Week 17: We're Bengals fans, we're Chargers fans, we're Chiefs fans...and we're Jets fans.

Best case:  Bengals #2 seed and playoff bye, Stealers head to their couches.

Worst case:  #6 Pittsburgh at #3 Cincinnati

If KC wins and Denver loses, KC wins the West and is the #3 seed, bumping the Bengals to #2, regardless of whether Bengals win or lose.  Unfortunately, the Bengals won't know the San Diego - Denver outcome when they play.

Current lines per The Score web site:

Cincinnati -7 at home vs Baltimore

NY Jets -3 at Buffalo

Kansas City -6.5 at home vs Oakland

Pittsburgh -10 at Cleveland

Not related to us, but an odd situation potentially exists in the NFC North matchup between the Vikings and Packers in Green Bay Sunday night.  The winner wins the North and is a #3 seed and the loser is potentially the #5 seed.  However, the #3 seed may very well host the #6 Seahawks while the #5 seed would travel to #4 Washington.  It would seem that traveling to Washington might be the easier route to the next round.  So, the winner of the Vikings-Packers game might not be the real "winner".

what team do you honestly think we can beat in the playoffs ??

2 teams we have a slim chance IMO to beat would be the broncos and maybe the jets . Texans have our number .

no way with pitts , chiefs . pats .

A healthy Dalton changes a lot. A first round bye could be crucial.

Well considering we already beat the Chiefs and very well once we can certainly take them even though it's a tougher team now. Back then they were playing for a lot though. The Jets are a coin flip they can beat anyone but they can also lose to anyone. The Texans we are just flat out better, gotta be able to handle that. The pats and the Broncos are the biggest threats. The pats we don't know much about how we match up but we can def hang with the Broncos. I know the Stealers kinda have our number, but overall no question the toughest match is Denver or pats. If you don't get through the others you won't beat them. It's football though, so many variables.

2 teams we have a slim chance IMO to beat would be the broncos and maybe the jets . Texans have our number .

Honestly?   I don't have faith in them beating the Cleveland Browns in the playoffs.   There's a large mental part and coaching part with this team that goes beyond any potential match up.

Talent wise and match up they can beat anyone in the league and go to a Superbowl. 

I still think the best playoff match up is the Stealers if you are looking for just a playoff win.   A big rival like that following their last meetings will focus the team.   Truth be told the Bengals are in the heads of the Stealers as much as they are in ours at this point.   A whole bunch of crazy going on the week leading up to might get them out of the big stage fear, maybe.

At this point any Bengal fan is throwing shit against the wall and hoping something changes in the post season.   Don't have a whole lot of confidence either way in the playoffs and I won't until they prove it. 

This team isn't beating anyone with Wenning at QB.

They probably aren't beating anyone except for the Texans and possibly the Jets with McCarron at QB. They'll be competitive though.

They can beat anyone with Dalton at QB. Not saying they will, but, I see a one and done without Dalton. I just hope the football Gods throw us a bone and have the Jets beat the Bills so we don't have to deal with another crappy loss to the Stealers should Dalton not play.

scharm you are outta your mind if think this team could beat pittsburgh with anything on the line, marvin has proven it time and time again. he folds like a lawn chair

Running around scared of a flawed Steeler team gets you nothing.   I don't express any level of confidence of Marvin winning in the playoffs, period.

IMO, the best match up for a WC round for the Bengals is the Pittsburgh Stealers.     It will focus the team.   Their defense gives up yards.   Our defense has proven in two match ups to bend but not break.

Although it's not trendy to suggest it but Tomlin folds just as much as Lewis once his HOF talent disappeared off his defense.    That's why they will be scoreboard watching Sunday.

We can beat the Cheifs. I know their much improved since the last contest but we can still put up more points than them. 

Thats about the only team I can see us beating. Our defense looks worn out after last night. They needed that bye badly as they been busting their tails all season. 

The Jets are looking real good. They can outscore our offense thats for sure. Pittsburgh will just want it more plain and simple. The Texans will beat us with their #5 QB as the bengals will amass the fewest yards of any offense in playoff history. 

Running around scared of a flawed Steeler team gets you nothing.   I don't express any level of confidence of Marvin winning in the playoffs, period.

IMO, the best match up for a WC round for the Bengals is the Pittsburgh Stealers.     It will focus the team.   Their defense gives up yards.   Our defense has proven in two match ups to bend but not break.

Although it's not trendy to suggest it but Tomlin folds just as much as Lewis once his HOF talent disappeared off his defense.    That's why they will be scoreboard           

Scharm I think you hit it with your first sentence Marvin Lewis consistently plays scared against the Pittsburgh Stealers no matter who the players or coaches are

No one.. There's always next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ONLY WAY we beat anyone is for this offense shows it can run the rock,and you just HAVE TO run the ball in the playoffs.All the good teams run the rock when its playoff time.NO EXCUSES,AND HUE has to figure it out..His playcalliing is awlful in the run game and this O-line cannot knock anyone off the line,plus Jermey Hill is struggling.I cannot figure him out.He is a stud,but cannot break the long one.I think his vision is not good enough.who knows.

No one.. There's always next season

If old MARVIN blows this season here at the end,he needs to quit and allow either hue or vance take over.All of us had high hopes for this team when they won the first 8 games,now all of us are showing how we have ususally felt all these years and that's big-time doubt.I am saying this,the dirty-birds are playing better than our guys and we got a ton of key players injured.Still,good teams find a way.

Players that will probably be out of this upcoming game is ryan Hewitt,knee,leon hall,back and knee,adam jones-foot and back,our safety--George Ioeka,i know I spelled his name wrong,dre k-knee,aj green,back,tyler eifert-concussion,and I am sure I am leaving someone out.You get the picture.

Ryan Mallett is playing lights out and he is not a rook,he is damn good,and I am very concerned.They have to win this game and its so so hard to beat a team twice in the same year.

The ONLY WAY we beat anyone is for this offense shows it can run the rock,and you just HAVE TO run the ball in the playoffs.All the good teams run the rock when its playoff time.NO EXCUSES,AND HUE has to figure it out..His playcalliing is awlful in the run game and this O-line cannot knock anyone off the line,plus Jermey Hill is struggling.I cannot figure him out.He is a stud,but cannot break the long one.I think his vision is not good enough.who knows.

I think you nailed it. Hill has all the moves but lacks vision. That's something your born with and not taught. He's peaked. Easily brought down with arm tackles. Imagine trying to tackle beast mode with arm tackles. You'll lose that arm at the shoulder socket. .

Well, we were all down on Gio last year as I recall.  He had a sophomore slump.   I can see that with Hill as well.  He showed us what he's got last year, and I am confident he will find it again.

I think you nailed it. Hill has all the moves but lacks vision. That's something your born with and not taught. He's peaked. Easily brought down with arm tackles. Imagine trying to tackle beast mode with arm tackles. You'll lose that arm at the shoulder socket. .

We lost 3 games, 2 of which were on the road, to Playoff teams by a combined total of 10 fucking points.

Yet the vocal majority here thinks we couldn't beat anyone? LOL STFU and grow a fucking pair.

While i certainly get the point of this, and do not disagree, it doesnt really matter how much they lose by.  a loss is a loss and i would not be surprised to see them lose to a New York Jets team 13-10 at home with 200 yds of total offense.  I've seen it too many times.  To their credit, i think they played a tough game in a tough environment this past Monday against a game opponent w/ basically its playoff life on the line, but the outcome has become all too familiar.  I always cheer and hold out hope, but hope often times turns to a losing reality with this franchise.  I dont know, maybe it will be different this year some how.    

We lost 3 games, 2 of which were on the road, to Playoff teams by a combined total of 10 fucking points.

Yet the vocal majority here thinks we couldn't beat anyone? LOL STFU and grow a fucking pair.

I'm with you, as long as we have a QB, otherwise, it could be last year's Arizona team.   

Players that will probably be out of this upcoming game is ryan Hewitt,knee,leon hall,back and knee,adam jones-foot and back,our safety--George Ioeka,i know I spelled his name wrong,dre k-knee,aj green,back,tyler eifert-concussion,and I am sure I am leaving someone out.You get the picture.

Ryan Mallett is playing lights out and he is not a rook,he is damn good,and I am very concerned.They have to win this game and its so so hard to beat a team twice in the same year.

I'm still left scratching my head about his alignments.  I mean I can remember multiple times seeing Ogbuehi lined up all over the place.  One time a combination of Ogbuehi-Whit-Boling-Bodine-Zeitler-Kroft.  That play resulted in a run to the right...?  I know Andre Smith lined up at left guard multiple times.  He confuses the hell out of me.

The only players likely to miss for me will be Hewy and Iloka.

Ryan Mallett played one game against a terrible Pittsburgh defense.  No worries, he's not good.  Who knows, he might even miss the flight.

Archived