Vontaze Burfict Vs. Stealers Thread

13 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

All of the lose-out quitters are happy this morning...congratulations! The broken clocks have once again proven that they can still be right twice a day!

But, of course, now the same give-me-the-higher-draft-pick broken clocks, will piously savage the team for "quitting" these last few games if, in fact, they do lose out. 

You know who you are.

I wasn't rooting for them to lose.  If they did not win, I did not want them to look like a dozen clowns rolling out of a tiny car, running around squirting one another with seltzer bottles, hitting each other with inflated pig bladders, and falling over their own big feet.  Which is pretty much what they did the second half.  I guess that's Marv's idea of halftime adjustments, go out and make asses of yourself.  With the help of the refs, of course, who are only to happy to help because, after all, it IS Pittsburgh.

If we do end up with a draft pick in the top half dozen, Marvy will trade down and take the next Cedric Obuehi or Darkside Dennard.  The idea of trading up for a quality player died wits Ki-Junka Carters knee in his first preseason game.

The final two games are going to be real jokes since Marvmallow can't get this team motivated and off its dead ass when the games DO mean something.

Retire, Marvin, retire.  Katie sure as Hell ain't going to fire him.

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

All of the lose-out quitters are happy this morning...congratulations! The broken clocks have once again proven that they can still be right twice a day!

But, of course, now the same give-me-the-higher-draft-pick broken clocks, will piously savage the team for "quitting" these last few games if, in fact, they do lose out. 

You know who you are.

Judging by Marvin's post game quotes, I'm not sure he has not quit on this team. After 14 years he still doesn't know what buttons to push or how to get this team over the hump, it's past time for him to leave. 

Well it is hard, because I feel like I’ve not found the right buttons to push to get us to where we need to be. I always take credit for that. I’m never going to blame somebody else. It’s my job to figure out why we don’t get it to where it needs to be. We’ve been short.” - Marvin Lewis  http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Stealers-at-Bengals-Postgame-Quotes/bfb3d72c-2593-4408-935d-139600c64ac0

Le Tigre, do you honestly think Marvin Lewis and this current coaching staff is capable of winning a Super Bowl?

Keep in mind Marvin has been on the job for 14 years and has yet to win a playoff game. 

18 hours ago, DudleyDawson said:

This has to be the nail in the coffin for Marvin. Wonder what it would take to get Josh McDaniels

Wonder what it would take to get a Coach that brings discipline to this team.  Watching Burfict and the other Ass Clowns on Defense yesterday is embarrassing.

STFU and play the game.  Every play we either celebrate/mouth off.  It's absolutely annoying.  Ran into a guy who runs the chains a couple weeks ago.  Been doing

it forever.  Said this is the most out of shape Bengals football team of all time.  That is on Marvin and the Culture that he has created. 

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

You know who you are.

We aren't going to lose out. We will beat the Texans, the Ravens will be a coin toss, but there is just no way we lose to the Texans.

2 hours ago, One Nation said:

Wonder what it would take to get a Coach that brings discipline to this team.  Watching Burfict and the other Ass Clowns on Defense yesterday is embarrassing.

STFU and play the game.  Every play we either celebrate/mouth off.  It's absolutely annoying.  Ran into a guy who runs the chains a couple weeks ago.  Been doing

it forever.  Said this is the most out of shape Bengals football team of all time.  That is on Marvin and the Culture that he has created. 

Well that's just great. No need to stay in shape. You're just professional athletes, after all. 

5 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Judging by Marvin's post game quotes, I'm not sure he has not quit on this team. After 14 years he still doesn't know what buttons to push or how to get this team over the hump, it's past time for him to leave. 

Le Tigre, do you honestly think Marvin Lewis and this current coaching staff is capable of winning a Super Bowl?

Keep in mind Marvin has been on the job for 14 years and has yet to win a playoff game. 

To me, anyway, that comment isn't "quitting", just an honest admission of not getting it done this year. 

You change the subject by asking me the question in paragraph 2, but I will answer it: I don't know. In 2005, the same HC--without his wunderkind of Zimmer and Gruden--were odds-on favs to get there. In 2009, the same HC won a division with much less. 5 straight playoff years (and winning seasons)--including essentially the same players and coaches being spoken of in SB talk as late as last January. 

I am not carrying water for ML. He may be as everyone thinks: at his limit of achievement. To answer the question, again: I don't know. And, for that matter, neither do you.

But, you never have answered the question posed to you: do you want them to tank the rest of the year and, if so, will you then complain that they have "quit"?

8 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

But, But,  But....the refs:marvinpresser:

So 4 consecutive penalties to keep Shitsburgh's go-ahead drive alive, Burfict having more penalties in one game than he's had all season, the team having more penalty yards in the 2nd half than offense..  That all seems legit to you?  Totally nonbiased officiating?  Simple yes or no question there. 

I don't think anyone is saying the losses are all on the refs but it sure as hell doesn't help matters any.  Like it's kind of hard to tell who is the better boxer if one guy gets to punch the other in the dick, and insulting to call the guy a crybaby whiner when he points out the other guy punched him in the dick.

42 minutes ago, jhowdy54 said:

If the Stealers players do anything bad there applauded because the Bengals players deserve it. If the Bengals players do anything bad there dirty and thugs. Just dont get it.

In professional wrestling, kayfabe /ˈkeɪfeɪb/ is the portrayal of staged events within the industry as "real" or "true," specifically the portrayal of competition, rivalries, and relationships between participants as being genuine and not of a staged or pre-determined nature of any kind.

9 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

We aren't going to lose out. We will beat the Texans, the Ravens will be a coin toss, but there is just no way we lose to the Texans.

We haven't proven we could beat the Texans any years recently.  Somehow TJ Yates will enter the game and lead them to victory. 

8 minutes ago, saphead said:

Did we take any of those shit bags out on Sunday or are they healthy for the Ravens game? 

Healthy and well rested considering the way we played the second half.  They even took a knee at the end rather than exert the effort to rub our noses in it even more for with an easy score.  Kind of surprised me, really.

22 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

To me, anyway, that comment isn't "quitting", just an honest admission of not getting it done this year. 

You change the subject by asking me the question in paragraph 2, but I will answer it: I don't know. In 2005, the same HC--without his wunderkind of Zimmer and Gruden--were odds-on favs to get there. In 2009, the same HC won a division with much less. 5 straight playoff years (and winning seasons)--including essentially the same players and coaches being spoken of in SB talk as late as last January. 

I am not carrying water for ML. He may be as everyone thinks: at his limit of achievement. To answer the question, again: I don't know. And, for that matter, neither do you.

But, you never have answered the question posed to you: do you want them to tank the rest of the year and, if so, will you then complain that they have "quit"?

Q: Do I want them to tank the rest of the year?

A: To me the outcome of the games do not matter because they aren't making the playoffs, so the games are basically meaningless. If they win it only benefits Marvin Lewis win/loss percentage, which I could care less about. As a fan I want them to win every game, but that is unrealistic. I also understand that winning games when you can't make the playoffs only decreases your chances of getting the best players in the draft because it gives you a higher position in the draft. I would rather the Bengals draft in the top 10 than 15-20 range because depending on the position you are targeting in the first round it could mean the difference between getting an impact player or not.

Q: Will I complain that they have "quit"?

A: No, I will not complain if they "quit" and lose out I would prefer it as I have been saying since the playoff lost last year they need a coaching change. Do I want them to compete and win every game, absolutely but that doesn't mean they are capable of doing that. Once they have been eliminated from the playoffs it doesn't matter if they win, it actually hurts them in the long term by negatively affecting their draft status, as I previously stated.

I see you listed Marvin's achievements and say they have been the odds-on favs to get to the Super Bowl once during his 14 year tenure, but I don't ever remember that being the case. Maybe amongst the go-bengals.com crowd, but not among  the objective NFL fans that aren't emotionally invested in the success of the NFL. The facts are Marvin has been the HC for 14 seasons and they have regressed this season; they are beating themselves when it matters the most and Marvin doesn't seem capable of changing that culture. From my limited scope of the situation it seems he lacks to the tools and skill set needed to get this franchise to it's ultimate goal, being Super Bowl champs and despite 14 years on the job and plenty of opportunities he hasn't come close.  

18 hours ago, T-Dub said:

So 4 consecutive penalties to keep Shitsburgh's go-ahead drive alive, Burfict having more penalties in one game than he's had all season, the team having more penalty yards in the 2nd half than offense..  That all seems legit to you?  Totally nonbiased officiating?  Simple yes or no question there. 

I don't think anyone is saying the losses are all on the refs but it sure as hell doesn't help matters any.  Like it's kind of hard to tell who is the better boxer if one guy gets to punch the other in the dick, and insulting to call the guy a crybaby whiner when he points out the other guy punched him in the dick.

You can't really be blaming the refs for the 2nd half collapse, it's a common re-occurring theme this team and regardless of what team is officiating the game they fail to make adjustments and get outplayed in the 2nd half most games this year.  

Did refs tell the Bengals to only give Burkhead the ball twice in the second half, Andy to throw the ball to Timmons, and the defense to not get the ball back in the final 6 minutes of the game? Dre was guilty of those two penalties and Sims was off-sides despite being a veteran and lining up literally right over the ball on every play of his career. After 3 straight penalties they flagged Sims for playing through the whistle instead stopping once the play was whistled dead. A very subjective call, but when you consider the context you can understand why they did made that call. 

The Bengals beat themselves, again. They clearly showed they were capable of beating the Stealers by amassing a 20-6 lead in the first half, however they failed to adjust, got sloppy, and made unexcusable mistakes like a veteran DT lining up offsides or a veteran QB throwing a horrible INT and missing wide open guys in critical situations. This has been the Bengals identity for as long as Marvin has been the HC in must win situations, that is why they haven't won a playoff despite getting there 7 times in the past 11 seasons.

At some point you have to come to the reality that a HC with a 0-7 playoff record (worst in NFL history) isn't the guy to get you to the Super Bowl and the sooner you go in a different direction the better, if your goal is to win a Super Bowl. But judging from how ownership operates I would really question that, they seem just find with wallowing in mediocrity and some fans and media types will enable that behavior.  

23 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

You can't really be blaming the refs for the 2nd half collapse, it's a common re-occurring theme this team and regardless of what team is officiating the game they fail to make adjustments and get outplayed in the 2nd half most games this year.  

Did refs tell the Bengals to only give Burkhead the ball twice in the second half, Andy to throw the ball to Timmons, and the defense to not get the ball back in the final 6 minutes of the game? Dre was guilty of those two penalties and Sims was off-sides despite being a veteran and lining up literally right over the ball on every play of his career. After 3 straight penalties they flagged Sims for playing through the whistle instead stopping once the play was whistled dead. A very subjective call, but when you consider the context you can understand why they did made that call. 

The Bengals beat themselves, again. They clearly showed they were capable of beating the Stealers by amassing a 20-6 lead in the first half, however they failed to adjust, got sloppy, and made unexcusable mistakes like a veteran DT lining up offsides or a veteran QB throwing a horrible INT and missing wide open guys in critical situations. This has been the Bengals identity for as long as Marvin has been the HC in must win situations, that is why they haven't won a playoff despite getting there 7 times in the past 11 seasons.

At some point you have to come to the reality that a HC with a 0-7 playoff record (worst in NFL history) isn't the guy to get you to the Super Bowl and the sooner you go in a different direction the better, if your goal is to win a Super Bowl. But judging from how ownership operates I would really question that, they seem just find with wallowing in mediocrity and some fans and media types will enable that behavior.  

So that's a yes? Totally nonbiased officiating, game was called the same way for us as for Shitsburgh?

51 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Post of the year

29 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

So that's a yes? Totally nonbiased officiating, game was called the same way for us as for Shitsburgh?

The Bengals definitely got the short end of the stick in the first Pittsburgh game this year. The calls on Sunday were legit. Why is it sacrilege to admit that? I'd like to think the refs are jobbing this team every week and the Bengals are actually a good team. That isn't the case though. They are old, they are out of shape, they are undisciplined, and they are poorly coached. 

56 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Just keep blaming officials while the other team keeps walking away with victories. 

So we'll avoid the issue of the NFL tilting the field for favored franchises because.. what? We dont deserve to win anyway?

Terminal Bengals fans.. You know the refs can be crooked and the team not very good this year at the same time. One doesn't excuse the other & more importantly, we can only fix one of these problems. 

35 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

So we'll avoid the issue of the NFL tilting the field for favored franchises because.. what? We dont deserve to win anyway?

Terminal Bengals fans.. You know the refs can be crooked and the team not very good this year at the same time. One doesn't excuse the other & more importantly, we can only fix one of these problems. 

Except that isn't what happened. The calls on Sims were legit. You could hear the whistle. He threw him down afterwards. How can that be denied? He also jumped offside. I don't care what Marvin says, the center did not "hitch" the ball. If he did, the other guys on the line would have jumped as well. Did Kirkpatrick not illegally use his hands on the other two plays? The video shows that he did. So how is the field being tilted?

Archived