Keeping our enemies close: 2023

23 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Is that the same San Francisco 49ers who rented Chase Young to shore up

their D line for a push to the Super Bowl (after losing to the Bengals)

while the Bengals put out propaganda and smoke about Mild Murphy 

developing and his potential?

Why?  Because we're Bengals, son.

You neeed to go to Meigs county and chill for awhile..😎

Be cool..stay cool..

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Meigs County Gold! Back in my (much) younger days, there were several trips made to procure. It was along the same lines as traveling to Kansas or Texas to get Coors...most of the thrill was the venture. The product...somewhat mirage.  

Well you guys (Ohioans) got recreational now, so prepare for barcode weed that's all 15% THC or stronger but has your full government name stickered to it, not to mention all these extracts that have your nephew drooling on the couch all day..  A buying experience intended to make you feel like a junkie at a methadone clinic with all the ambiance of a head shop if it was designed by a very paranoid CVS or Walgreen's.  Like, it's certainly cool, but it ain't that cool.  Nothing like "getting a mason jar of homegrown from some old hillbilly" cool.

At least, if it follows the blueprint of other states so far..  Yeah it's legal, but they aren't happy about it and you will definitely be reminded of that in the process.

tl;dr = don't buy it, grow it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Meigs County Gold! Back in my (much) younger days, there were several trips made to procure. It was along the same lines as traveling to Kansas or Texas to get Coors...most of the thrill was the venture. The product...somewhat mirage.  

Indeed..

It was much stronger than typical Mexican weed at the he time.

Plus a shorter trip .😎

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Well you guys (Ohioans) got recreational now, so prepare for barcode weed that's all 15% THC or stronger but has your full government name stickered to it, not to mention all these extracts that have your nephew drooling on the couch all day..  A buying experience intended to make you feel like a junkie at a methadone clinic with all the ambiance of a head shop if it was designed by a very paranoid CVS or Walgreen's.  Like, it's certainly cool, but it ain't that cool.  Nothing like "getting a mason jar of homegrown from some old hillbilly" cool.

At least, if it follows the blueprint of other states so far..  Yeah it's legal, but they aren't happy about it and you will definitely be reminded of that in the process.

Agree..

A large church was recently busted for growing either 600 or 6k plants in the huge  basement there.

What a tithing that would have been..😎

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Agree..

A large church was recently busted for growing either 600 or 6k plants in the huge  basement there.

What a tithing that would have been..😎

In my state I think you're allowed 6 plants, which is still kinda goofy if you understand the cloning process or even the basic life cycle of plants...  but unless you're doing some commercial scale shit like that church no one seems to be too pressed about it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

My brother and his buddy drove to Wyoming for vacation and picked up some Coors to bring back. They got into an accident with a local guy in rural Illinois (It was the other guy’s fault) but he was friends with the sheriff and my brother was petrified that the sheriff was going to ask him to open his trunk. Thankfully, he didn’t.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

My brother and his buddy drove to Wyoming for vacation and picked up some Coors to bring back. They got into an accident with a local guy in rural Illinois (It was the other guy’s fault) but he was friends with the sheriff and my brother was petrified that the sheriff was going to ask him to open his trunk. Thankfully, he didn’t.

A friend of mine and I did a Coors run from Columbus in ‘76 (even before Burt Reynolds and Jerry Reed) in his ‘72 Mercury Capri. Decided to go where it was made (Golden, CO) just for kicks. Managed to cram 25 cases into that blasted Capri. Drove all the way, loaded at a carry out across the street from the brewery, and drove all the way back—36 hours with only stops to gas up/pee/etc. Take that Bandit! 

This is what that Capri looked like. Not exactly Snowman’s rig

IMG_2664.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Remember the time when you and Amish made a run and somewhere

along the dirt back roads he turned to you and said...

"Do you hear banjo music?"

Told to me by a friend.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Remember the time when you and Amish made a run and somewhere

along the dirt back roads he turned to you and said...

"Do you hear banjo music?"

Told to me by a friend.

Oh yeah…that was the time in the Spanish Pyrenees when we were driving a rental Peugeot in which the radio wouldn’t work unless the windshield wipers were on. 

I remember it well. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

We’ll legalize it here (Czech Republic) right after Germany does (probably next year). 

It’s already decriminalized, and you can have 5gr on you or grow 5 plants for personal use, but unless you’re being a total twat or they just need an excuse to engage, the cops don’t even care. Only thing I’ll use the dispensaries for her when they arrive is vape pens. Aside from that I’ll stick with my dealer for green. He gets great stuff for less than the other guys around. 

• Upvote 1

Bills coach Sean McDermott says he wants his team to be on the same page like the 9/11 terrorist and then apologizes, 4 years later....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39065999/bills-coach-sean-mcdermott-regrets-9-11-comments-apologizes?fbclid=IwAR3PdSVpYgzbwTb28pjdpVXO6kL46fMlbrnoAyGYgt9XjtuqLJARr6j4QtU

McDermott told players in a speech to come together and used the terrorists on 9/11 as an example, asking players in the room questions about how the attacks were executed and referencing the hijackers getting on the same page. 

What a leader of men this guy is....of all the analogies that he could have used this is the one that he came up with. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Bills coach Sean McDermott says he wants his team to be on the same page like the 9/11 terrorist and then apologizes, 4 years later....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39065999/bills-coach-sean-mcdermott-regrets-9-11-comments-apologizes?fbclid=IwAR3PdSVpYgzbwTb28pjdpVXO6kL46fMlbrnoAyGYgt9XjtuqLJARr6j4QtU

What a leader of men this guy is....of all the analogies that he could have used this is the one that he came up with. 

Get out there and leave it all on the field! 

Like a suicide bomber!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Stealers' George Pickens faces criticism after frustrations boil over during upset loss to Patriots

Pickens finished Thursday's game with 5 catches

Published December 8, 2023 12:34pm EST

Pittsburgh Stealers star George Pickens was visibly frustrated on Thursday during what ended up being a three-point loss to the struggling New England Patriots.

The Stealers offensive production has been widely discussed this season, prompting longtime head coach Mike Tomlin to move on from offensive coordinator Matt Canada earlier this season. Mitch Trubisky filled in for the injured Kenny Pickett, but the offensive woes continued. Pittsburgh only managed to score 18 points and produced less than 50 yards of total offense around the midway point of the second quarter.

Pickens did not have his best game on Thursday and finished the game with 19 receiving yards. After Pickens showed a lackluster effort during a running play, Tomlin appeared to deliver some "choice words" to the receiver.

George Pickens looks on from the Steelers sidelines

George Pickens, #14 of the Pittsburgh Stealers, looks on from the sideline against the Tennessee Titans at Acrisure Stadium on Nov. 2, 2023 in Pittsburgh. (Cooper Neill/Getty Images)

"Tomlin, I think, has some choice words for Pickens," play-by-play announcer Al Michaels said during the broadcast.

"Yeah, he's just communicating how important it is for him to show some maturity and keep fighting," commentator Kirk Herbstreit responded.

Herbstreit also suggested that Pickens' teammates would not be happy with the receiver's lack of effort on a play where he knew he was not getting the football.

"He’s kind of taking the play off," Herbstreit said. "I think it sends a message to me, to your team. I look at receivers when it comes to their willingness to block and the effort that they’re willing to put forth.

"It kind of represents the pulse of the team. Bad look."

George Pickens goes over Ronald Darby

George Pickens, #14 of the Pittsburgh Stealers, catches a pass over Ronald Darby #28 of the Baltimore Ravens during the first half at Acrisure Stadium on Oct. 8, 2023 in Pittsburgh. (Justin K. Aller/Getty Images)

Pickens caught five of the six passes that were thrown toward him, but the one pass he did not catch resulted in an interception.

After the Stealers failed to convert on a play in the red zone, Pickens was clearly frustrated as he put his head down as he stood in the yellow paint in the end zone. 

Cameras also showed Pickens having a possible heated exchange with some of his teammates on the Stealers sideline.

Fellow Stealers reciever Diontae Johnson said he tried to help Pickens "keep his head in the game."

"He’s probably frustrated. My job is just to continue to tell him to keep his head in the game," Johnson said after the 21-18 loss. "You never know when your opportunity is going to come, and you can’t let one bad play define you.

"So I’m always there for him, trying to keep his head in the game and keep his energy up, at the same time we need him. If your energy is down and the ball comes your way, you may not to be able to make a play. But he’ll be fine."

George Pickens runs off field

George Pickens, #14 of the Pittsburgh Stealers, in action during the first half of a preseason game against the Jacksonville Jaguars at TIAA Bank Field on Aug. 20, 2022 in Jacksonville, Florida. (Courtney Culbreath/Getty Images)

Johnson also recently faced criticism for his apparent lack of effort during games. In the first quarter of Week 12, Pickett handed the ball off to Jaylin Warren. Warren fumbled the ball, and Bengals cornerback DJ Turner II recovered it. 

NFL fans watching the Stealers-Bengals game quickly noticed that Johnson did not block on the run and acted nonchalant as Turner recovered the fumble.

The Stealers' playoff hopes took a significant hit on Thursday, as the team has now dropped back-to-back games. Pittsburgh will try and get back in the win column in Week 15, when they play the surging Colts in a special slate of Saturday games.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/Stealers-george-pickens-faces-criticism-after-frustrations-boil-over-during-upset-loss-to-patriots

Pure dysfunction. Love to see it. Diontae saying it's his job to keep Pickens head in the game is hilarious. It's not his job, lol. The Stealers are probably the only entity I can't let go of my extreme disdain for. They ruined a generation of football for me with their cheap shots, and I never get tired of anything bad  happening to them.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Pickens had his career ruined by going to the Squeelers. Give him a decent QB and I think he's a clear WR1 based on talent.

They are going to ruin TE Washington too. 

Stealers seem hell bent drafting good players that have more "me" than team in them.

Inbred nature.

Fuck em....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1