Where is Margus?

I don't think there's anything wrong with Magus. I just think he went from single A ball to the big leagues and is still making the transition. He does flash at times, but he's mostly inconsistent at this point. If he's still at this same point next season, then it's time to start wondering/worrying. 

Anyone remember when Zimmer had Michael Johnson playing SLB a few times back in 2010?  I'd say Hunt is just

as athletic as Johnson if not more.  I wonder if Hunt could do it?  Might be a reach with Hunt's limited football

experience but what the hell?  

Hunt in space seems like a disaster of epic proportions. 

Hunt in space seems like a disaster of epic proportions. 

Is he that much slower than James Harrison was last year?  

Edit:  Just checked his combine numbers.  He ran a 4.6 flat 

and did 38 reps of 225.  Tied for the most reps among DL and ran faster than some RB's.

Edit again:  Lamur didnt do anything at the 2012 Combine but did at his Pro Day.

20 reps of 225 lbs and 4.63 in the 40 yard dash.

Going just off of that.  Hunt is every bit as athletic as Lamur and 3 inches taller and MUCH

stronger.  Only difference is experience.  

one thing I have noticed that whenever he comes into the game, teams rush towards him, because he always seems to be back pedeling when any LT pushes him....he need to gain some fucking weight....

He's god damn Michael Johnson in his 2nd year in the NFL.

Isn't Hunt already around 290 lbs?  He's got plenty of strength.  Just needs to learn how to use it.  With his height LT's are

able to get underneath his pads.  He needs to work on his technique and play with his pads lower. 

a whole topic about our 4th best DE... 

who cares?

I dunno, I thought it was a valid question and worth discussing.  Our front four has been struggling...guys are looking gassed later in the games...and it was worse in the Carolina game...and Margus coincidentally played much less than usual in that game.  Why wasn't he getting more reps just to help guys recharge their batteries?.  He's got speed, so maybe he matches up better with Cam?  Did the coaches not trust him against Cam since he's still kinda green?  Is he nursing an injury and limited?  Maybe he played more than some realize and just wasn't noticable this game?  Etc, etc, etc.

It seemed to unravel from the original intent IMHO with some of the Debbie Downer stuff, but other than that, what else we got to talk about?

On to Indy!!!

It's not like we've been getting a ton of pressure on the QB these last 2 games either.

Or the fact we've given up an average of 40 points per game the last 2 games where

the 3 games before we only gave up an average of 11 points per game and at least 

got a LITTLE pressure on the QB in those games.  The defense as a whole has pretty

much stunk up the joint here the last 2 games.  Guess it's no big deal though right GO?

Guess it's all Andy's fault!   :ninja: 

Archived