Sam Montgomery

So our d-line depth has taken a ding. So who's left? MJ, Atkins, Hunt, Dunlap, Thompson and Peko? Is that it? I'm thinking we can line up Harrison at DE on some run situations to spell guys...what else might we try? Who's on the practice squad that plays Dline that can assist? When is Geathers back?

So our d-line depth has taken a ding. So who's left? MJ, Atkins, Hunt, Dunlap, Thompson and Peko? Is that it? I'm thinking we can line up Harrison at DE on some run situations to spell guys...what else might we try? Who's on the practice squad that plays Dline that can assist? When is Geathers back?

DQ ?

maybe as a practice squad guy.  Had effort issues at LSU, and was stupid enough to be smoking pot the night before a game in the NFL.

LSU-Offices.png

I also wanted to say that this picture is an awesome motivational tool. Don't know if they only put it up for NFL scouts or what, but if I was a coach in college and I had players with identifiable motivational/entitlement issues, something like this would be in my office window every fucking day for everyone to see. And if the laggards didn't like it, tough fucking shit....do better or transfer to another school and sit your lazy ass out a year...

ITS TIME FOR LURCH

Margus-Hunt.jpg

lurch_butler3a_answer_7_xlarge.jpeg

I think Gilberry is fine. We need a DT though.

Gilberry, Hunt and Dunlap all have the ability to move inside to DT in pass rushing situations.  

Also, for the first time this season (that I can recall), we saw Harrison take snaps at DE.  

If Gilberry's injury isn't serious, they should be ok.

http://kykernel.com/2013/10/21/former-cats-recover-from-injury-as-trevathan-excels-in-nfl-week-7/

After the Cincinnati Bengals’ upcoming game on Sunday, hybrid linebacker/defensive end DeQuin Evans will be eligible to return to play. Evans was suspended for eight games at the beginning of the season for violating the league’s drug policy.

By this article, it appears that DQ can potentially return to the Bengals this coming Sunday.  Not sure if this is accurate.

http://kykernel.com/2013/10/21/former-cats-recover-from-injury-as-trevathan-excels-in-nfl-week-7/

By this article, it appears that DQ can potentially return to the Bengals this coming Sunday.  Not sure if this is accurate.

...but is he in NFL speed shape (hammy candidate)?

That's why I definitely think we'll see Hunt this weekend.

...but is he in NFL speed shape (hammy candidate)?

That's why I definitely think we'll see Hunt this weekend.

He has been working out from all the reports I've ran across but doesn't appear he has been in PBS gym.  Don't know if that equates to NFL speed but shape yes.

if I'm not mistaken, he was waived and reverted to IR once he cleared waivers.  

I thought so, too but I checked the roster and he's on a "suspended" list, not IR. But I could have sworn he'd go to IR after. 

EDIT - should have read all of the other posts. Maybe he is a possibility for this year. I like the energy he brings - hope he gets another shot. 

I thought so, too but I checked the roster and he's on a "suspended" list, not IR. But I could have sworn he'd go to IR after. 

yea they even showed on Hard Knocks Marvin telling him (verbatim) "you'll get waived/injured but we'll revert you to IR"  "So just tell my agent I'm going on IR?"  Marvin:  "yea". 

And then the next scene is Mike Brown explaining things.

"an IR/suspended guy is a new one for me.  What will have to happen is he'll have to get treatment on his own." (slight paraphrase there).

Can someone with more knowledge of the rules please explain how it is possible that DQ could have been placed on IR without an injury and with a suspendable incident.

If on IR and he has been designated for return DQ can not come back prior to week 9 of the regular season.   http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/afl/sports/a-footbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/collective_bargaining_agreemen.pdf  ( CBA for 2013 )

If he has been suspended for 8 games does a roster spot need to remain open for him to come back ?

I can not find a single NFL rule book or CBA that states what is done with suspended players.

NFL Rule Book:  http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/2012%20-%20Rule%20Book.pdf

Archived