Patriots favored 2 1/2- 3 over the Bengals

I would rather they still be considered invincible. That way this game will not be over-hyped as a "Last Stand" for Tommy. That will produce the usual crap by the league on the field to protect their storied/money-making franchise.     

Are you suggesting that an upstanding nonprofit charity organization like the NFL would do something unethical in order to protect their interests? Enjoy your tinfoil hat, sir, for I will not entertain such ridiculous conspiracy theories.

:ninja:

The line on this game has moved significantly since last night.  The Bengals are now 1.5 point favorites.  I expect it to move another point in that direction before kickoff.  

I thought that on the 29th when I said Bengals 1-2 points favorite. Patriots is not a game I would bet on in no way. Too close of a game to call. IMHO you will be right that the points will indeed shift.

Sucks about Vontaze. If anyone deserves to show off in Prime Time, its him.

re: concussions- Could he possibly still be having issues with it- or could it just be the coaches being extra cautious and keeping him out another week (or both)?

Kenbrell Thompkins cut; Brandon Browner not activated; Alfonzo Dennard likely out

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/10/4/6908495/kenbrell-thompkins-brandon-browner-alfonzo-dennard

The New England Patriots have made a pair of odd moves ahead of their matchup with the Cincinnati Bengals. First, the team waived wide receiver Kenbrell Thompkins.

Thompkins has just six catches for 53 yards this season after catching 32 passes for 466 yards last year. The Patriots also promoted linebacker Ja’Gared Davis from the practice squad, meaning he’ll be eligible to play on Sunday night against the Bengals.

As if that wasn't odd, the Patriots decision to not activate conrerback Brandon Browner certainly is. The 6-4, 221-pound Browner was signed this offseason after it was annouced he'd be suspended for the first four games of this year due to a PED violation.

Browner's suspension is up, and it was believed he'd he'd be activated this week. He brings a physical element to a defense that was trampled Monday night and has to deal with wide receivers A.J. Green and Mohamed Sanu this week.

ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss reported earlier Saturday that of either Thompkins or the embattled Aaron Dobson would be inactive against the Bengals, and Reiss believed that it would be Thompkins who got the nod.

While Thompkins can move the chains with his route-running and solid hands, he doesn't offer enough playmaking ability, and the Patriots need someone to step up and give them this. The truth is, they might not have someone capable of doing that.

Reiss also reported that he expects starting cornerback Alfonzo Dennard to be out. That makes the decision to not activate Browner even more odd.

Dennard played 52 snaps in Week 1 against the Dolphins but has not appeared in regular-season action since. The 25-year-old was a limited participant in each of the last three Patriots practices this week.

This could lead to bigger games for Green and Sanu on the outside, though Logan Ryan and Darrelle Revis are still two quality corners.

Anyone else see that the line went up to 2.5 for us?

I'm not big on gambling but just don't see a 5-6 point swing in 5 days like that, especially against the home team.

Yeah I've noticed and that's a monster shift especially with no major injuries announced for N E.But still 65% of the money is on Cincy so maybe they had to keep moving it to try and even the money out ?

Yet 78 % of the money is on Pitt in their game yet it opened at 6 and is still 6

I hope our game isn't fixed

Soccer is fixed.

NFL has too much attention and game fixers have moved on to an easier score and it's many of the soccer leagues and maybe even World Cup games.

In Italy alot of teams have been busted for having a number of players bought by international police.

Games are not fixed.

You really think if the NFL fixed games it would not have come out by now?

You really think nobody bribes NFL refs? Ever?

All the other major sports have had game-changing gambling scandals, yet somehow the NFL has not.

You really think that's because a league with well-documented connections to gambling and organized crime is just that squeaky clean and honest?

Get real.

IDK that there's widespread game fixing league-wide, but you'd have to be incredibly naive to think that it doesn't happen. Look at the gambling ring involving Gretzky's wife & the New Jersey police's Operation Slapshot & Superbowl XL. Nah, those were just terrible idiot refs. Sure.

It's no longer a conspiracy *theory* when people get indicted for it, y'know. At that point it's just a conspiracy.

Ask yourself, what makes more sense: The Vegas bookies would never allow it so it must not ever happen, or they are in on the action. Seems painfully obvious to me, but hey, maybe you think Roger Goodell is an honest & upstanding leader & role model, too.

Ask yourself, what makes more sense: The Vegas bookies would never allow it so it must not ever happen, or they are in on the action. Seems painfully obvious to me, but hey, maybe you think Roger Goodell is an honest & upstanding leader & role model, too.

It's more that Las Vegas has a vested interest in the bets their customers place be on the level.  'Course when an entity such as the NFL makes $25 billion a year, that gives you a lot of money with which to pay people off...   :39:

It's more that Las Vegas has a vested interest in the bets their customers place be on the level.  'Course when an entity such as the NFL makes $25 billion a year, that gives you a lot of money with which to pay people off...   :39:

Well when you've got a nation of fans that sat through the tragicomedy that was SB XL & are still convinced there's no game fixing, mafia informants detailing how it occurs, etc.. I'm not sure what it would take to convince them other than a zombie Al Capone handing a bag of cash to Ed Hochuli at midfield.

Archived