!!!THE OFFICIAL BENGALS @ 49ERS GAME THREAD!!!

This is setting up nicely for us.

Up 3 TDs against the Niners.  A win clinches a playoff berth and keeps us in the mix for a bye.
Denver up 17 at Pittsburgh.  A Bronco win clinches the division for us.
Chefs and Jests already won, a Steeler loss drops them a full game behind BOTH of the wild card contenders, with unfavorable tiebreaks against both.

I'm okay with Denver winning.  It sets up a winner-take-a-bye game next week at Mile High.  I'd like a bye, but I'd much more strongly prefer to not meet those towel-waiving fuckers in our stadium on Wild Card week.  Knock them out of the playoffs, and I'll take a non-bye matchup against the Jets or Chefs.

Non-throwing shoulder.  Reported "Probable" to return.  Game is at halftime - Osweiler got 5 extra real-time minutes with the training staff with the Stealers wiping out the rest of the first half-clock.

Awesome.  ESPN was showing as questionable.

Manning did practice this week so it may not matter

He did, but he is inactive.

Media on Tuesday: How dare McCarron compare himself to Tom Brady?
Media on Sunday: Do we have that graphic comparing McCarron and Brady?

The media really had a field day with that too. All McCarron said was he was in the same position as Brady (which is true) and somehow he was saying he is going to win multiple super bowls and be the greatest of all time. You know, there are a lot of good stories in the NFL. Why does the media need to fabricate news?

Archived