Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

I mean that’s the curse/blessing of a true franchise QB, is it not? 

Yes it is.

Pay an extreme amount for an elite leader in all facets of the game and give him time to show his magic

Why in the fuck can't this team provide that for a generational talent?

Katy back in her dark room late nights to fixing this once and for all.

Be damned of anything else this off-season ....

• Upvote 1

I don't think they're coaching to win right now.  I think they're coaching to be competitive and barely lose games if possible.  Stay close in games, give the fans hope (the whole - if we had Burrow we would have won effect) and try to evaluate some of the younger / depth players.  Maybe they accidentally win a game off of something unexpected like a strip-sack fumble recovery or a pick-6.

If they lose all of the rest of the games, they're looking at a draft spot of around 6th.  Perfect place for a top-end weapon, tackle or defensive player - depending on what they can get done in the off-season.  I honestly don't expect them to win more than 1 more game - oddly enough it will probably be the last game of the season against the Browns.  If winning the game won't hurt their draft positioning, then they'll go for it just to have something to build off of going into the off-season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BBR said:

I don't think they're coaching to win right now.  I think they're coaching to be competitive and barely lose games if possible.  Stay close in games, give the fans hope (the whole - if we had Burrow we would have won effect) and try to evaluate some of the younger / depth players.  Maybe they accidentally win a game off of something unexpected like a strip-sack fumble recovery or a pick-6.

If they lose all of the rest of the games, they're looking at a draft spot of around 6th.  Perfect place for a top-end weapon, tackle or defensive player - depending on what they can get done in the off-season.  I honestly don't expect them to win more than 1 more game - oddly enough it will probably be the last game of the season against the Browns.  If winning the game won't hurt their draft positioning, then they'll go for it just to have something to build off of going into the off-season.

I don't think that is happening at all.  I think we are seeing the normal game plan being run by the backup QB.  In other words we are seeing what is usually put on display with out the player that can make it look better than it is.  We still have youth that haven't played also.  No, ZT is trying to win but the guy that covers up the shoddy play call isn't there any more.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Bayou Bengals ... 

This is exactly why the NFL Script had us losing Joe for the season so we can draft top 10 and get him some protection. Then next year the script has our two Bayou Bengals returning home to win the Bengals first Superbowl in New Orleans. 

:ninja:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

I don't think that is happening at all.  I think we are seeing the normal game plan being run by the backup QB.  In other words we are seeing what is usually put on display with out the player that can make it look better than it is.  We still have youth that haven't played also.  No, ZT is trying to win but the guy that covers up the shoddy play call isn't there any more.

Jake Browning said that he didn’t want them (coaching staff) to change the game plan and/or plays (I saw the video of him saying this).  Apparently, our coaching staff listened to him and thought that would be fine.  

It wasn’t.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Cricket said:

Jake Browning said that he didn’t want them (coaching staff) to change the game plan and/or plays (I saw the video of him saying this).  Apparently, our coaching staff listened to him and thought that would be fine.  

It wasn’t.

Well that and the Steelers were preparing for a larger running game plan, I saw a video of TJ Watt saying so.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Is this another Joe Burrow thread?

Burrow is the Bengals. You saw what this shit looks like without him yesterday.

He's the best thing to pay attention to while ignoring the weekly 60-minute embarrassments we are all about to be subjected to. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

He's the best thing to pay attention to while ignoring the weekly 60-minute embarrassments we are all about to be subjected to. 

Great. Then he’ll be stuck with those 52 other embarrassments next season too. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I take that as a "yes".

Actually I agree with you and yes, I saw the game yesterday.

I was there.

But now its where to next since Joe isn't on the field.

No disrespect to him (or you) but what next?

The Bengals were a house of cards that all fell down when Ace Burrow was removed.

Thinking the draft and cleaning some of the dead wood off the roster.

And moving on.

I'm really liking the idea of a much easier schedule next year with an

even s stronger team.

7 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

he’ll be stuck with those 52 other embarrassments next season too. 

Ja'Marr, Hendrickson, Drew Sample, Logan Wilson, and McPherson earned their pay checks yesterday ... The others ought to donate their's to charity.

It hurt not having CTB out there, who I'm convinced is the heart and soul of the defense at this point. And Tee has decided to mail it in with a new contract coming (can't blame him tbh). 

• Like 1

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/former-bengals-first-round-pick-john-ross-hoping-to-make-nfl-return

CINCINNATI — Former Bengals first round pick John Ross is hoping to make an NFL return. 

After retiring in July, Ross was waived from the Chiefs reserve/retired list. He's hoping to join a practice squad according to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network. 

The Bengals took Ross with the ninth overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. He famously ran a 4.22 40-yard dash, which is the fastest time in NFL Combine history.

Ross has 62 career catches for 957 yards and 11 touchdowns in 37 games. He hasn't played in an NFL game since 2021. 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mr Run-Real-Fast-Drop-The-Ball.

The dangers of taking a wide receiver in the first round esp

basing the pick on that dreaded four letter word "Potential",

something that has yet to work out for the Bengals.

• Upvote 1