Jonah wants out

2 hours ago, dex said:

A Bengals/Bills trade is about as likely as a Bengals/Chiefs trade. They are championship competitors. Too much risk involved trading with each otherwhen there are 29 other teams out there.

except there is a history of deals between the teams and what not. it's not inconceiveable. 

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I’m on board with moving Jonah for a Day 2 pick.  Possibly a 3rd that could become a 2nd based off performance/playing time.  It could also require the Bengals to pick up part of his salary, like the Texans just did in trading Cooks.  It would be a win/win for Jonah and the team.  With Brown at LT, I actually think a draft pick and extra cap space would be more valuable than keeping him.  

I'd prefer a pick in this years draft, conditional would mean it would be next years draft.

17 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Mike Brown should announce the price is a 2nd rd pick and he will take nothing less. 

And believe me, the entire league knows after Palmer, that Mikey doesn't blink.

If that happened he's stuck with Jonah

No 2nd rounder ..

Close to top of the 4th??

MB is thinking that 12.7mll  will allmost cover Teee's tag'...

MB loves shiny cars that play skilled positions.

He likes that brilliance he gets from Tee each game..

• 4 weeks later...

Not to kick the man while he's down, but I found this on Paul Alexander's wiki page:

2019 Alexander began consulting for ProCoach.Network and trained first round draft pick(s) Jonah Williams (Alabama drafted by Bengals)

:Why-min:

Let's draft a highly ranked OT that Ketchup Wizard absolutely hates..  you know, just try it and see what happens? 

On 3/23/2023 at 5:12 AM, claptonrocks said:

If that happened he's stuck with Jonah

No 2nd rounder ..

Close to top of the 4th??

MB is thinking that 12.7mll  will allmost cover Teee's tag'...

MB loves shiny cars that play skilled positions.

He likes that brilliance he gets from Tee each game..

MB is 90 years old.He's not making the decisions anymore.He has said  this himself.Troy and Katie re running the team now.

54 minutes ago, stan said:

MB is 90 years old.He's not making the decisions anymore.He has said  this himself.Troy and Katie re running the team now.

Yes..

Thats why the Blackburn women would cut ties with him and his salary for 4th imo..

Now if they can find a trade partner..

He and Mixon account for 25mil  cap space..

Let them go.....

13 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Is Cedric Ogbuehi the standard for LT play in Cincy? I would say Whitworth, Levi Jones, or Munoz is more of the standard than Ogbuehi. 

Whit and Munoz were great.

Levi was good and should be the standard imo..

Jonah isnt close to Levi.

Hes gotra go..

14 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Is Cedric Ogbuehi the standard for LT play in Cincy? I would say Whitworth, Levi Jones, or Munoz is more of the standard than Ogbuehi. 

No, but without him the team gets nowhere in the playoffs the last two years.  You saw what happened when we lost him early in the playoffs last year, Burrow was running for his life. 

A Whit or Munoz type on a rookie contract would be great.  Who would we get rid of to sign one to a second contract?

17 hours ago, SF2 said:

No, but without him the team gets nowhere in the playoffs the last two years.  You saw what happened when we lost him early in the playoffs last year, Burrow was running for his life. 

A Whit or Munoz type on a rookie contract would be great.  Who would we get rid of to sign one to a second contract?

We could sign Orlando Brown Jr and trade Jonah..

Wait what?! :ninja:

On 4/19/2023 at 6:27 AM, SF2 said:

Burrow has running for his life since he got here, which is why the Bengals have hired a new oline coach, drafted multiple players at the position group, and spent well over 100 million in free agency on that position group to fix it. 

Jonah was objectively and subjectively one of the worst players at his position last season and before that he wasn't exactly an All Pro. He should take this opportunity to improve, switch to RT, and get paid. At the end of the season he could be a UFA and find another team to pay him to play LT or try and stay here and play RT. 

He's coming off very entitled and ungrateful, he should be thankful for the opportunity to start for a NFL team and not worry about what side of the line he plays on...at least he's playing and getting paid millions to do it.

3 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Burrow has running for his life since he got here, which is why the Bengals have hired a new oline coach, drafted multiple players at the position group, and spent well over 100 million in free agency on that position group to fix it. 

Jonah was objectively and subjectively one of the worst players at his position last season and before that he wasn't exactly an All Pro. He should take this opportunity to improve, switch to RT, and get paid. At the end of the season he could be a UFA and find another team to pay him to play LT or try and stay here and play RT. 

He's coming off very entitled and ungrateful, he should be thankful for the opportunity to start for a NFL team and not worry about what side of the line he plays on...at least he's playing and getting paid millions to do it.

Just.  Get   Rid.  Of. Him..

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Just.  Get   Rid.  Of. Him..

No kidding, this is Big Boy football, not everyone gets an equal slice of cookie pizza after the game.  If Collins isn't busting his ass to get back on the field they can send him out on the same bus for that matter.  That rah-rah stuff might play in Dallas but we need an actual RT on the field here.

On 4/19/2023 at 11:52 PM, T-Dub said:

We could sign Orlando Brown Jr and trade Jonah..

Wait what?! :ninja:

That fixes LT but not RT. I was hoping Collins would bounce back but it looks like Pollack wants him gone.  

Keep in mind, I am all for getting rid of Williams and picking up someone who can play RT but that might be more difficult than it looks.  

48 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

This article prompts me to ask a question.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-5-nfl-offensive-players-trade-block

Would you trade Jonah straight up for Derrick Henry? I would. 

Id much rather trade Jonah for a draft pick snd use his cap for Higgins..

22 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I dont see the Titans trading Henry due to their QB problems..

His running also puts fannies in the seats in Nashville.

You think they come out to watch Tannehill???

Henry is actually a lower cap # than Mixon this season :D

but that's because they've restructured to push some of that into the 2024/2025 caps. 

32 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I dont see the Titans trading Henry due to their QB problems..

His running also puts fannies in the seats in Nashville.

You think they come out to watch Tannehill???

Completely agree. They already killed this rumor earlier in the year.

Archived