Rams Week And A Day

Watch Browning go out there and fucking light it up.  He's lose and ready to rumble.  I look at QBs like trucks. When your in the trenches of the fight you don't want some $100k f 150 king ranch. Nope you want that 1995 F 150 with some dings and dents. Having the most expensive truck out there is just going to ruin it. All that nice interior destroyed. All that chrome getting messed up.   Go to work with a work truck not a truck with leather interior and shiny paint.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Catfish Bob said:

Watch Browning go out there and fucking light it up.  He's lose and ready to rumble.  I look at QBs like trucks. When your in the trenches of the fight you don't want some $100k f 150 king ranch. Nope you want that 1995 F 150 with some dings and dents. Having the most expensive truck out there is just going to ruin it. All that nice interior destroyed. All that chrome getting messed up.   Go to work with a work truck not a truck with leather interior and shiny paint.

IDK about Browning but agree about the trucks 😆 Whole lot of wannabees around me hauling nothing but debt.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

IDK about Browning but agree about the trucks 😆 Whole lot of wannabees around me hauling nothing but debt.

Unneeded  debt for most .

Prices are mind blowing.

I have a 10 yr old used for the bed.

Budgeting was never Americans strong point ..😎

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

He couldn't ask for a better opportunity having some of the best receivers in the game to run with. I feel like we could plug anyone in there for real.  Roll out old school Akili Smith with these dudes.  Or Kitna.  Or fucking Neil O Donnell.  Jeff Blake would be dropping bombs.

My thinking is a gimpy JB is still better than a 100% Browning, but I want JB healthy for the next several years and don't really care if that means missing the postseason in this one.

But again, I don't see the AFCN being decided in the next 2-3 weeks either. Make the smart decision for the long term and deal with the short term consequences later. Really feels like 10 wins will be enough to take the division.

• Upvote 1

Would be either an intimidating or inspiring atmosphere if Browning were to play on Monday Night Football. That choice is up to Browning.  Some fold in that atmosphere, especially if it were to be their first professional start. Others are dawgs and live for this kind of moment. Where does Browning fall within that spectrum?  I think we find out Monday Night. 

23 minutes ago, IKOTA said:

Would be either an intimidating or inspiring atmosphere if Browning were to play on Monday Night Football. That choice is up to Browning.  Some fold in that atmosphere, especially if it were to be their first professional start. Others are dawgs and live for this kind of moment. Where does Browning fall within that spectrum?  I think we find out Monday Night. 

If he does start I think it's more on Taylor & Callahan to put together a game plan he can run effectively.  The weapons are there but can the OL execute well enough to make them effective?

More to the point, if they can't, don't we have bigger problems than Joe's muscle strain?

They need to stop expecting him to be Superman out there. Sure he needs to play like an MVP but the rest of the offense has got to step it up around him. Shitting the entire bed just because he's at 75% is not acceptable.

• Upvote 3

It’s a different level in the NFL atmosphere—where even practice squad players were once “supermen” in college. But looking at Jake’s bio at UW overview does give an impression that he does have the measurables/experience to be at least competitive when mixed with the front line offense: 

https://gohuskies.com/sports/football/roster/jake-browning/6762

11 hours ago, T-Dub said:

If he does start I think it's more on Taylor & Callahan to put together a game plan he can run effectively.  The weapons are there but can the OL execute well enough to make them effective?

More to the point, if they can't, don't we have bigger problems than Joe's muscle strain?

They need to stop expecting him to be Superman out there. Sure he needs to play like an MVP but the rest of the offense has got to step it up around him. Shitting the entire bed just because he's at 75% is not acceptable.

The game plan and play calling needs to protect Burrow if they know he's only %50-75 healthy...don't call so many pass plays if he's showing you he can't plant and throw with accuracy and timing...run the damn ball. I was watching how Kyle Shannan, the best offensive coach in the NFL, protects Brock Purdy and puts him in manageable situations that make it easier for him to have success and wonder why can't we do the same for Joe. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

The game plan and play calling needs to protect Burrow if they know he's only %50-75 healthy...don't call so many pass plays if he's showing you he can't plant and throw with accuracy and timing...run the damn ball. I was watching how Kyle Shannan, the best offensive coach in the NFL, protects Brock Purdy and puts him in manageable situations that make it easier for him to have success and wonder why can't we do the same for Joe. 

Simple answer:  We don't have a dynamic offense.  We have a shotgun passing offense which already *greatly* limits our options.  We rely on an elite QB and elite WR's for this to succeed.  The 49ers on the other hand have TWO absolute horses running the ball, taking wildcat snaps, draws, under center play action runs, etc etc etc.  We simply require someone other than Zac designing the offense for anything to ever change here.

• Upvote 1