Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

2 minutes ago, dex said:

That mistake pretty much sums up the Carolina Panthers overall dysfunction. No part of their organization seems to ever have a clue what's going on.

Lol, isn't it also Alma Mater, not Matter

39 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Front office contracts usually expire in May, after the draft. So if a team hires Brown as GM now, we'd be due a 2025 3rd round comp pick. 

In agreement.minority front office or coaches are worth 3rd Rd comps.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, dex said:

That mistake pretty much sums up the Carolina Panthers overall dysfunction. No part of their organization seems to ever have a clue what's going on.

Sad state of affairs there.

Worst team and no 1st rd pick.

Long time to dig outta that hole.

Brown has much work to do.

Good luck to him.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, dex said:

Tepper continues to give a clinic on how to do everything wrong.  Get your GM first, bozo, then work with him to find a HC.  I know it's hard to get these jobs, but if Callahan is smart he'll pass on this one. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Sad state of affairs there.

Worst team and no 1st rd pick.

Long time to dig outta that hole.

Brown has much work to do.

Good luck to him.

Brown being interviewed by Raiders.  Callahan by Panthers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

I have my ticket stub framed along with the game before that (I think that was where the Bill faked injury

to slow down the hurry up) as well as the Super Bowl.

That was Joe Nash with Seattle in 1988 faking the injuries to slow down the hurry up offense. The Bills the following week whined about the hurry up so the Bengals were informed right before the game that they couldn't use it. 

We did beat Buffalo in the first playoff game in 1981 before playing San Diego. San Diego the week before played in the extremely hot (90 degrees) overtime game in Miami and them came to Cincinnati to play in below -0- conditions. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

That was Joe Nash with Seattle in 1988 faking the injuries to slow down the hurry up offense. The Bills the following week whined about the hurry up so the Bengals were informed right before the game that they couldn't use it. 

We did beat Buffalo in the first playoff game in 1981 before playing San Diego. San Diego the week before played in the extremely hot (90 degrees) overtime game in Miami and them came to Cincinnati to play in below -0- conditions. 

Oh yes...how I remember the "Kellen Winslow Exhausted but Victorious" photo. 

image.png.d880077843319a31252b85bd93985b9c.png

image.png.b196693178511071557b1db0fa9dbdd2.png

• Like 1