2015 NFL Mock Drafts

Yeah.  Chris Henry was a bit of a one trick pony.  DGB has the tools to be a Top 5 talent in the league.  If the Bengals go defense at 21, I'd love to see them trade back up into the first or early second and take him.  The whole Chris Henry thing probably lingers a little too closely, though.

No way no how DGB goes before round 3. DGB makes Chris Henry look like Jerry Rice with his route running. And let's not forget about his off the field trouble. This is right up there with the draft qb Cardale Jones in round 1 talk.

I couldn't disagree more.  Someone will take a flyer on him.  I'll be surprised if he gets out of the first round.  If he gets past the second, I'll buy you a beer.

Totally agree.  No way someone lets the next Randy Moss type talent fall to round 3.   That said it is, without a doubt, taking a big risk but a well run club with a good support system might hit a home run.

I am thinking Cleveland.   :ninja:

Seriously, this guy is that good so someone will roll the dice like Minnesota did with Moss.

I also agree that tackle is NOT a priority, winning and advancing in the playoffs is.   Taking a tackle early will not help Marvin's desire to actually win something post season since this might be his last year.

Well, it's usually presented as a bad idea, as in the all-too-familiar... "this team needs to start developing a replacement for Andrew Whitworth now"...rant that completely ignores how Whitworth just had his best season, and his relationship with the Bengals couldn't be better or stronger.

Myself, I expect Whitworth to continue playing at a very high level for several more years before retiring as a Bengal.

On the opposite side is Andre Smith, a player I expect the Bengals to be able to retain for as long as they want OR worst case scenario have to replace with a plug-and-play ORT drafted after Smith departs.

Thus, my interest in OT has been mostly rooted in a backup swing tackle who could be selected in the mid rounds.

Or if you prefer, draft the backup now. Get the starter later.

That said, if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly you're now talking about allowing Boling to depart in FA and then backfilling at OLG with a tackle prospect who could be an elite guard ala Zach Martin and the Cowboys. 

I kinda like that.

yup. that's my greater priority. Zach Martin was obviously special, but you can't ignore the impact putting a guy like that in your interior can have.  I don't see them re-upping at Center, and I imagine Bodine will be improving by virtue of time served, so Boiling is the weak link that I'd look to address with a major talent if he presented himself at BPA in round 1.  And though I tend to agree with you on the tackles, I find myself a little concerned if either of those guys go down - something which becomes more and more likely as they age.

Totally agree.  No way someone lets the next Randy Moss type talent fall to round 3.   That said it is, without a doubt, taking a big risk but a well run club with a good support system might hit a home run.

I am thinking Cleveland.   :ninja:

Seriously, this guy is that good so someone will roll the dice like Minnesota did with Moss.

I also agree that tackle is NOT a priority, winning and advancing in the playoffs is.   Taking a tackle early will not help Marvin's desire to actually win something post season since this might be his last year.

Cleveland will be the reason he falls. You just can't waste a top round pick on Josh Gordon if he can stay on your active roster.

I couldn't disagree more.  Someone will take a flyer on him.  I'll be surprised if he gets out of the first round.  If he gets past the second, I'll buy you a beer.

Deal. I'll buy a johnny walker blue label shot if he is drafted in round 1. But he's not that talented like some of you believe he is. Go watch tape on the guy. Way over hyped coming out of high school. And played in a spread offense in college where he put up good not great stats.he's no where near Randy Moss level. Not even close. Chris Henry blows him away physically.

Deal. I'll buy a johnny walker blue label shot if he is drafted in round 1. But he's not that talented like some of you believe he is. Go watch tape on the guy. Way over hyped coming out of high school. And played in a spread offense in college where he put up good not great stats.he's no where near Randy Moss level. Not even close. Chris Henry blows him away physically.

Deal.

I've watched him. His ability and willingness to high point the ball is impressive. The only thing I don't see enough of is separation, but he always makes the play. That reminds me of Alshon Jeffrey when he was at South Carolina. However he's faster than Jeffrey, but wasn't as productive.

What that means is for the personnel guys to figure out. He is going to rape the combine.

Jason always,goes with an OSU guy.

Or UC depending on how prospects fall. 

Looks like predicting when DGB is picked might make for a good tie-breaker in any draft picking contest.

:shrug:

:lol:

Right now I am leaning towards Devin Smith depending on how things shake out at the combine.

Or UC depending on how prospects fall. 

:lol:

Right now I am leaning towards Devin Smith depending on how things shake out at the combine.

OK didn't realize you went with UC also. Since DGB isn't a UC alum either , then I guess he remains a non tie breaker consideration.

OK didn't realize you went with UC also. Since DGB isn't a UC alum either , then I guess he remains a non tie breaker consideration.

I usually try to pick someone that is either all over the place with his rankings, or somewhere in the 3rd round range.  If OSU has a kid like that, he will always be the pick, but if not, and UC does, I will look at him.  If UC has a draftable player and a second tiebreaker is needed, he may be the choice.

I usually try to pick someone that is either all over the place with his rankings, or somewhere in the 3rd round range.  If OSU has a kid like that, he will always be the pick, but if not, and UC does, I will look at him.  If UC has a draftable player and a second tiebreaker is needed, he may be the choice.

Gotcha

considering that criteria might i suggest doran grant as a good candidate for this year? i've seen a wide variation in his value so far....perhaps, more so than any other member of THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP OHIO STATE BUCKEYES.  :headbang:

considering that criteria might i suggest doran grant as a good candidate for this year? i've seen a wide variation in his value so far....perhaps, more so than any other member of THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP OHIO STATE BUCKEYES.  :headbang:

If Devin has a good combine and solidifies his draft position I might.

In McShay's latest mock draft he has the Bengals taking Vic Beasley.  I in no way think Beasley slips all the way to #21 but I'd be doing the no pants dance if the Bengals landed him.  Beasley's #1 on my wish list dude's a sack machine.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/mock/?season=2015&version=2&source=Todd-McShay-Mock-Draft

In McShay's latest mock draft he has the Bengals taking Vic Beasley.  I in no way think Beasley slips all the way to #21 but I'd be doing the no pants dance if the Bengals landed him.  Beasley's #1 on my wish list dude's a sack machine.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/mock/?season=2015&version=2&source=Todd-McShay-Mock-Draft

He's too small to play DE for us, and last year not 1 LB on the team had even 1 sack, I don't think he's a fit for us.

He's too small to play DE for us, and last year not 1 LB on the team had even 1 sack, I don't think he's a fit for us.

he's talking about drafting him as a LB.

"He's a great fit for the Bengals' defense as a 4-3 outside linebacker, and he will help upgrade a pass rush that ranked 27th in the NFL last season in sacks per attempt."

he's talking about drafting him as a LB.

"He's a great fit for the Bengals' defense as a 4-3 outside linebacker, and he will help upgrade a pass rush that ranked 27th in the NFL last season in sacks per attempt."

I'd love Beasley as well. I said it b4. He handled himself quite nicely in the game against Alabama's big boys.

Archived