Steelers Week Notes

I pay my money for season tickets and the 8 dollar beers every game. I think I'll reserve the right to be pissed at anything Marvin or this team does! You can stand on the side of a child abuser all you want but I don't want it associated with the team I root for! It's the worst damn thing someone could do and even prison inmates don't put up with the shit!

pay your fucking money to someone else if you don't like the product then, crybaby. and if you don't like those $8 beers, there's an option for that too...don't buy them. :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20:

Child abuse is the physical, sexual or emotional maltreatment or neglect of a child or children.[1] In the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department for Children And Families (DCF) define child maltreatment as any act or series of acts of commission or omission by a parent or other caregiver that results in harm, potential for harm, or threat of harm to a child.

Now that we know what it is, which did he do?

I must confess I may be one also. My granddaughter was at the store with me and reached into a bin and took some candy, I didn't notice until we were outside. I told her if she ever done that again I would beat her butt. According to the above I guess I'm guilty also because there was a threat of harm.

Just saying we can start a whole thread about things that would fall under child abuse and anyone here over 30 could tell you stories about how they were abused when they got the belt for doing something wrong. I got some friends who had a real love hate relationship with those hot wheel tracks lol.

again, you don't know the details of what happened. the guy took a diversionary program rather than going through a trial. that could mean a lot of things, up to and including the elimination of going through a court proceeding and being convicted for being black. you just don't know. i'd bet good money he took the advice of his attorney and chose the easiest way out.

what facts we do know about the case are these ... the mom first asked the court to raise the kid's child support by five times the previous amount the court had settled on. she didn't get what she was asking for. she then filed charges against boley for a child abuse situation that "supposedly" happened two years prior. she made no mention of the abuse during the increase in support hearing, only after the fact, when she didn't get her way. she made no mention of the abuse at any time prior, either.

does something sound a little fishy there to you? it sure does to me. still it's the hard truth of what a woman can pull off with the right prosecutor trying to make a name for himself. it's hard for a man to defend himself against child abuse charges in today's world. what qualifies today is at times a huge stretch from what actual child abuse actually is as we've grown to know it.

this is a nutty statement that doesn't make much sense.  :35:

it was marvin lewis that brought him in for a workout.  :lmao:

one of the biggest problems this world faces are the people who are so god damned willing to pass judgement on others when they have no basis to to do. i've seen it all my life, it absolutely unnerves me, and represents the worst of humanity. :1018:

Great post, all around.

pay your fucking money to someone else if you don't like the product then, crybaby. and if you don't like those $8 beers, there's an option for that too...don't buy them. :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20:

You need to get a little better at reading comprehension!

I guess you've never once criticize one thing or one person of the Bengals..so why don't you go down and try out to be be a cheerleader. I'm sure your mangina would fit nicely in one of those little skirts!

God forbid someone say anything about not liking child abuse! Now go pound sand I'm done with you D-bag!

I must confess I may be one also. My granddaughter was at the store with me and reached into a bin and took some candy, I didn't notice until we were outside. I told her if she ever done that again I would beat her butt. According to the above I guess I'm guilty also because there was a threat of harm.

Just saying we can start a whole thread about things that would fall under child abuse and anyone here over 30 could tell you stories about how they were abused when they got the belt for doing something wrong. I got some friends who had a real love hate relationship with those hot wheel tracks lol.

My father would have been thrown in jail if he raised me today, and I love him to death.

Corporal punishment was the norm pretty much everywhere when I grew up.  Hell, I remember when other parents would slap kids that weren't there own when they misbehaved (a great moment on one of the first few Mad Men episodes depicts just this, and when the father of the boy who another man slapped sees it, he comes over to the kid and slaps him again).

You need to get a little better at reading comprehension!

I guess you've never once criticize one thing or one person of the Bengals..so why don't you go down and try out to be be a cheerleader. I'm sure your mangina would fit nicely in one of those little skirts!

God forbid someone say anything about not liking child abuse! Now go pound sand I'm done with you D-bag!

The problem is your fake outrage or ignorance.

Above you admit you pay for tickets and $8 Beers.     Revenue is shared among NFL teams.

Either you are ignorant of that or you are just putting on a show.    He's NFL eligible.    If you buy NFL stuff you support it.   If you watch, you support it.

Bengals and any other team must explore the pool of players available to them. 

i never said i know what happened, but the important point is that you don't either. marvin lewis felt satisfied enough to bring him in for a workout and that's good enough for me. in this situation, marvin lewis is the guy he has to answer to....not me.....AND NOT YOU. if you or anyone else are offended by the character of the players he OKs, you have the option to go root for another god damned team.

Here's the part where perspective needs to be reinstated:

1. No one has said they'll sell their seats, or root against the Bengals if they sign this guy. His name came up and people have said they'd pass based on off field concerns.

2. Self admission of guilt on felony charges is a reasonable reason to dislike a guy. It's essentially taking a guy at his word that he did bad stuff.

3. I would rather we find someone not convicted of felony child abuse, if we have to find someone at all, and that's what I believe some others have stated.

The Bengals played sloppy on Sunday, and it cost them. I don't believe anyone out on the street, with the possible exception of a healthy Thomas Howard, can 'fix' the defensive issues of Sunday. The glaring linebacker issue from Sunday was Rey in coverage (in my opinion). No one on the street is going to fix that, because we're stuck with Rey (with the possible exception of a healthy Thomas Howard). So Boley is up for the Lamur spot that I thought Mays did an okay job filling... I happen to like the people on this team as well as the team itself. I think there's a good collection of talent, character, and chemistry. I'd rather roll with Mays and Zimmer schematic tweaks than Boley. And yes, I do score Boley negatively for his felony plea.

The problem is your fake outrage or ignorance.

Above you admit you pay for tickets and $8 Beers.     Revenue is shared among NFL teams.

Either you are ignorant of that or you are just putting on a show.    He's NFL eligible.    If you buy NFL stuff you support it.   If you watch, you support it.

Bengals and any other team must explore the pool of players available to them.

Never once did I say I would stop being a fan of the team. All I said was if this were true I'd be pissed!

You've never be pissed by something the team has or has not done?

Child abuse is the physical, sexual or emotional maltreatment or neglect of a child or children.[1] In the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department for Children And Families (DCF) define child maltreatment as any act or series of acts of commission or omission by a parent or other caregiver that results in harm, potential for harm, or threat of harm to a child.

Now that we know what it is, which did he do?

The difference here is that Boley's is felony child abuse. Felony child abuse is bad news, not the threat of a butt whooping (or even a real spanking... unless you caned the kid and put them in the hospital). This is putting the child's life in danger, severe beatings, leaving a baby locked in car on a scorching hot day, sexual abuse...

I don't know you, but I have a feeling you aren't suggesting you may be a felony child abuser.

Never once did I say I would stop being a fan of the team. All I said was if this were true I'd be pissed!

You've never be pissed by something the team has or has not done?

Then that's what I call fake outrage.     I'm not arguing against your right to mad about whatever you want to be mad about.

However,  the Bengals can not afford to make player personnel decisions based on fake outrage.

You spend your money.  You watch.   That supports the NFL.   The NFL has determined this guy to be eligible. 

NFL teams can only do limited things to filter the pool of players.   If they do it too much they create a disadvantage. 

My father would have been thrown in jail if he raised me today, and I love him to death.

Hell, I remember when other parents would slap kids that weren't there own when they misbehaved

ha ha, then they would take you home, tell what you done and you'll get it again. That was what they were talking about when they say it takes a village to raise a kid.

Worst of the worst, being made to go get the switch for own whooping. The first time you got the smallest one but you only done that once. I can still see the little bush I use to have to get them from, makes me want to go by there to see if it's still there. If so I'll burn that mother down for the pain it caused me.

The difference here is that Boley's is felony child abuse. Felony child abuse is bad news, not the threat of a butt whooping (or even a real spanking... unless you caned the kid and put them in the hospital). This is putting the child's life in danger, severe beatings, leaving a baby locked in car on a scorching hot day, sexual abuse...

I don't know you, but I have a feeling you aren't suggesting you may be a felony child abuser.

Not entirely, like most laws it depends on the DA. I don't know what he did or didn't do, just we need to know the facts. If he went beyond a butt whooping that's another thing.

Felony child abuse encompasses the abuse or assault of any child. When a child is negligently, recklessly, intentionally, or knowingly injured by an act or omission by any person, then that person can be charged with felony child abuse. Even if the charge could be considered a misdemeanor family violence charge, most states will allow a higher charge of felony child abuse (or injury to a child) to be filed because of a general policy interest to protect children. (http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/violent_crimes/felony-child-abuse.htm)

in trying to research this, i saw nowhere that felony child abuse was mentioned, so i'd have to question that. i saw multiple cases that said he accepted a diversion program as part of a plea to drop the child abuse accusation. it would seem very odd to me that any prosecutor would have a good case for felony child abuse, then reduce it to a diversionary program, where the charge falls completely off his record once the program (classes) get completed. secondly, if the incident was TRUELY felony child abuse, as you've stated, i find it odd that investigators and the prosecutor dropped the matter back in 2011, without bringing the 1st charge. it would appear to me that there's some exaggeration going on, on your part.

Do people think they are trying these LBs out to replace the Nickel backer or insurance policy that Burfict's injury hampers him going forward?

I think some of the latter is playing a role. 

i think more than anything they realize they're not going to make it with just 5 LBs. while schaffer played well in the pre season, he's not a good fit for where they're hurting.

in trying to research this, i saw nowhere that felony child abuse was mentioned, so i'd have to question that. i saw multiple cases that said he accepted a diversion program as part of a plea to drop the child abuse accusation. it would seem very odd to me that any prosecutor would have a good case for felony child abuse, then reduce it to a diversionary program, where the charge falls completely off his record once the program (classes) get completed. secondly, if the incident was TRUELY felony child abuse, as you've stated, i find it odd that investigators and the prosecutor dropped the matter back in 2011, without bringing the 1st charge. it would appear to me that there's some exaggeration going on, on your part.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/02/boley-pleaded-guilty-to-felony-child-abuse-in-february/

Here's the part where perspective needs to be reinstated:

1. No one has said they'll sell their seats, or root against the Bengals if they sign this guy. His name came up and people have said they'd pass based on off field concerns.

so the part where the newbie says he'd rather the team goes 0-16 rather than sign the guy, when he doesn't know jack shit about what happened, qualifies for the above? fuck that, i don't want any part of a 0-16 team just because a player didn't fit "certain fans'" agenda of what standards judgemental people put them to.

again, none of us know exactly what happened, even though the charges appear sleazy from the information available. from what we know, this woman appears to have a strong revenge factor working. i have every confidence marvin lewis got to the bottom of it, then proceeded without concern before ever bringing him in. if that's not enough for you and your dareeko buddy, i guess all i can say is tough shit. deal with it.

Game: Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1) at Cincinnati Bengals (0-1)
Time: 1:00 PM (ET) 
Series Leader: Steelers, 52-33
Streak: Steelers have won five of the last six
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 6-15. Tomlin: 9-3 
Broadcast: ESPN (8:40 PM ET): Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden, Lisa Salters (Field reporter). Westwood One Radio: Kevin Harlan, Boomer Esiason, Steve Tasker (Field reporter). SIRIUS: 88 (WW1), 92 (Pit.), 86 (Cin.). XM: 88 (WW1), 225 (Pit.), 86 (Cin.). 
SB NationBehind The Steel Curtain
NFL.comGame Center
Weather: Partly cloud, 68 degrees at kickoff [Weather Underground
Uniform: Black

CINCINNATI BENGALS

• Bengals have won three of the past four games at home dating back to 2012.
  • Cincinnati is looking to record their third straight win against the AFC North.
  • In his past four games at home, Andy Dalton has generated nine touchdowns and only one interception for a passer rating of 104.4.
  • Since 2010, BenJarvus Green-Ellis has 31 rushing touchdowns -- 4th best in the NFL.
  • Wide receiver A.J. Green ranked second in the NFL and second in the AFC with 162 yards receiving last week.
  • In his last meeting against the Steelers, Green posted 10 receptions and 116 yards receiving.
  • Linebacker Vontaze Burfict posted his first career interception last week, along with a team-high eight tackles against the Bears.
  • Defensive tackle Geno Atkins posted three quarterback sacks and a forced fumble in his previous two games against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
  • Michael Johnson has 4.5 quarterback sacks in his past five games against the STeelers.
  • James Harrison has posted 9.5 quarterback sacks in his previous seven games on Monday Night Football.
  • Cornerback Leon Hall scored on a 17-yard interception return for a touchdown.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

• The Steelers have won 10 of the past 11 games played in Cincinnati.
  • Pittsburgh is looking to record their third straight win against the Bengals on Monday Night Football.
  • Head coach Mike Tomlin is 7-1 on Monday Night Football.
  • Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, with a club record 30,035 yards passing, is 13-5 (.722) as a starter against the Bengals.
  • Running back Felix Jones is averaging 9.4 yards/carry against the Bengals.
  • Wide receiver Antonio Brown has 12 receptions for 193 yards receiving (16.1 avg) with a touchdown in his past two games against the Bengals.
  • Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders tied a career-high seven receptions last week.
  • Wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery needs five receptions to reach 400 for his career and 10 yards receiving for 5,000 yards.
  • Linebacker LaMarr Woodley (53) needs one quarterback sack to surpass Greg Lloyd (53.5) for the fifth-most sacks by a Steeler since '82.
  • Linebacker Lawrence Timmons posted two sacks in his last game against Cincinnati.
  • Safety Troy Polamalu has four career interceptions against the Bengals.
  • Safety Ryan Clark led the Steelers with 13 tackles last week against the Titans.
  • Cornerback Cortez Allen posted a career-high two interceptions and a forced fumble in his last game against the Bengals.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/week-two-2013-steelers-bengals/2013/9/11/4717554/primer-pittsburgh-steelers-at-cincinnati-bengals

Archived