Where is Margus?

Maybe, but for doing very good, the opposing QB seems like he could do trigonometry in the backfield before someone breathes on him. 

Peko's fault.  He's not good.  Neither are the backups though.  

Blitzes are ineffective.  That's on Guenther.

The whole line isnt very good right now.  I cant recall on splash play from Peko or from Geno(for good reason i guess) this year.  No reason why he cant be rotated into the game more to see if he can provide  a much needed spark.  As pete prisco said, Andrew Luck's play so far this season, is covering up a lot of warts for Inday this season.  If the Dline cant get to him this Sunday, prepare for that to continue to be the case.

The whole line isnt very good right now.  I cant recall on splash play from Peko or from Geno(for good reason i guess) this year.  No reason why he cant be rotated into the game more to see if he can provide  a much needed spark.  As pete prisco said, Andrew Luck's play so far this season, is covering up a lot of warts for Inday this season.  If the Dline cant get to him this Sunday, prepare for that to continue to be the case.

Yes. Or at the end of the game when the entire line was exhausted and giving little effort

Not sure how many snaps he actually got.    I noticed him in late in the first drive near goal line but really didn't have a chance to impact the game.   He played on 2nd series, made no plays but that was a good series for the Defense.  They didn't really start to go bad until the drives they scored 24 and on.   Just couldn't get a stop after that point and had real trouble dealing with Cam keeping it. 

Margus got a bunch of snaps on the Panthers last regulation drive and went up against their left tackle and didn't really impact anything on several rushes.

from Geno

I'll start to get on board pass rushing wise he's starting to get there.    He had a couple hits on Cam.   1 should have been a sack on the first series.

Another late in the game, awesome bull rush.   Guard takes him down (no holding call) and he ends up leg whipping Cam to the ground.   Not on purpose the guard took him down because he had no choice.

I'll start to get on board pass rushing wise he's starting to get there.    He had a couple hits on Cam.   1 should have been a sack on the first series.

Another late in the game, awesome bull rush.   Guard takes him down (no holding call) and he ends up leg whipping Cam to the ground.   Not on purpose the guard took him down because he had no choice.

13 games before Geno got hurt, Bengals averaged 2.615 sacks per game

13 games since Geno got hurt: Bengals averaging 2.07 sacks per game

I don't think Bengals sacked Cam but they got several decent shots on him in the pocket (not on running attempts).

Probably between 7-9 hits. 

One thing on Margus.    Kinda hard to take Gilberry or Dunlap off the field.  Those two are busting ass.    Probably the only reason why Margus got the snaps on the last drive in regulation was Gilberry helmet came off and his head split.

Gilberry crushed Cam on the Nelson Int. 

13 games before Geno got hurt, Bengals averaged 2.615 sacks per game

13 games since Geno got hurt: Bengals averaging 2.07 sacks per game

it's not the sheer number of sacks that's really important.

It was the constant chaos coming from the middle that isn't happening now.

Bad ass Geno is sorely missed tight now...

I would be happy not to see Dunlap dropped 15 yards of the of the LOS in a zone at any point again. Drives me nuts. That dude should be trying to kill qbs on 3rd down, not in coverage. 

Yeah but when he drops back the offense doesn't know where the pressure is coming from with our CRAAA-A-AZY blitzes!

:ninja:

Hint: It's coming from nowhere.

On special teams. He did have a monster block on Pac man's return. I noticed him late in the game Sunday he was free in the backfield on a play and he just stopped Like he was shocked that he wasn't blocked to the ground. I think in time he'll be a player for us.

Archived