I thought we did not live in Cleveland?

58 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I like his passion, sign him up for DE

... At least then someone can win on the edge. 

It made national news.

he could replace Myles Murphy who spent a lot of time on the field

seemingly at the expense of Hendrickson and Murphy did jack shit.

He thinks rather than reacts and ends up getting pushed around while

doing so.

P.S.  Irv Smith is not the answer.  Last week v Elfland comments were made

about on 3rd and nine, guys running eight yard routes.  That was Irv.

He blocks like he is in a pillow fight.

If the big huggy bear on the practice squat (Freudian typo... seems soooo fitting)

tight end we picked up from Pittsburgh is up to speed, bring him up.

The Jonah Williams/Irv Smith combo on the right side of the O line may be  is the 

poorest in the NFL.  Myles Garrett steals Jonah's lunch money and gives him a wedgie

every time they play.  And Aaron Donald is coming to town  next Monday.

Irv is yet another square peg the Bengals are trying to pound in to a round hole like Jackson Carman.

10 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

To be fair, Harry, the Rats weren’t getting an enormous push in the pass rush. The main pressure they had, was due (from my vantage point anyway) to great pass coverage. The lone sack was completely a coverage one. 

Anyway, back to making fun of ferals attacking each other. 

OK.  But Joe had a lot of company in the backfield.  And not disagreeing with your point.

And I still go with my criticism of Irv Smith.

Did not have a good day all around as far as game day experience.

Trying to come up with some way to phrase it besides "get off my lawn" :liberalmedia:

but I thought the game was secondary to getting drunk, dressing up and screaming.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Did not have a good day all around as far as game day experience.

The game day experience was so-so….and only being in Amish’s company brought it up that far! 

I noticed an inordinate number of drunks—and surly ones at that—around the stadium. There was a sour one—pissed to the gills—sitting next to us. He had every standard fix for the Bengals known to man—and voiced loudly every one of them. I’ve grown used to the typical “throw the ball downfield!” people over the years…but this guy was particularly annoying. The booziness contributed. 

Didn’t see any pugilism like this around…but with or without booze…it was just sort of a yech atmosphere. 

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

The game day experience was so-so….and only being in Amish’s company brought it up that far! 

I noticed an inordinate number of drunks—and surly ones at that—around the stadium. There was a sour one—pissed to the gills—sitting next to us. He had every standard fix for the Bengals known to man—and voiced loudly every one of them. I’ve grown used to the typical “throw the ball downfield!” people over the years…but this guy was particularly annoying. The booziness contributed. 

Didn’t see any pugilism like this around…but with or without booze…it was just sort of a yech atmosphere. 

That's been my experience at NFL games over the past decade.  I've just quit going.  Too many amateur drunks out there.  Fights are common.  Rather watch at home.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

This is what happens when you mingle with plebians, Tigre...plebians are going to pleb...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

I think we are seeing a lot of day trippers.

Never been to a Bengals game before and have to OD on the situation just to

have bragging rights of "I was there".

Still amazed how now how many people bring several little kids and pay Club Seat

prices for them to... "cheer"?... and I did see several people/women with infants in the

pack carry things.  Why would anyone bring an infant to a Bengals game?  

Personally, I would like to see the Bengals get back more to football and less the so-called

"fan experience".  I would like to see them change the constant annoying, blaring "Get Loud"

prompts for opening the gates 15 minutes early when the lines are two blocks down the street.

BTW... two jr high age kids and mommy came into Ruby's (yes...sorry) wearing street vendor

Fuck the Browns (front) Bitch, I'm a Bengals Fan (back) t-shirts.  I'm surprised they let them in.

We didn't see any fights, either.

See those at Steeler games.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

I think we are seeing a lot of day trippers.

Never been to a Bengals game before and have to OD on the situation just to

have bragging rights of "I was there".

Still amazed how now how many people bring several little kids and pay Club Seat

prices for them to... "cheer"?... and I did see several people/women with infants in the

Personally, I would like to see the Bengals get back more to football and less the so-called

"fan experience".  I would like to see them change the constant annoying, blaring "Get Loud"

prompts for opening the gates 15 minutes early when the lines are two blocks down the street.

That's kind of like what happened to the atmosphere in Cleveland. 

The Org must notice they do…there’s even a “Baby cam” on the scoreboard. Agree though, it’s dumb. 

I would like to see them change the constant annoying, blaring "Get Loud"

If I never had to see or hear those maddening things again, it would be a blessing 

BTW... two jr high age kids and mommy came into Ruby's (yes...sorry) wearing street vendor

Fuck the Browns (front) Bitch, I'm a Bengals Fan (back) t-shirts.  I'm surprised they let them in.

Saw another variation of these things on the way out yesterday. The back read “I dare you to tell me I’m wrong”

Great example of non-violence urgings.

23 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

I did not know where to put this but, it looks like our Fans did not take the loss very well.  Anyone at the game see this guy?  Bengals fan knocks out a man with a brutal HEADBUTT while being led away in handcuffs ahead of Cincinnati's loss to Baltimore Ravens | Daily Mail Online

Sam Wyche was referring to throwing things from the stands.

He didn't say anything about headbutting someone. 😉

• Like 1

I'm sure the inference was that attendees in Cleveland are pugilistic ferals, ready to attack at a moment's notice. 

While there are many feral-like attendees in Cleveland, my personal experience is that both feral and non-feral attendees in Cleveland will not attack you without provocation. 

Cannot say the same thing in Detroit however. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

I'm sure the inference was that attendees in Cleveland are pugilistic ferals, ready to attack at a moment's notice. 

While there are many feral-like attendees in Cleveland, my personal experience is that both feral and non-feral attendees in Cleveland will not attack you without provocation. 

Cannot say the same thing in Detroit however. 

I attended a baseball game at comerica and there were some real idiots at the game had a great experience at wrigley though fans and workers were very amicable 

26 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

I attended a baseball game at comerica and there were some real idiots at the game had a great experience at wrigley though fans and workers were very amicable 

Could have been the locations for me. 

The old Silverdome…the old building the Red Wings played in…

Overall, I like Detroit. 

2 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

We bought what turned out to be stolen tickets from a scalper at Wrigley Field. Security gave us the option of leaving or standing in standing room only. We chose to stand  and some guy had 2 tickets that he couldn’t get rid of so he gave them to us. Box seats along the first base line-much better seats than the ones we bought. 

Hubby wanted to go looking for the scalper after game. I managed to persuade him that that was a bad idea.

• Upvote 2