Bengals Free Agency Thread.

On 3/16/2021 at 10:34 PM, UncleEarl said:

I know, but the WFT is probably the most dysfunctional organization in the NFL right now.  They aren't good, haven't been good under current ownership, and likely won't be good any time soon. 

Funny thing is that if Burrow didn't get hurt, the Bengals would have likely beaten the Redskins, Giants, and maybe even the Cowboys given that division an even worse record.

1 minute ago, tibor75 said:

Funny thing is that if Burrow didn't get hurt, the Bengals would have likely beaten the Redskins, Giants, and maybe even the Cowboys given that division an even worse record.

Under the bridge ..

This is a new year..

Hopefully they protect him better...

14 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Relieved to hear that..

I think he's going to sign here..

Probably stayed late to have dinner and talks with JB!!

That should sew it up..😎

Same, maybe PFF got a leak from someone?  One can hope.

Anything that gets Hart out of here, the fact he wasn't booted after some of the shit he's posted online says a lot of about how this FO really thinks, and none of it good. Can't imagine working for an organization that coddles people like that.

Anyway, sign this Reiff dude so we can show the useless sack of shit the door.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Same, maybe PFF got a leak from someone?  One can hope.

Anything that gets Hart out of here, the fact he wasn't booted after some of the shit he's posted online says a lot of about how this FO really thinks, and none of it good. Can't imagine working for an organization that coddles people like that.

Anyway, sign this Reiff dude so we can show the useless sack of shit the door.

I guess that's a positive coming from you on Reiff replacing Hart???

Should be by a landslide..

57 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I guess that's a positive coming from you on Reiff replacing Hart???

Should be by a landslide..

Oh hell yeah, I mean I'd take a Rumpke bin with a jersey stapled to it (and it still wouldn't be as garbage as sHart) but it sounds like this Reiff dude can play..  From what I can tell the Vikings paid him way too much for an average-ish player,  but obviously average is a massive improvement here.

Just noticed his Wiki page lists him as a Bengal as well.  So that's 2 questionable sources counting PFF!  If Russia Today or Al Jazeera chime in it'll be official*

10 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Oh hell yeah, I mean I'd take a Rumpke bin with a jersey stapled to it (and it still wouldn't be as garbage as sHart) but it sounds like this Reiff dude can play..  From what I can tell the Vikings paid him way too much for an average-ish player,  but obviously average is a massive improvement here.

Just noticed his Wiki page lists him as a Bengal as well.  So that's 2 questionable sources counting PFF!  If Russia Today or Al Jazeera chime in it'll be official*

Thr reaction players have after a conversation with JB is astonishing ..

His mesmerizing confidence and demeanor has an effect on players after listening or being around him.

Starting to think the offseason hinges on the next couple of days.  I think they want Reiff and they'd like Golladay (if they can win the bidding).  If so, I think they'll take Sewell or Slater at 5 and let positions work themselves out in camp.

If not, I think they take the money ear-marked for Golladay and go after one (maybe two) solid guards and then in the draft choose between Chase/Pitts if there.

Just two scenarios.  They could easily take Reiff, the two guards AND Sewell/Slater, while still adding a FA WR or TE.

37 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Starting to think the offseason hinges on the next couple of days.  I think they want Reiff and they'd like Golladay (if they can win the bidding).  If so, I think they'll take Sewell or Slater at 5 and let positions work themselves out in camp.

If not, I think they take the money ear-marked for Golladay and go after one (maybe two) solid guards and then in the draft choose between Chase/Pitts if there.

Just two scenarios.  They could easily take Reiff, the two guards AND Sewell/Slater, while still adding a FA WR or TE.

Nailed it!

My Impression of their FA is they bolstered their defense and now are attacking the holes in offense.

Signing. Reiff is 20% upgrade online  no?

Huge upgrade in pass protection for JB..

If theyre blessed to draft Sewell placing Jonah at LG with a upgraded signing at RG (unless your allright with Big Q).which I am) would be enough improvement JB nerds to do his magic.

48 minutes ago, snarkster said:

That makes sense.  Unfortunately, that's not how the Bengals have done things in the past.  If they sign Reiff my bet is they draft Pitts.  Paying three starters at OT is not their speed.  I also think any apprehension Reiff may have would have to do with the Bengals going OT with their first round pick and Reiff finding himself on the bench. 

If the Bengals sign Reiff they are gambling that both Williams and Reiff stay healthy.  Big gamble. 

29 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

That makes sense.  Unfortunately, that's not how the Bengals have done things in the past.  If they sign Reiff my bet is they draft Pitts.  Paying three starters at OT is not their speed.  I also think any apprehension Reiff may have would have to do with the Bengals going OT with their first round pick and Reiff finding himself on the bench. 

If the Bengals sign Reiff they are gambling that both Williams and Reiff stay healthy.  Big gamble. 

I addemently disagree with you on building this Oline..

By drafting Sewell at LT moving Williams to LG keeping Hopkins at center leaving Big. Q at RG and having Reilly as your RT povides a pass protection they. never had last year..

Its a solid oline..

JB can provide the rest to make the offense  explosive..

Add a 3rd receiver ( Golliday would be a great signing)  and its. Showtime for the offensive..

9 hours ago, membengal said:

Supposedly Reiff at The Precinct Steakhouse w/ ZT and Burrow.

Wow really? Wining and dining, hey whatever it takes. At least MB didnt take him to Wendy's for a 5 dolla biggie bag. Actually nevermind he probably would have limited it to the 4 for 4.44

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I addemently disagree with you on building this Oline..

By drafting Sewell at LT moving Williams to LG keeping Hopkins at center leaving Big. Q at RG and having Reilly as your RT povides a pass protection they. never had last year..

Its a solid oline..

JB can provide the rest to make the offense  explosive..

Add a 3rd receiver ( Golliday would be a great signing)  and its. Showtime for the offensive..

I'm not saying you're wrong.  I'm saying the Bengals aren't going to do that.

Archived