Steelers Week Notes

Yeah, the Steelers are going to miss those 3 big time.  My guess would be that Jonathan Dwyer is resigned

and quick!  Unless someone else has already picked him up?  I don't know myself.  

Elijah15.  Don't worry too much!  I'm sure James Harrison will have everyone pumped up!!

He'll probably be pumped up enough alone by his self!!  I can't wait for MNF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Steelers beat us, we have some issues. Home, Monday night... we need to get back on track and this is the kind of game that will do it.

will be interesting to see how each team comes out after disappointing week 1 losses.  The Steelers lost bad, but their defense still showed up.

will be interesting to see how each team comes out after disappointing week 1 losses.  The Steelers lost bad, but their defense still showed up.

The talent level over there has diminished while ours has grown. If we don't win, it may be one of those years where were relying on others to lose to get in the playoffs. Losing the way we did yesterday and then a possible loss at home to an inferior team... it'd definitely suggest our hopes of a deep playoff run aren't realistic.

I know it's early and we beat ourselves, which is good, but until we get a W in there and even things up, all I can do is think about AJ's fumble, his dropped pass, and Sanu's fumble. Gresham had a near fumble. Andy played well enough his INT didn't look as bad at the end of the game.

All the talent in the world, measures above the team you're playing, and something as basic as taking care of the football sends you home with a loss; tough pill to swallow.

in case anyone missed it, today the Steelers lost:

C Maurkice Pouncey for the year

ILB Larry Foote for the year

KR LaRon Stephens-Howling for the year

Hopefully the bengals will knock a few more out.  The "I hate to see any player get injured" does not apply to the stealers.

I do not think for a second that Pittsburgh won't show up for this game.  We need to execute.  I see a tight one.  If you think Cutler made some devastating plays on third down, Ben is going to do better unless we clean some stuff up.

Have to get the run game going as well.  Hard to put all the pressure on your QB, especially in a primetime situation.

I agree with the sentiment though.  Packers are coming in the week after.  We HAVE to win this game.

I was all set to buy my tickets this week to go to the game against Green Bay.  I may have to roll the dice and wait until the completion of the Pittsburgh game to do so.  Just cant see spending hundreds of dollars(tickets, hotel, gas, food, etc.) to potentially be staring at 0-3, when i can watch that happen from my couch.  I think yesterday's game was just one of those games where nothing rolled their way with all the uncharacteristic drops and fumbles, not to mention, how many balls did they tip on defense that were just out of their grasp for a pick? Also, they had mutliple QB pressures, but just couldnt seem to get that sack.  I have no doubt that Cincinnati, on paper, is far superior to Pittsburgh this year, but if nothing else, yesterday demonstrates why the game is played on the field.  Long week after a loss, but its time to look ahead.  Lets go!!!!

MNF seems like an afterthought anymore. The Sunday night game seems to have suplanted MNF as the premier game.

I think that's because those assholes moved the game from network TV to espn. Not everyone has cable and/or pays for espn; I've not seen a MNF game at home in years...

Archived