Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

I like that he's wearing Hall's old number, that dude was a textbook tackler and CTB seems pretty solid so far as well.

Agree.

If he goes for the wrap around the play stops there.

If he can lay a lick then he has part of the receivers attention on passes.

• Upvote 1

So a while back I asked if any old timers happened to remember all of the verses to the Who Dey song from back when all four would be played after scores at Riverfront.  I could remember three of them, and they only play the first one at PBS/PayCor, so most of you youngsters probably didn't even know there were four.

1 - We've gotta a team right here in town....

2 - ??

3 - Block and tackle, watch em fall....

4 - Riverfront is where they play... 

Found it yesterday.  : )

Enjoy.

20230831_225601.jpg

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Agree.

If he goes for the wrap around the play stops there.

If he can lay a lick then he has part of the receivers attention on passes.

I love how he never quits on a play…. The one when he tracks down King Henry and tomahawks the ball out, and the one where Mahomes is reaching the ball out at the goal line and even though he scored, CTB makes the supreme effort to make it really close. And then the PBU vs. Buffalo where he was clearly beaten and he comes back and makes the play. Awesome. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

So a while back I asked if any old timers happened to remember all of the verses to the Who Dey song from back when all four would be played after scores at Riverfront.  I could remember three of them, and they only play the first one at PBS/PayCor, so most of you youngsters probably didn't even know there were four.

2 - ??

Enjoy.

20230831_225601.jpg

Wonderful, my friend. Brings back all of the Riverfront days. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

2 - ??

Enjoy.

20230831_225601.jpg

Vert cool...tks

14 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

2 - ??

Enjoy.

20230831_225601.jpg

Prefer the Bengals Growl.  Classic fight song.  Brings back memories of when they had the bandstand behind the end zone in riverfront. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Prefer the Bengals Growl.  Classic fight song.  Brings back memories of when they had the bandstand behind the end zone in riverfront. 

Great days, right? Little jazz band putting it out! That was half the highlights when going there. 

Didn’t need to be a full-on Techno Party for 3 straight hours. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

RE-SIGN THIS GUY NOW!

I had been hoping that the Bengals could pull it off too, but with the current contract talks holdup with the agents for both Burrow/Higgins it's starting to feel less likely. Paul Dehner floated the idea that maybe Higgins plays this year, the Bengals tag him in March and then trade him before the draft to a team that can afford another big extension contract. Higgins is still a young WR and could bring back some good draft capital. I don't think there's any way that Higgins' agent would let him play for the Bengals under a franchise tag. Higgins & agent  want a long term extension with plenty of guaranteed money. In that scenario it would be better to trade him for draft assets than have some long holdout drama unfold.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, dex said:

I had been hoping that the Bengals could pull it off too, but with the current contract talks holdup with the agents for both Burrow/Higgins it's starting to feel less likely. Paul Dehner floated the idea that maybe Higgins plays this year, the Bengals tag him in March and then trade him before the draft to a team that can afford another big extension contract. Higgins is still a young WR and could bring back some good draft capital. I don't think there's any way that Higgins' agent would let him play for the Bengals under a franchise tag. Higgins & agent  want a long term extension with plenty of guaranteed money. In that scenario it would be better to trade him for draft assets than have some long holdout drama unfold.

This is what my head tells me.  My heart wants the trio to stay intact for a few Super Bowl runs.

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

This is what my head tells me.  My heart wants the trio to stay intact for a few Super Bowl runs.

Agree, unfortunately :.(

Didn't post it but saw some long range (and useless) draft speculation that there is a

screaming killer mammy jammer wr coming out in the next draft that could be high on the

Bengal's wish list.  Makes sense.