Coaching Staff 2019 Changes as they come

3 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

maybe the older coaching crowd wants no part of working for MFB, knowing the only reason ole marv is gone is that the stadium was going to be empty if he kept him onboard. 

maybe not...just a suggestion

If that's the case,  why interview in the first place?  Both Capers and Del Rio were reported as highly likely until they interviewed.  I understand reports can be wrong,  but the fact both seemed to cool after taking with Taylor makes me wonder. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

I'm not sure what impact the new OC is going to have one way or the other considering it's Taylor's offense with Zac calling his own plays..

It was a general--not Bengal specific--statement regarding both sides of the ball. I stand by it.  

But, since you brought it up: just what are Boy Wonder's "plays"? Honed in his long stint as a play-caller? Was he the guy McVay was telling to go get his coffee? 

7 minutes ago, Girevik said:

If that's the case,  why interview in the first place?  Both Capers and Del Rio were reported as highly likely until they interviewed.  I understand reports can be wrong,  but the fact both seemed to cool after taking with Taylor makes me wonder. 

who knows...and yeah, that's a little worrisome. 

44 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

It was a general--not Bengal specific--statement regarding both sides of the ball. I stand by it.  

But, since you brought it up: just what are Boy Wonder's "plays"? Honed in his long stint as a play-caller? Was he the guy McVay was telling to go get his coffee? 

He already said it's going to be the same system they were running in LA..

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

maybe the older coaching crowd wants no part of working for MFB, knowing the only reason ole marv is gone is that the stadium was going to be empty if he kept him onboard. 

maybe not...just a suggestion

My guess is the old guys don't like the idea of taking orders from a young buck

I'm frustrated. (Anyone else have kids and watch Danny Tiger? it's awesome that it helps kids communicate and be emotionally aware but my 2 year old just walks around telling me she's frustrated.)

So I thought it would look like this and was excited

Head Coach: Young energetic, raw but he will surround himself with veteran coaches to do the heavy lifting as he learns the ropes. 

OC: Tied into the Rams offense. There were THREE guys not calling plays on that Rams offense you could have brought over and had call plays. 

OL Coach: Whew, we already have Frank Pollack so there is no way we are getting worse here. We may even get better because Taylor has deep ties to both Joe Philbin and Bill Callahan

DC: Veteran who has been a head coach before. Give him the defense and let his coaching experience help you. 

This is what we are getting. 

OC: Super young, never called plays, ex Head Coach in college son. (I am ok with this if you add other guys who have called plays on the staff)

OL Coach: We aren't getting any of the 3-4 guys who are at the top of the field. Nope you get a guy who huge character issues who isn't very good at his job

DC: We are going young again. 

When the Browns hired Kitchens I told my Browns fans friends that it was a bad hire because he hadn't coached before and now he has to both figure out how to coach and call plays. It's to much. Browns added Todd Monken and Steve Wilkes. 

This is frustrating. 

It kills me how some fans talk themselves on to a ledge in a 3 day span.

We (all of us) have no idea how things are going to go until they start going.

All I know is Marvin gave me no hope for the past few years. Now I have some. 

I'm excited and ready for the season to begin already. 

3 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

It kills me how some fans talk themselves on to a ledge in a 3 day span.

We (all of us) have no idea how things are going to go until they start going.

All I know is Marvin gave me no hope for the past few years. Now I have some. 

I'm excited and ready for the season to begin already. 

No one is talking themselves on a ledge. People are allowed on a discussion board to discuss their feelings about hirings. 

4 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

No one is talking themselves on a ledge. People are allowed on a discussion board to discuss their feelings about hirings. 

Believe me, I have twitter, people are talking themselves on to ledges.

And they have been since the Rams only scored 3 points in the Super Bowl.

I never said anything about what people are allowed to do.

I was just expressing my feelings.

Hiring a new Coach is like buying a lottery ticket. 

You never know what you have until the time comes.

Hell, I remember the majority was thrilled we hired Austin to be our DC.

I remember some people were skeptical of Gruden and Zimmer when we hired them.

3 hours ago, Kochman said:

Pleasant sounds intriguing. I like his energy "from what I've read". Sounds like Rams want him to take over at DC when Phillips leaves and will probably block him from interviewing. Hopefully not though🤞

I didn't think they could block an interview for a job that would be a promotion. 

3 hours ago, Girevik said:

Maybe he told them he was going to be the Head Coach and wasn’t trying to hire a babysitter.

5 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Maybe he told them he was going to be the Head Coach and wasn’t trying to hire a babysitter.

Bengals had Hue, Jim Haslett and Marvin last year. 

Having former HCs around ain't always a good thing.

Although I was liking the thought of Del Rio being our DC

Archived