Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

17 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Is MLS really THAT mediocre that one man can completely dominate like this?

As most of the Brit ex-pats who frequent our footy pub call the MLS: “yeah, maybe mid-to-upper level League One”. 

Even arguably one of the finest goalkeeper the MLS produced over the years—the Crew’s Zack Steffen—sits solidly on the bench for Manchester Cheaty, and rarely sets up in goal. 

It will likely get a little better, perhaps, once the teams get their respective academies producing some talent (that which doesn’t run off to Europe or Saudi Arabia)

3 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Please tell me these 2 legends get a chance to meet after the game ...

Burrow worship is fine, except he is not anywhere in the same galaxy as Messi in accomplishments. 

He has been a part of Barcelona’s club-record 34 trophies, including ten La Liga titles, seven Copa del Rey titles and the UEFA Champions League four times. With his country, he won the 2021 Copa América and the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

Call back when Burrow has done that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Messi is also 10 years older. But Burrow is basically the "Messi" of LSU and now the Messi of Cincinnati. Legend" is a subjective quantifier. 

* And not to be 'that guy' (since Messi is my favorite soccer player as well), but I think Burrow would last longer and do better in a MLS game, than Messi would an NFL one (he'd get crushed and injured in the first series). 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Burrow worship is fine, except he is not anywhere in the same galaxy as Messi in accomplishments. 

He has been a part of Barcelona’s club-record 34 trophies, including ten La Liga titles, seven Copa del Rey titles and the UEFA Champions League four times. With his country, he won the 2021 Copa América and the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

Walter strikes again! 

IMG_3084.png

10 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

(since Messi is my favorite soccer player as well),

He has always had my utmost in respect—as has players such as Renaldo. Being primarily an English footy fan, however, they have been constant “enemies” in European competition. 

His accomplishments have been utterly jaw dropping over the years. Hopefully, our Joseph will get to that level himself one day. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, membengal said:

I also agree that Burrow is unlikely to win 10 La Liga titles, 7 Copa Del Reys and 4 Champions Leagues. 

I don't know what La Linga is but it sounds like Deshaun Watson would ask for at a massage parlor.

"I'll have a La Linga with a Happy Ending, please."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Hey, some people like Bud Light in spite of their parent company's misguided self-destructive promotion. If they're willing to give away nearly a million bucks' worth of Sunday Ticket, folks are welcome to separate Anheuser-Busch from their money. 

: )

Quite amazing that Anheuser-Busch figuratively killed it with the "Dilly Dilly" ads and then literally killed with the recent  promotion.