Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

9 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Agree, unfortunately :.(

Didn't post it but saw some long range (and useless) draft speculation that there is a

screaming killer mammy jammer wr coming out in the next draft that could be high on the

Bengal's wish list.  Makes sense.

Are we going to do that thing again where we go into the draft with no clear starting OT then draft a WR instead and then everyone yells at each other about it?

😆

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Are we going to do that thing again where we go into the draft with no clear starting OT then draft a WR instead and then everyone yells at each other about it?

😆

If they lose or are about to lose Tee (God Forbid) another killer wr to match with Ja'Marr and give another

weapon to Joe actually does make sense.

Get the OT in the second round even if they have to trade up to do so.

Killer WR in Rd 1 > OT in Rd 1

BUT... moot point.

Sign Tee for Three and draft the OT Rd 1.

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

If they lose or are about to lose Tee (God Forbid) another killer wr to match with Ja'Marr and give another

BUT... moot point.

However it breaks, we can be sure they won't be consulting any of us about it 😁

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, High School Harry said:

BUT... moot point.

Tee Higgins is here for a maximum of 2 yrs, then gone. His agent (same agent as Bates) won’t accept the deal in place, and Bengals don’t budge historically so not much reason for optimism. Deal has been in place for some time now, but no commitment from Higgins’ side.  

Bye bye Tee, after 2024 where he’ll play on the tag.  

53 minutes ago, IKOTA said:

Tee Higgins is here for a maximum of 2 yrs, then gone. His agent (same agent as Bates) won’t accept the deal in place, and Bengals don’t budge historically so not much reason for optimism. Deal has been in place for some time now, but no commitment from Higgins’ side.  

Bye bye Tee, after 2024 where he’ll play on the tag.  

Not convinced he'd play under a franchise tag.  Best case there is probably tag/trade and hope to get something from whoever wants to pay him WR1 money.

Or he might sign here tomorrow, who knows...

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Not convinced he'd play under a franchise tag.  Best case there is probably tag/trade and hope to get something from whoever wants to pay him WR1 money.

Or he might sign here tomorrow, who knows...

Signing now (before the first game) would be a wise move as insurance against injury.

An injury the last year of his contract would certainly affect his value or even make him attractive for the franchise tag.

A contract in hand is better than more money in the bush.

Sounds like some suck advice from his agent if that is all about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Signing now (before the first game) would be a wise move as insurance against injury.

An injury the last year of his contract would certainly affect his value or even make him attractive for the franchise tag.

A contract in hand is better than more money in the bush.

Sounds like some suck advice from his agent if that is all about.

Yeah they dont give SB rings to agents, they just want the big number for clout & their %

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah they dont give SB rings to agents, they just want the big number for clout & their %

Tru Dat.

Unfortunately.

And I am not arguing or disagreeing with you and the others who made the same or similar remarks about the agent and franchise tag stiff.

Think it totally sucks.

Wonder if it is having some effect on the hold up on Joe's contract because he said he would

not sign until the others were taken care of?

6 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Tru Dat.

Unfortunately.

And I am not arguing or disagreeing with you and the others who made the same or similar remarks about the agent and franchise tag stiff.

Think it totally sucks.

Wonder if it is having some effect on the hold up on Joe's contract because he said he would

not sign until the others were taken care of?

I'd think so, kind of hard for the team to argue for a "keep the band together" discount if one of the members would rather go record cat yowls with Yoko.

If I'm JB I'd want to see that money's going to be well spent before I go giving it away.

On 9/3/2023 at 12:06 PM, High School Harry said:

Agree, unfortunately :.(

Didn't post it but saw some long range (and useless) draft speculation that there is a

screaming killer mammy jammer wr coming out in the next draft that could be high on the

Bengal's wish list.  Makes sense.

5hat receiver could be tge big guy at LSU.

Ranked 2nd behind Marvin Harrison Jr in the  upcoming draft.

He'll be long gone by then..

Real risky losing Tee for SB runs..

Very peripheral but my son is working at a hotel near OSU’s campus and I guess they had a youth football camp there last week and he checked in DK Metcalf’s grandmother, but she had DK Metcalf’s cousin and Jesse Bates’ cousin with her. My son made her day when he told her he has Metcalf on his fantasy team.