Keeping our enemies close: 2023

3 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

I like the Lions to win the SB too...I spent alot of time in Detroit and watched Ford Field being built, RedWings fan, so there's that too.

Hopefully not the Pistons too… 😬 

23 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

As much as I hate the teams in our division, I do share this sentiment.  The AFCN is the toughest division in the NFL so it makes sense that winning the SB would solidify that as long as its not the Stealers (just spit up in my mouth a little).

I like the Lions to win the SB too...I spent alot of time in Detroit and watched Ford Field being built, RedWings fan, so there's that too.

Living as close to Baltimore as I do, I get the Ravens fans that think had Lamar been healthy the past 2 years we would have never even sniffed an AFCN Championship let alone a SuperBowl

I do not want those people to savor anything.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Jamie_B said:

Give me a Bills/Lions SB, two teams that have not won one.

Id love to see that matchup but doubt the NFL does.

Both teams have exciting offenses and

could make a run if the refs don't cheat them out of it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Also I will not root for the Ravens because of this.

They say that because JB has knocked them out of contention when they matchup.

I can't/won't  root for any team in our division anytime unless it helps us.

So fuck the Ravens .

I'll ride with ,Buffalo and Detroit til I can't.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Living as close to Baltimore as I do, I get the Ravens fans that think had Lamar been healthy the past 2 years we would have never even sniffed an AFCN Championship let alone a SuperBowl

I do not want those people to savor anything.

I’ll root for them this Sunday to knock out the Squeelers then I’m done rooting for them.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Elflocko said:

Rooting for the Lions. A good friend here is from Detroit, and they’ve basically been the Bengals of the NFC… 

Yeah, I like the Lions, too, for pretty much the same reasons. Also, I like Goff and thought that the Rams tossed him off too easily.

• Upvote 1

I root for the teams and the athletes and try not to let the shitbird fans of whatever town affect my appreciation for the sport. Particularly because every town has some portion of asshole fans. I don't like the Stealers because I think they are dirty and have a dirty tradition, otherwise I agree with the idea that you support your division--especially in our case, because it is the toughest division in the NFL, imo.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Homer_Rice said:

I root for the teams and the athletes and try not to let the shitbird fans of whatever town affect my appreciation for the sport. Particularly because every town has some portion of asshole fans. I don't like the Stealers because I think they are dirty and have a dirty tradition, otherwise I agree with the idea that you support your division--especially in our case, because it is the toughest division in the NFL, imo.

Good take in my opinion. I have to admire what the Clowns have pulled off this year and the Ravens look damn good.  As you said, the Stealers have always been cheap shot artists and I really don’t care at all about them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Iggles or gtfo. 

🙂

I can give a little love to the Lions.  I had a bad experience at Veterans Memorial stadium (not Eagles related) so not a Philly fan. 

16 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I can give a little love to the Lions.  I had a bad experience at Veterans Memorial stadium (not Eagles related) so not a Philly fan. 

Do they still have a jail there?

The fans are temperament to extremism..

They'll boo their team louder than any opponents turf if your bad.

You win and your a temporary legend to them..

That off and on switch is us quicker than any others.

It's Philly football.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Do they still have a jail there?

The fans are temperament to extremism..

They'll boo their team louder than any opponents turf if your bad.

You win and your a temporary legend to them..

That off and on switch is us quicker than any others.

It's Philly football.

The jail was at the Vet. And it actually had a muni court outlet, so as to process the “fans” quickly. 

They are tough, but once you are cleared of the ire, you are legend. Has really nothing to do with winning or losing. Scott Rolen was a superior player and brought lots of production. But he was also a mouthy petulant asshole, hence the fan hatred. Ron Jaworski was a stumble-bum dork… but he loved the city/area, and thus loved. 

(The Delaware Valley was my first venture into the sporting world, so with many relatives still there, I have remained close to the pulse of the fans. That and Sirius radio connection to WIP—which would make Andy Furman look like a choir boy)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Let me guess: lower left field for baseball. Yeah, could always be a dicey place

• Upvote 1

Another Flacco magic playoff run would be very entertaining considering all the Browns gave up for Chester the Molester.. including not having a draft pick until well into the 2nd round this year, wherever they end up.  So for me, the more that incredibly poor decision stings them the better.

Plus there's the run of being Burrow's kryptonite so far, it'd be gas on that fire as well. It raises the bar and for someone as ridiculously talented as him it's a good challenge.

Could also get behind Detroit.

• Upvote 1