Bengals worked out Cardale Jones

I think when it's all said and done he will be the best QB out of this draft. I know everybody loves Carson Wentz but Cardale's athletic ability is equal or better and he played against a much higher level of competition. 

If Cardale is able to go to a team that will develop him similarly to AJ McCarron he will have a very successful NFL career. 

I hope so.  The guy has no touch on his throws, something that Ben is very good at. He's athletic and has a big arm, but he has to learn how to run a pro-style offense with a playbook that doesn't include read option to Ezekiel Elliot every play. 

I remember when people wanted to take him at 21 last year before he announced he was going back.  Good times.

Big OSU fan, but Cardale has no shot at being an NFL QB.  No feel for the position at all.  

I wouldn't go that far. Keep in mind he is undefeated as a starter, and beat some good teams.  The problem last year was OSU lacked a true vertical threat and only had one true WR. Combine that with trying to run an offense not suited to his skills and he was in a bad spot.

Now, he certainly isn't guaranteed to be a success and will have to do a lot of hard work. But the things he has can't be taught and the things he doesn't can.  

I wouldn't go that far. Keep in mind he is undefeated as a starter, and beat some good teams.  The problem last year was OSU lacked a true vertical threat and only had one true WR. Combine that with trying to run an offense not suited to his skills and he was in a bad spot.

Now, he certainly isn't guaranteed to be a success and will have to do a lot of hard work. But the things he has can't be taught and the things he doesn't can.  

OSU is going to have 3 WRs drafted (two of which will go in the first 3 rounds), the first RB drafted, a TE drafted and several offensive linemen drafted.  So no excuses for Cardale.  He was in about the best spot of any QB in the country.

So when Cardale has zero success in the NFL will he still have no idea what the is talking about?  Because that is what is going to happen.  

What are the winning Power Ball and Mega Millions lottery numbers since you know the future?

Just because Cardale struggled at times last year doesn't mean he has no shot at a successful NFL career. Meyer's offenses do not translate to the NFL, name one QB that has come out of an Urban Meyer system and had success. From Omar Jacobs to Tim Tebow, it's clear that Meyer's doesn't coach up his QB's for NFL success. If Cardale goes to a team that will allow him to learn and refine his fundamentals he can have success. 

OSU is going to have 3 WRs drafted (two of which will go in the first 3 rounds), the first RB drafted, a TE drafted and several offensive linemen drafted.  So no excuses for Cardale.  He was in about the best spot of any QB in the country.

Michael Thomas was the one legitimate WR.  Miller was a converted QB still learning the position who will be drafted solely on his potential.  Jalin Marshall is going to be a late draft pick.  As for why they didn't throw more to Vannett you will have to ask Urban that.  And they continued to try and run a spread option offense with Jones instead of a pro style offense.  Again, I'm not saying Jones is a sure thing to be a star, but he was in a bad spot for his skills last year.

Michael Thomas was the one legitimate WR.  Miller was a converted QB still learning the position who will be drafted solely on his potential.  Jalin Marshall is going to be a late draft pick.  As for why they didn't throw more to Vannett you will have to ask Urban that.  And they continued to try and run a spread option offense with Jones instead of a pro style offense.  Again, I'm not saying Jones is a sure thing to be a star, but he was in a bad spot for his skills last year.

How can you expect a college QB to look good when he only has one future first round WR to throw to?

How can you expect a college QB to look good when he only has one future first round WR to throw to?

As I have said, I'm not saying Cardale will be a great QB, I'm just saying it's too early to write him off.   

On the contrary, there is a lot of evidence you don't what the hell you are talking about. 

LOL,sorry,.. I was at the Northern Illinois game this year.   The guy couldn't check off  obvious all out blitzs and missed uncovered receivers with a steely precision that was disturbing.   It further reinforced the obvious reason of the previous season's success:  Ezekiel Elliot and the defense.   He is Jamarcus Russell.  

LOL,sorry,.. I was at the Northern Illinois game this year.   The guy couldn't check off  obvious all out blitzs and missed uncovered receivers with a steely precision that was disturbing.   It further reinforced the obvious reason of the previous season's success:  Ezekiel Elliot and the defense.   He is Jamarcus Russell.  

That's an insult to Jamarcus Russell...

:ninja:

What are the winning Power Ball and Mega Millions lottery numbers since you know the future?

Just because Cardale struggled at times last year doesn't mean he has no shot at a successful NFL career. Meyer's offenses do not translate to the NFL, name one QB that has come out of an Urban Meyer system and had success. From Omar Jacobs to Tim Tebow, it's clear that Meyer's doesn't coach up his QB's for NFL success. If Cardale goes to a team that will allow him to learn and refine his fundamentals he can have success. 

Brett Fauve recently said he was clueless to some defenses early on, combine that with natural God given talent and dedication in the film room.......Anythings possible.

The NFL dickpicker played in when he was young was handing the ball off 30 times and throwing it maybe 20 times.  They throw the ball around 40 times in today's NFL and most of the time the ball is predicated on pre-snap reads.  Its why these kids coming out of gimmicky college offenses are flaming out almost every time.

Archived