Bengals Training Camp and Pre-season Thread -News and Obs - 2023

19 minutes ago, dex said:

If the defense is going to play some on Friday, you can expect the offense to do the same. The defense has been dominant, the offense has struggled without Burrow.

Well, there's our answer on whether or not starters are playing! Further confirmation:

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Griever said:

Well, there's our answer on whether or not starters are playing! Further confirmation:

Hilton makes it sound like the 1st team defense won't be out there long. Maybe one or two series. I believe this is what Anarumo wants.

I'm more interested in what they do on offense. I know the entire offense would be out there if Burrow were available to play, but his absence affected Zac Taylor's decision on this topic last season. He admitted as much in interviews. While I still expect some offensive starters to hit the field on Friday, I don't think the final decision has been yet. This, despite the fact that the offense is so far behind the defense at the moment. Karras, who is the captain of the offense when Burrow is around, was mum on the subject. 

• Upvote 1

From James Rapien:

CINCINNATI — The Bengals' first-team defense is expected to play one series on Friday night against the Falcons. 

Will their starters on offense play? 

We know Joe Burrow is out with a calf strain. Will Ja'Marr Chase, Orlando Brown Jr., Tee Higgins or the rest of the starters get any snaps? 

It sounds like head coach Zac Taylor is going to be cautious with his first-team offense. The plan is to rest the starters on offense, league sources tell All Bengals. 

• Like 1