Jump to content

COLLINS TORN ACL AND MCL - Season over for him.


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

 

I listened to the interview, he didn't say anything about it being IF it were LT, he said that there was a difference between LT and RT, and that IF he was to do it....

 

There was some small wiggle room in his statement. 

 

Here is how I feel about it.

 

If he signs I don't expect him to start right away, he will need to sign asap and get a couple weeks of practice. Fact is he hasn't played in 10 months, and hasn't trained in a football capacity in that long (we have no idea what his training looks like other than he does look pretty healthy, so I assume he's doing something.)

 

Right tackle is different than left tackle, it's a much less demanding position, at least in terms of you don't typically see top pass rushers from that side, that is something you usually see from the left side. 

 

Could he do it? I would not expect that he could at 41 years old for 17 weeks plus playoffs. Could he do it for 4 weeks with a 2 week rest between the AFCC and SB? I think Whit is a future HOF'er and if he thinks decides he wants to suit up it's because he believes he could play the position for 4 games. If he signs then who am I to disagree with him?

Yes....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Yes....

 

Question for me is, is a 41 year old Whitworth who hasn't played in 10 months and not trained at that level, and never played RT, better than Prince and Adiniji?

 

Well if we are talking about Prince and Adiniji who sucked pretty badly in the SB last year, my answer to that is 100% yes he is, now if Prince and or Adiniji have made big improvements since that game, well see....

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Prince is more of  a power RT and Rosseau is  power rushing DE who lines up exclusively over the RT. If Taylor goes with Prince, it will be to try and match power with power, I suspect. 

I think the coaching staff is expecting right side pressure on Burrow, they just want to make sure it comes from the outside rather than the inside the tackle. Sort of where Collins allowed pressure by design...and Burrow knew where to expect it to come from. Adeniji may not be strong enough to make the DE take the long way around to get at Burrow.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

 

Question for me is, is a 41 year old Whitworth who hasn't played in 10 months and not trained at that level, and never played RT, better than Prince and Adiniji?

 

Well if we are talking about Prince and Adiniji who sucked pretty badly in the SB last year, my answer to that is 100% yes he is, now if Prince and or Adiniji have made big improvements since that game, well see....

We have no way in knowing what shape he's in..

He set the record as the oldest olineman last year at 40..

 

Like you said, if he thinks he can help 

he might be useful into the playoffs if needed.

 

I think the combo of Adenijji and Prince to hold down RT isnt alarming and feel JB is ok with that..

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.  Did Whitworth say he hasn’t been training?  Some guys just don’t quit training when they retire. For some it’s a habit they like. 
 

2.  I get the RT thing for a guy like Whitworth.  He spent over a decade moving a certain way on every passing play.  He would have to move the opposite way at RT.  Not saying he is in capeable, but that’s a lot to ask.  A backup like Adeniji has been working on both sides. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

So Adenijji can play either tackle but Whit couldnt?

Maybe he hasnt played there but surely you don't think he's incapable..

 

Btw sorry for calling you Surely..😎

 

Whit never has played on the right side, to my knowledge. He doesn't have time to learn it now

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I think the combo of Adenijji and Prince to hold down RT isnt alarming and feel JB is ok with that..

Prince was practicing on the first team, so hopefully what little talent he has, has not been rusted shut. 
 

I have always wanted this guy to exceed. He was a very good tackle at THE. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Prince was practicing on the first team, so hopefully what little talent he has, has not been rusted shut. 
 

I have always wanted this guy to exceed. He was a very good tackle at THE. 

Prince can be a solid OT if he can 

bend more..

At 6'7 when he's too  upright all his leverage is gone.

 

 

Addenijji is a favorite of mine.

He's so versatile.

I think his best position is on the left side but he can plugin everywhere.

 

Coach Taylor has made his decision on RT starter but not saying who just yet..

 

Im leaning for Addenijji ..

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Prince can be a solid OT if he can 

bend more..

At 6'7 when he's too  upright all his leverage is gone.

 

 

Addenijji is a favorite of mine.

He's so versatile.

I think his best position is on the left side but he can plugin everywhere.

 

Coach Taylor has made his decision on RT starter but not saying who just yet..

 

Im leaning for Addenijji ..

 

 

 

They're going to need Adeniji to line up next to Jonah to try to stop some of the people who just run around him.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Whit never has played on the right side, to my knowledge. He doesn't have time to learn it now

Everyone keeps assuming we would sign Whit to play RT.   It could be possible to sign him as an experienced backup since we are down a man.  Adeniji or Prince will have to step up. 
 

Imagine if Williams got hurt?  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Everyone keeps assuming we would sign Whit to play RT.   It could be possible to sign him as an experienced backup since we are down a man.  Adeniji or Prince will have to step up. 
 

Imagine if Williams got hurt?  

Good Point but I believe Whit is done playing and in an extremely comfortable position now.

 

Great storyline but it's not realistic

They'll ride with what they have at tackles....

You Know it..

 

 

.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Good Point but I believe Whit is done playing and in an extremely comfortable position now.

 

Great storyline but it's not realistic

They'll ride with what they have at tackles....

You Know it..

 

 

.

I tend to agree.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2022 at 12:50 AM, SF2 said:

Everyone keeps assuming we would sign Whit to play RT.   It could be possible to sign him as an experienced backup since we are down a man.  Adeniji or Prince will have to step up. 
 

Imagine if Williams got hurt?  

I can't see Whit breaking out of his retirement to be a depth piece. It doesn't work that way.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...