Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 12/5/2020 at 7:27 PM, T-Dub said:

PatternMaster (re: LSU having a better OL than the Bengals & that being a problem for JB)

"Burrow was sacked a ton and had to scramble often."

 

"There's plenty of things a team can do to cut down on the sacks allowed, having a mobile QB that has a great pocket presence is a start. "  (Burrow would go on to become the most sacked rookie QB in NFL history)

 

bfine: 

 

"JB is a case of a QB making an Oline look better than it really was. Some around here think that is not possible."

 

"Joe Burrow loves for defenses to bring pressure against 5 man protection. He loves this because he prides himself on the presnap read and knowing where the pressure the opponent is bringing will create a lapse in coverage. He then manipulates the pocket to negate the pressure and take advantage of the coverage."

 

 

Arguably the best interior olineman in the history of the NFL (Bruce Matthews) once said:

 

An oline makes a RB better. A QB makes an Oline better.

 

 

membengal

 

twitter links to PFF grading him the "best QB outside the pocket" and "most pressured QB in the SEC"

 

jackie treehorn

 

 I think Burrow could not only survive, but thrive with even a modestly improved O-Line instead of a totally revamped one.

 

UncleEarl

 

A QB that reads defenses faster certainly helps an OL.  A QB who is mobile and can throw on the run certainly helps an OL.  A QB that locks in on a receiver, holds the ball too long, and is inaccurrate on the run makes an OL look bad.  Not really that hard to understand.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

Plenty of other examples in the still-active "Fixing the OL" thread. Pretty sure there was a "Blow for Joe" type thread around this time last year too, whenj we were trying to convince ourselves that losing is a strategy..  But this is tiresome, so let's just say it never happened because I've lost interest.

 

Congrats, you win a Joe Burrow is on IR.

 

 

 

I don't think those threads tell us much. I for one think O line is a far bigger need than WR but I still think Tee Higgins was the right pick. We are so talent starved I think BPA is pretty much the way to go

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame on the Brown family,  you invest in such a young promising talent that honestly doesn’t look like a rookie quarterback on the field but you fail to build an offensive line to protect him!  Brown

Should come as a surprise to no one.  There's no curse or bad luck. It's gross negligence from ownership, period.

Donations have flooded in today to Burrow’s Food Bank he’s partnered with in SE Ohio. If you are so inclined: https://appalachianohio.org/grow/fun...les/joeburrow/ Or, a charity of your c

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

I don't think those threads tell us much. I for one think O line is a far bigger need than WR but I still think Tee Higgins was the right pick. We are so talent starved I think BPA is pretty much the way to go

Higgins is the real deal. 

 

The bigger fail was the the OL coach - both the fact that is is clearly useless but then listening to him state our current roster at the position was fine. Ugg. A better OL coach could have at least gotten more out of the current group, which may have saved  a knee or two. 

 

If I was a pissed off Bengal player, I would show Mikey that video of the Hart/Spain fail and say "That DL was like a Ferrari blowing past two Malibu's"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Higgins is the real deal. 

 

The bigger fail was the the OL coach - both the fact that is is clearly useless but then listening to him state our current roster at the position was fine. Ugg. A better OL coach could have at least gotten more out of the current group, which may have saved  a knee or two. 

 

If I was a pissed off Bengal player, I would show Mikey that video of the Hart/Spain fail and say "That DL was like a Ferrari blowing past two Luminas"

Fixed it for you. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

This Lumina rubbish. What about the Vega? 
 

I triple dog dare anyone here to not only know what this vehicle was...but owned or drove one. 
 

#iconoclastsRus

 

It was a compact car made by Chevrolet in the 70’s and I had a friend in high school who drove one. But if you really want to get bargain basement, what about the Chevette? (Which I owned a very base model of with a manual transmission and drove until I got pregnant). I loved that car.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

This Lumina rubbish. What about the Vega? 
 

I triple dog dare anyone here to not only know what this vehicle was...but owned or drove one. 
 

#iconoclastsRus

 

Chevy vega..

Didnt they install the gas tank all the way back close to rear bumper?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You may be thinking of the Pinto, however the Vega’s fuel tank location was beneath the rear trunk. 
 

Full disclosure: I owned two of these fabulously disastrously made machines. The first one predictably had the engine seize (a downside of its aluminum block engine) and the second destroyed by human error (weed and Jack Daniels—hey it was the ‘70’s). 
 

When right though, they had a nice little pep to them. Can still find them around online for sale—at about 20 times what they cost me new back then.  
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

and the second destroyed by human error (weed and Jack Daniels—hey it was the ‘70’s). 

 

 

1. The Cosworth Vega was one of the first tiny ass engine high rpm cars tuners loved to tinker with. Twin overhead cams, super light engine. 

 

2. Weed and Jack Daniels?   There is no substitute.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SF2 said:

1. The Cosworth Vega was one of the first tiny ass engine high rpm cars tuners loved to tinker with. Twin overhead cams, super light engine. 

 

2. Weed and Jack Daniels?   There is no substitute.  

Bullshit...

Ceuvo or Beam ..around my fire pit..with good company into the late hours..

And let the weed burn...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Bullshit...

Ceuvo or Beam ..around my fire pit..with good company into the late hours..

And let the weed burn...


Cuervo?  Beam?  Jack Daniels?

 

Y’all need to step your booze game up!   

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SF2 said:

1. The Cosworth Vega was one of the first tiny ass engine high rpm cars tuners loved to tinker with. Twin overhead cams, super light engine. 

 

2. Weed and Jack Daniels?   There is no substitute.  

The first one was a simple 1972 hatchback. Plain Jane as oatmeal, but it was wheels. Like I said, the engine didn’t last at all. 
 

Second one was a 1974 GT. Jazzed it up a bit, and it did have some pop under that tin foil engine. Only had it for 6 mos before the operator error ended its road days. 
 

So much for this VegaBengals moment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:


Cuervo?  Beam?  Jack Daniels?

 

Y’all need to step your booze game up!   

Sinatra drank Jack Daniels.  All that new tight jean wearing yuppie shit is for the birds.  I do like Johnny Walker Black as well when I have company. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Bullshit...

Ceuvo or Beam ..around my fire pit..with good company into the late hours..

And let the weed burn...

Tequila???  Are you crazy??

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Not me lol..im too mellow most times..

I have seen old friends fallout by drinking it too fast ..

Im a sipper of Ceuervo...

Wild Turkey and Teaquila have caused me to wake up in strange places. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Sinatra drank Jack Daniels.  All that new tight jean wearing yuppie shit is for the birds.  I do like Johnny Walker Black as well when I have company. 

Yeah, there is yuppie shit out there.  I’m not talking about that.  
 

Wild Turkey 101, Evan Williams Bottled in Bond, and any basic all agave tequila is worlds better than JD, Beam and Cuervo.  All under $25.  There are more.  
 

Sinatra didn’t have many choices. We do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Yeah, there is yuppie shit out there.  I’m not talking about that.  
 

Wild Turkey 101, Evan Williams Bottled in Bond, and any basic all agave tequila is worlds better than JD, Beam and Cuervo.  All under $25.  There are more.  
 

Sinatra didn’t have many choices. We do. 

Yes to that..

Some people havie their favorites and are good with that..

To each his own!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The first one was a simple 1972 hatchback. Plain Jane as oatmeal, but it was wheels. Like I said, the engine didn’t last at all. 
 

Second one was a 1974 GT. Jazzed it up a bit, and it did have some pop under that tin foil engine. Only had it for 6 mos before the operator error ended its road days. 
 

So much for this VegaBengals moment. 

I had a dark blue Vega panel truck.  No kidding.

Station wagon with nothing behind the driver and passenger seat

and a solid panel where the rear windows would have been.

Sold as a light delivery vehicle, florist shops, drug stores, etc.

I threw a mattress in the back and used it for long trips sleeping in the thing.

Slowly, to be sure, and had to use the transmission constantly to keep from stalling

out on any sort of grade.  But fun and fun on dates.

Aluminum heads warped and the engine was useless after a short period of time.

Body made with cheap Japanese steel and they became infamous for rusting while on

the showroom floor.

 

But I learned my lesson.  Traded it in on a spiffy red Pontiac Astra station wagon.

A Pontiac Vega.  Same car but different trim.  It did look nice but looked nice parked

in front of my house because it never ran.  My girlfriend at the time's father ran a garage

and he spent more time in it than I did.  Under the hood.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...