Son of Odell Thurman

Jelani Thurman, Odell’s son, is a 6’6” 253 pound freshman TE at Ohio State and is one of the top TE prospects in the nation. Wow, time flies. Doesn’t seem long ago that Odell was a promising young LB for the Bengals. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

... On that I would go Burfict.

But Odell definitely had the greatest burst (like he was shot out of a cannon). 

I would take Odell, Burfict burned bright, but quick.  Odell was out because of addiction, he still had his talent.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Odell was one of my favorite Bengals and I often wonder what would have happened if he didn't go off the rails, Pollack break his neck, and Carson tuck tail and run. Glad to see his son is having success and the Bengals do have a need for a long-term solution at TE...ya never know 

Odell was a candidate for DYOR IMHO, and what's wild was Pollack was the better linebacker at the end of the year. Man, what could have been......

On 7/14/2023 at 10:52 PM, Jungletiger said:

I would take Odell, Burfict burned bright, but quick.  Odell was out because of addiction, he still had his talent.

I don't think Burfict lost any talent. He was made the scapegoat for the NFL trying to avoid a massive CTE lawsuit. If he had played for Pittsburgh he'd likely be first ballot HoF. Instead he played for their rival and they crybullied him right out of town for the crime of giving them a mouthful of their own medicine.

He just gave what he got and it's a damn shame his coach was clap-clap-clapping along while his team was getting blatantly headhunted. Maybe if Marvin had stood up for his players and pointed out the hypocrisy instead of grabbing ankles... 

Well who knows, it's done now but I will always think Burfict got shafted.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

On 7/16/2023 at 4:19 PM, Cricket said:

Agreed, but Burfict didn’t do himself any favors with some of the things he did on the field. 

Most of what I saw him do was the same shit everyone else was doing at the time. Once the Stoolers started crying about him the cameras were all over him. Ridiculous coming from one of the dirtiest teams in pro sports, yet all eyes were on Vontaze. 

He & Jones were some of the few to stand up for themselves against Pitt & boy did they pay for it. Any last bit of respect I still had for their franchise vanished in that playoff game.

Burfict did nothing wrong.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...