3 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Who ????

Dalvin Cook

Edit to add: saying 5 arrests might be a slight exaggeration. But like Adam Jones, he's had a bunch of brushes with the law. Not sure which would be considered arrests vs. citations or whatever. However you want to define the issues, it's for sure that he's not "squeaky clean off the field."

1 hour ago, happyrid said:

Dalvin Cook

Edit to add: saying 5 arrests might be a slight exaggeration. But like Adam Jones, he's had a bunch of brushes with the law. Not sure which would be considered arrests vs. citations or whatever. However you want to define the issues, it's for sure that he's not "squeaky clean off the field."

Gotcha.....I had heard amd read that he is a high character person

10 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Gotcha.....I had heard amd read that he is a high character person

I'm kind of amazed at how his documented character issues are flying so far under the radar. Haven't seen any draft analysts or anybody mention them at all while that's all they can talk about with somebody like Joe Mixon. 

Cook had some high school arrests for robbery and assault. He was charged when he took a gun to prom and shot it. Got off with a slap on the wrist because he was a football star. He was arrested for animal cruelty a couple years ago for abusing puppies (seemed like a dog fighting thing) when he had little pit bull puppies chained up outside with huge chains. He was arrested for punching a girl in the face outside a bar last year, but was able to get the case dismissed because there wasn't any video and he had an expensive lawyer. He has had a couple of other serious incidents that he was implicated in but not arrested for.

The witness statement from the alleged assault of a female:

'I told [a man who wasn't Cook] I had a boyfriend and wasn't interested,' said the woman, who spoke to ESPN.com on the condition she not be identified. The woman said the argument became heated, and then Cook punched her in the face several times. Her friend ran to a nearby Tallahassee police car, which wasn't occupied, so the woman called 911.

'They kept telling me they were football players,' the woman said. 'They kept telling me to Google them. They told me they were football players and they could buy me in two years.'

On 1/5/2017 at 5:46 PM, Randle P McMurphy said:

Haha!  I hate when that happens.  

I hear ya on that.  I work in Lexington so all I hear about is UK this UK that.  Mostly during college basketball

season though.  The guy has a lot of starts under his belt for sure.  I just think Elflein is probably the best Center

coming out although the kid from LSU gets a lot of attention as well.  The guy from LSU whose name I can't 

recall right now is 6' 7".  That's awful tall for a Center.  He may have some trouble with pad level in the NFL.  

Yeah, I said in another post that while the high-end OT class is not that strong, there seems to be several decent value C's in rounds 3-5.  Wondered about the 6-7 kid myself.

3 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Yeah, I said in another post that while the high-end OT class is not that strong, there seems to be several decent value C's in rounds 3-5.  Wondered about the 6-7 kid myself.

At least if we had a 6'7" Center it would cut down on Dalton's passes being batted down at the LOS................

because they'd probably be bouncing off the back of the Center's helmet instead!!  

:ninja:

1. DE Solomon Thomas, Stanford - Powerful pass rusher who can slide in at DT as well.

2a. (for McCarron) OLB T.J. Watt, Wisconsin - Great pass rusher and run defender.

2b. C/G/T Ethan Pocic, LSU - Big, athletic lineman who has played every position.

3. RB Joe Mixon, Oklahoma - Great talent who drops because he punched a woman in 2014.

4a. (for McCarron) CB Damontae Kazee, San Diego State - solid man coverage corner

4b. WR Stacey Coley, Miami FL - speedy receiver

4c. (comp) OG Damien Mama, Southern Cal - big powerful run blocker

4d. (comp) DT Tanzel Smart, Tulana - Nose tackle type with a high motor

5. K Zane Gonzalez, Arizona State - very accurate with a big leg

I get bored after 5 rounds

I love Solomon Thomas, he's probably my favorite player in this draft and definitely who I'd love for them to take at 9.....that being said, this kid is pretty much flawless on and off the field and I have a feeling that as the pre-draft process plays itself out, his stock is just gonna continue to skyrocket making the odds of him still being there at #9 pretty small....he's a top 5 pick when it's all said and done, IMO. 

16 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I love Solomon Thomas, he's probably my favorite player in this draft and definitely who I'd love for them to take at 9.....that being said, this kid is pretty much flawless on and off the field and I have a feeling that as the pre-draft process plays itself out, his stock is just gonna continue to skyrocket making the odds of him still being there at #9 pretty small....he's a top 5 pick when it's all said and done, IMO. 

I'm holding onto a sliver of hope. Allen and Garrett will be 2 of the top 8 picks. Probably 2 quarterbacks as well. Maybe one or 2 of the corners or safeties? Top lineman Robinson? Foster? It's possible!!!

5 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

I'm holding onto a sliver of hope. Allen and Garrett will be 2 of the top 8 picks. Probably 2 quarterbacks as well. Maybe one or 2 of the corners or safeties? Top lineman Robinson? Foster? It's possible!!!

we can only hope but I really can't imagine that Foster, Robinson, any of the corners, or any of the safeties are getting drafted in front of this kid....I truly believe that Thomas, Garrett and Allen are 3 of the top 5 picks.......hopefully I'm wrong though and we get lucky!

3 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

I'm hoping either Solomon Thomas, Derek Barnett, or Taco Charlton are available at #9..I would be be happy with any one of them.

Tim Williams from Bama as well, even though he's more of an 3-4 OLB than a 4-3DE

3 hours ago, whodey365 said:

Foster and Williams both looked great last night.

yeah Foster just reaffirmed last night what I've thought all along....kid is an absolute heat-seeking monster!

if we can't get Solomon Thomas, Foster is definitely is the guy I want at 9.....those guys are 1 and 1a in my book.

3 hours ago, whodey365 said:

Foster and Williams both looked great last night.

Foster's speed and athleticism is something this team really hasn't had at the LB position under Marvin's tenure.  He laid out some vicious hits last night too.  Put Foster next to Vontaze and Le'Veon would be really REALLY worried about being injured in the game then.

Side note (and I didn't think of it until Dan Patrick mentioned it): does it just seem like they hit harder in college or do they allow them to hit harder in college...?  Seemed both defenses were trying to knock the opponent out, felt like I was watching football again.

Archived