WR depth as it is - but he did officially get cut.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 1h
Bills' roster cuts: Dominique Ellis, Jumal Rolle, DaRick Rogers, DeMarco Sampson, Ryan Turnley

I don't think we should grab him, especially since we have WR depth as it is - but he did officially get cut.

WR depth is one reason we should grab him. He can be afforded time to sit on the practice squad and be developed properly. He'll provide insurance very cheaply too.

curious to see if any team will bring him in for the next 5 days just to get a feel for him.  

there's a lot of talent there waiting to be polished. i'd love to see what urban could do with him.

he reminds me a lot of the WR we played saturday night....yeah, that guy. could we use someone like that in the future?

I asked a Bills fan about him.

Two things. Slow study was the secondary cause. First was his being a pouty kid. Not enough hustle, and a tendency to go into a funk when things didn't go his way.

That bills fan quote sounds a lot like an FA we brought in here last year.  If there's any interest in Rogers, I'd think we'd have a pretty good shot of bringing him to the practice squad because of our record at turning people with his issues around (and the PS to roster highway we have here).  The only problem is that the PS is going to be loaded with guys who really ARE one step away from being on the roster (rather than just bodies), so the real question, when it comes to Da'Rick Rogers, is who would you like him to replace?

And that's a much more difficult proposition, IMO.

there's a lot of talent there waiting to be polished. i'd love to see what urban could do with him.

he reminds me a lot of the WR we played saturday night....yeah, that guy. could we use someone like that in the future?

Could be some Urban Renewal?

And if he were being coached by him, he'd be sub-Urban.

Sincerely,
Hobs

P.S. he's a knucklehead. I'll pass. If getting kicked out of Tennessee and the SEC didn't humble him, not sure he gets it. At least guys like Janoris Jenkins and Tyrann Mathieu seemed to.

getting kicked out of Tennessee and the SEC didn't humble him, not sure he gets it. At least guys like Janoris Jenkins and Tyrann Mathieu seemed to.

Not so sure Tennessee didn't support the behavior that got him into trouble to begin with.  Not that a lot of colleges are any different but how many college's are we aware of that instead of signing a contract, they sign a hostesses breasts ?

http://www.tauntr.com/content/tennessee-recruits-make-it-official-signing-hostesses%E2%80%99-breasts

tauntTNBoobs.jpg

KNOXVILLE — Top recruits wide receiver Da’Rick Rogers and linebacker Raiques Crump signed with the University of Tennessee today. New head coach Derek Dooley scrambled to get his most sought-after players signed. Dooley said he got an idea from Volunteers men’s basketball coach Bruce Pearl to get his guys to sign. “Rather than signing a traditional document,” said Dooley, “Bruce suggested we have the players sign our hostesses’ breasts.” Dooley chose Volunteers hostess Heather Collins to represent the team at signing. “Alright boys, sign anywhere you want,” said Dooley to the players. The wide-eyed recruits dove in to sign Collins’ rack, the bustiest of all the Tennessee hostesses. “Don’t be shy boys, those titties are D-cups. Use the fat magic marker.” Recruits were then allowed a 30-second motor boat in Collins’ cleavage before donning the bright orange Volunteers cap.

Archived