You know who you are...

I'm an OSU fan and the Buckeye message board I frequent usually has a "game day thread lowlights" post the day after the game. Usually it is full of people calling for the heads of assistant coaches.

I think game day threads for all teams are exactly like that. Full of over the top emotional reactions. It is what it is.

I don't participate but I am sure I would type crazy stuff in the heat of the moment if I did. I definitely would have had some unfriendly comments to direct towards Jermaine Gresham today...

Yeah. All teams fans on message boards to the same. Used to read Pitt fans wanted Cower fired nearly every week

Today, 03:30 PM

Let's hope this doesn't turn into those games where it's way too close than it should be..

My quote is above was from when it was 21-10.. Sure enough it was that kind of game again lol.

The lions were favored, and at home, and came into the game with the same record as us...why should you have been expecting a blowout?

The lions were favored, and at home, and came into the game with the same record as us...why should you have been expecting a blowout?

I wasn't... I was just hoping for a game where it doesn't come down to the last minute.. I am getting older, and as I get older I have noticed a drop in my sexual desire, and the health of my heart. That's why I try the all new Extenze SE.

Jesus Christ.

Our defense can't get off the field at third down and infinity the whole game, gives up TDs with triple coverage and we have to even consider talking about the faults of the QB that WON THE GAME FOR US.

I think you need to review the post for context. You clearly know how the quote function works because you quoted me so I am going to assume you chose to ignore the quote that I was replying to so that you could have a tantrum.

I think you need to review the post for context. You clearly know how the quote function works because you quoted me so I am going to assume you chose to ignore the quote that I was replying to so that you could have a tantrum.

The context is that this isn't the game thread, this isn't in the heat of the moment, and you had reply to a post mocking QB critique in a thread calling out QB critique in this one game where the QB played very well overall by trying to justify QB critique.

There, You like that review?

You are charged a time out.

I wasn't... I was just hoping for a game where it doesn't come down to the last minute.. I am getting older, and as I get older I have noticed a drop in my sexual desire, and the health of my heart. That's why I try the all new Extenze SE.

Next week on the Go-Bengals game thread - complementary Extenze for all members to improve heart health and reduce douchebaggery.

The context is that this isn't the game thread, this isn't in the heat of the moment, and you had reply to a post mocking QB critique in a thread calling out QB critique in this one game where the QB played very well overall by trying to justify QB critique.

There, You like that review?

You are charged a time out.

That review doesn't make sense (grammatically or logically). You act as if someone has a good/great day that their shortcomings can not be discussed. They are critiquing a portion of his game not his overall game. The point is simply that he didn't throw well deep this game and his lack of arm strength is a concern. The best players in the game have weak spots and this is his. The reality is that if he throws both of those balls just a bit better we don't have to eek one out at the end. Those passes will be important in the playoffs.

Next week on the Go-Bengals game thread - complementary Extenze for all members to improve heart health and reduce douchebaggery.

LOL. Cardiac Cats.

Bottom line.....Andy Dalton had a wonderful game demonstrating a ton of touch on many of his throws.  The one black mark on his day, even with how well he played and them being winners today, is that he still struggles with his deep ball.  As long as he can, for the most part, stay away from having to make those kind of throws, this team will continue to be winners.  The defense had an off day today, they are allowed to as they have been carrying this team for most of the season, because they ran into a pretty high powered offense with many weapons and did not execute against those weapons as they have against similar teams with similar weapons/quarterbacks(Rodgers, brady, Roethlisberger).  For whatever reason it just wasn't to be today.  With all of that being said, I feel good about what I observed from Dalton today, I just wish he could be more accurate on back breaking deep throws that were available today and will be in the future.  That is all, for me, anyway.   

Jesus Christ.

Our defense can't get off the field at third down and infinity the whole game, gives up TDs with triple coverage and we have to even consider talking about the faults of the QB that WON THE GAME FOR US.

Thank You!

It's obvious baiting, or legitimate delusion. Whit makes it very clear, the troops believe in Andy. And that's all that matters.

If we all agreed Dalton was awesome, there would be less activity on the site. The proprietor is openly critical of Dalton, MW is staff (?) it just seems intentionally provocative. I've been around a long time (not a prolific poster) and the tenor around here has changed.

Either way, the posters that add the most around here (You know who you are) are clearly fans and the rest of us should spend more time appreciating the fans on this site and less time playing into some agenda.

Thank You!

It's obvious baiting, or legitimate delusion. Whit makes it very clear, the troops believe in Andy. And that's all that matters.

If we all agreed Dalton was awesome, there would be less activity on the site. The proprietor is openly critical of Dalton, MW is staff (?) it just seems intentionally provocative. I've been around a long time (not a prolific poster) and the tenor around here has changed.

Either way, the posters that add the most around here (You know who you are) are clearly fans and the rest of us should spend more time appreciating the fans on this site and less time playing into some agenda.

Or rather spend more time accepting differences of opinion. If you view someone talking about Dalton's lack of arm strength as obvious baiting I think you don't fully understand how discussion works or it's intent.

Its not that he just missed a pass its that he missed a pass in an area that he has consistently had issues with and underthrew Green fairly badly three times.

I actually find this to be pretty encouraging. Dalton threw for 370 yards, 3 TDs, no picks, and STILL LEFT PLAYS OUT ON THE FIELD. Let that sink in for a second. He doesn't need to be absolutely flawless to put up huge numbers, and he doesn't need to be perfect to beat a first place team in their house -- even when the defense is getting gashed and dropping like flies.

I mean, yeah, Dalton underthrew some open receivers, didn't see a couple others, and didn't check into more favorable plays at times. And his numbers were still lights out. So what will the offense look like when he's hitting on all cylinders?

I actually find this to be pretty encouraging. Dalton threw for 370 yards, 3 TDs, no picks, and STILL LEFT PLAYS OUT ON THE FIELD. Let that sink in for a second. He doesn't need to be absolutely flawless to put up huge numbers, and he doesn't need to be perfect to beat a first place team in their house -- even when the defense is getting gashed and dropping like flies.

I mean, yeah, Dalton underthrew some open receivers, didn't see a couple others, and didn't check into more favorable plays at times. And his numbers were still lights out. So what will the offense look like when he's hitting on all cylinders?

Great point.

As I watched the game, I followed the game thread here.  It was painful.

I swear, if I wasn't watching the game, I'd have thought the Bengals got beat by 4 touchdowns.

There were a whole host of "fans" that...

1.  Screamed bloody murder when Andy Dalton missed two deep balls while watching Matthew Stafford miss half a dozen...

2.  Called Mike Nugent everything but a child of God...

and/or

3.  Talked cash shit about a defense that hadn't allowed a 300 yard passer in 2 years.

THIS... is for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGJOqMHsDI

amen alice, i was in there for a while, but had to leave. it's getting worse every week with those wannabe fans. listening to all that crying ruins my game day experience.

Its not that he just missed a pass its that he missed a pass in an area that he has consistently had issues with and underthrew Green fairly badly three times. Lets not be disengenous about this.

on that long ball to green, i think he was just playing it safe and making sure he put a ball out there that basically only AJ had a chance at catching. we're quick to forget the times he's overthrown that type of play, while trying to be too perfect. i think that was the case there. there was a big play available if he didn't get too cute with it.

on that long ball to green, i think he was just playing it safe and making sure he put a ball out there that basically only AJ had a chance at catching. we're quick to forget the times he's overthrown that type of play, while trying to be too perfect. i think that was the case there. there was a big play available if he didn't get too cute with it.

Which one are you talking about?

I am not certain if he is referring to AJ's td or not. That one was a badly under thrown ball with a positive result. The other to AJ was also poorly under thrown. The one on the sideline in which AJ got the PI penalty wasn't nearly as under thrown as the other two.

Typical game thread happening...

1st game of the season, 1st quarter, 2 minutes into the game.

1st down, Dalton tosses a long ball and totally misses AJ, or whoever he was throwing too.

Game Thread Reaction

Well fuck this!! The season is done. We're never going to amount to anything. I guess we need to get ready to rebuild in the draft next year. This fucking team never gets anything right. Dalton needs to be fired. I bet they're seeking his replacement as we speak.

I too have stopped reading the game day thread. I can understand frustration when shit happens, but people really blow things out of proportion.

MULLY

I post on the game day threads when I can and read almost all of them.   I think a poster said it well, it's like sitting at a bar with your friends and venting in the heat of the moment.   I vented plenty with 3rd and long conversions, stupid penalties.   Most are like this.  About the only overboard posts were about the Brown/Nugent debate and if you read to the end, most of the vitriolic posters were apologetic and called themselves out.  

If you take the friends in the bar approach, I find it enjoyable and therapeutic to see if others are thinking what I'm thinking.  It's entertaining many times to read the "out there" comments, but take them in context and they aren't that annoying.

I post on the game day threads when I can and read almost all of them.   I think a poster said it well, it's like sitting at a bar with your friends and venting in the heat of the moment.   I vented plenty with 3rd and long conversions, stupid penalties.   Most are like this.  About the only overboard posts were about the Brown/Nugent debate and if you read to the end, most of the vitriolic posters were apologetic and called themselves out.  

If you take the friends in the bar approach, I find it enjoyable and therapeutic to see if others are thinking what I'm thinking.  It's entertaining many times to read the "out there" comments, but take them in context and they aren't that annoying.

Well said. Some people have to get that release while watching the game.

I just use beer instead of the game day thread.

Archived