Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

13 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

What are your chances of getting a post-game reservation at the Precinct though? 

Since the game is a Saturday game The Precinct has been booked for months even before

the game day and time was announced.

Going to Whisky's in Lawrenceberg.

We go there every Saturday only going later this time.

• Upvote 1

On 11/29/2023 at 2:51 PM, Jungletiger said:

Running used to be our identity, or at least a part of it.....

Watching DBs get pummeled all day by Rudi then have to turn around and try to cover Chad. Ain't happening.

Get another back that'll dish it out & blocks like that behind a decent OL and this offense would be absolutely lethal.  Though, I admit, it's mostly about the OL.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Watching DBs get pummeled all day by Rudi then have to turn around and try to cover Chad. Ain't happening.

Get another back that'll dish it out & blocks like that behind a decent OL and this offense would be absolutely lethal.  Though, I admit, it's mostly about the OL.

Yeah I would love a guard that could pull and block like Stienbech, that was Rudi's bread and butter play

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

There ain't many guys getting yards behind what you saw in that clip.

And I'd be happy to come out of the draft with 4-5 OL.. but if that play was blocked perfectly Mixon would probably get 7-8 yards.  He's probably not going to bounce one outside, turn the corner on anyone, break anybody's ankles, run through a tackle or hit the jets and outrun somebody to the end zone. Dude used to have a nasty stiff arm, where's that gone?

And most damning of all, he doesn't block for the best QB in the NFL. That alone should have him standing on the sideline. 

But he smiles a lot so I guess none of that other stuff matters here at Mikey's Jubilee Family Fun Center.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Why would you think we have a decent chance?

Is "decent" like 30% ?..

I don't see it at all.

Channeling my inner Lloyd, I guess.

Embarrassed last week, motivated by pride and fine tuning... and fear of losing their jobs (any interior D lineman who does not have initials rather than

a first name)... fear of losing their job (O line and D line coaches) and we really are NOT that bad.

Also thinking trap game for the Jags.

We are easy to overlook.

I'm hitting Hard Rock this AM and putting $20 on the Bengals... with the points. :)

• Upvote 1