It's Official, Zimmer Era Over

On August 6, 2013, Zygi Wilf, along with his brother and cousin, were found liable by a New Jersey court for breaking civil state racketeering laws and keeping separate accounting books to fleece former business partners of shared revenue. The presiding judge noted that Wilf had used organized crime like tactics to commit fraud against his business partners.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23804007/minnesota-vikings-owner-zygi-wilf-loses-lawsuit-filed?source=rss

Figures ...  :1441: 

This shitbag owns over 90,000 apartments in the U.S. too ... 

Slumlord dickhole. 

I feel like Mike Brown made Marvin a promise of more power for a few years to get better results. I think Mike asked Zimmer to consider staying another year to allow him to keep his word to Marvin. His word was more important than the best coaching decision for the Bengals.

That's why I said I hope this isn't Bill Walsh 2.0

I feel like Mike Brown made Marvin a promise of more power for a few years to get better results. I think Mike asked Zimmer to consider staying another year to allow him to keep his word to Marvin. His word was more important than the best coaching decision for the Bengals.

Well, it could be Dick Lebeau 2.0 (allbeit for a different team)

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23804007/minnesota-vikings-owner-zygi-wilf-loses-lawsuit-filed?source=rss

Figures ...  :1441: 

This shitbag owns over 90,000 apartments in the U.S. too ... 

Slumlord dickhole. 

Hey, I was a slumlord once.  Moose and Rocko used to collect my rent checks.  Great tax write off.

Well, it could be Dick Lebeau 2.0 (allbeit for a different team)

Well, Minn has a pretty decent offense.  Cassel is the perfect guy to develope Ponder (if they still believe in him) or a new guy.  Their defense is SHIT and something Zimmer can fix.

When Lebeau got here, the defense was ok but the offense was Shit.  Truth is he tried to rebuild the franchise and actually got the parts in place but that 2002 season was just too brutal.  Lewis actually inherited a young team with decent talent.

Zimmer's system WAS Zimmer's genius.  The problem that he had here, ultimately, was the lack of star power and playmakers that could truly dominate (because he never had a consistently dominant D here, and of course when crunch time came they were frequently out-classed against the big boys).

And who said anything about "plugging another guy in?"  The whole point is that the best solution to replace Zimmer is someone who has been well versed in his system, ie, someone who could maintain continuity with it.

Of course, I'm not dismissing Zimmer's attitude and effect either.  But neither should anyone think that those things don't rub off and pass down as well.  Exhibit 1A would be Paul Guenther, who was heads and shoulders above the Hayes bros, for example, in his willingness to use tough love on his players.

And where did I mention anything about not having a possible slide after losing Zim?

The ability of people on this board to read one thing and then project totally different meaning onto it continues to baffle me.

I'm not projecting anything. I think we mostly agree, but I put more emphasis on the attitude and motivation piece of what Zimmer brought whereas you value the system itself more highly. This new DC, whoever he is, will probably fail if he misses the mark on either of the 2. System without motivation or motivation without system, neither would work very well.

Essentially, yeah. It's pretty much common knowledge that Marvin only came back after 2010 by making a grand bargain with Mike Brown. Give me more personnel control, overhaul the organization, make all kinds of changes, and I can deliver on them. And let's be honest, he has. 2003-2010 Bengals are totally different from the 2011-present edition. Despite the awful playoff performance, that doesn't negate the entire body of work he's done since re-signing. 

The second part of your post, well, that's just total speculation.

And Guenther is official, best possible move imo.

Well considering the great lengths they went to in order to bring in other candidates for interviews for comparison, obviously they have weighed their many options and decided fuck it what's for lunch?

Maybe he really was about to get poached by Zimmer or Gruden.  Maybe he really is the Next Big Thing.

I agree this is the best possible move for short-term continuity.  Beyond that, we will see.

Well considering the great lengths they went to in order to bring in other candidates for interviews for comparison, obviously they have weighed their many options and decided fuck it what's for lunch?

I agree this is the best possible move for short-term continuity.  Beyond that, we will see.

Come on, Dub, they've been grooming this guy for 9 years.  He's going to be able to get running a lot faster and with the same system than anyone else would have.  Why would you go outside?  I've always tried to promote from within in my business, and I was promoted from within. 

Come on, Dub, they've been grooming this guy for 9 years.  He's going to be able to get running a lot faster and with the same system than anyone else would have.  Why would you go outside?  I've always tried to promote from within in my business, and I was promoted from within. 

Due diligence? I mean, you're probably right, but given that this is a franchise that has been overly loyal to their own I would've liked to see them at least interview a few people first.  I guess just about anyone worth a damn would've wanted to run their own system but this guy has been a position coach for all of 2 years with very little experience calling plays. 

Due diligence? I mean, you're probably right, but given that this is a franchise that has been overly loyal to their own I would've liked to see them at least interview a few people first.  I guess just about anyone worth a damn would've wanted to run their own system but this guy has been a position coach for all of 2 years with very little experience calling plays. 

And Zimmer said himself that he was as important as any coach they have and was responsible for much of the blitz package they ran. When you have a guy you want, who is also wanted by others, you don't ask him to wait a week while you talk to other people just to make sure.

@RapSheet #Bengals LB coach Paul Guenther is still deciding if he wants to join Mike Zimmer in Minnesota or stay in Cincy as DC.

That's old - from 2 hours ago. His latest is this:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 38m

Paul Guenther, who had interest from #Vikings and #Redskins, has been elevated to defensive coordinator for the #Bengals.

Archived