2018 NFL Combine thread

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

lol did you watch him play or is this solely on his broad jump number?

He was considered one of the top tackles coming in.  His athleticism was outstanding, which makes me want to watch more.  I haven't bought the ticket yet.

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

He was considered one of the top tackles coming in.  His athleticism was outstanding, which makes me want to watch more.  I haven't bought the ticket yet.

I just hope Pollack and Lazor talk them into taking football players over athletes. 

Yeah John Ross can run fast and Oogie Boogie could out-athleticism the best of em, but where has that gotten us lately?

I don't know, I'm just so lost when people gush over combine bullshit. 

I've gotta say, if I were running the draft for the Browns I'd be picking Barkley at 1 and then Quinton Nelson at 4......those are EASILY the two best players in this draft and it's really not even close.

it'll be a helluva lot easier to find a QB with those two out front leading the way for ya.... find that guy in R2 (maybe it's Lamar Jackson)

13 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I've gotta say, if I were running the draft for the Browns I'd be picking Barkley at 1 and then Quinton Nelson at 4......those are EASILY the two best players in this draft and it's really not even close.

it'll be a helluva lot easier to find a QB with those two out front leading the way for ya.... find that guy in R2 (maybe it's Lamar Jackson)

McCarron

I still like the speculation of Jackson going to Pittsburgh as a qb/receiver/trick play guy ala Slash.

I pray we don't draft baby Zeus, he looked fat and lazy out there today. There are many other better prospects than Brown, he showed for the biggest job interview of his completely out of shape and not ready to compete...hard fucking pass on this kid. 

I don't think there's an OT worthy of the 12th pick, the Connor Williams kid looks like the safest bet. Hopefully, Nelson falls to 12 or they can trade back and get a guy like Price or Hernandez later in the first round. 

4 hours ago, snarkster said:

I kinda like McGlinchey.  May not be a proto-type LT, but seems to be best plug-in option.  Play him there for a couple of years and you can probably flip him to RT if you find someone better on the left side.

And he's good in the run game.  If they want to feature Mixon, I go for the best run blockers I can get.

13 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

I just hope Pollack and Lazor talk them into taking football players over athletes. 

Yeah John Ross can run fast and Oogie Boogie could out-athleticism the best of em, but where has that gotten us lately?

I don't know, I'm just so lost when people gush over combine bullshit. 

Like I say, I'm going to watch some games of him.  Honestly, right now I have watched little of most guys who aren't Buckeyes.  I will be watching guys the next several weeks and will start with the more athletic guys at a position like LT.  Miller was one of the most athletic guys yesterday so I will start with him.  I haven't made a final decision on anyone yet.

Archived