Sea-Tac SeaRat Week

Bengals vs. Seahawks Injury Report – Week 6, 2023

Updated Oct. 12, 2023 4:19 a.m. ET

Data Skrive

The Seattle Seahawks (3-1) injury report includes nine players ahead of a Sunday, October 15 matchup against the Cincinnati Bengals (2-3) at Paycor Stadium. The Bengals (2-3) currently have four players listed on their report. The contest kicks off at 1:00 PM ET.

Bengals vs. Seahawks Game Info

• When: Sunday, October 15, 2023 at 1:00 PM ET
  • Where: Paycor Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio
  • TV Info: CBS
  • Spread Favorite: Bengals (-3)
  • Moneyline: Bengals (-152), Seahawks (+129)
  • Total: 45 points
  •  

Bengals Injuries

• Devin Harper | LB (Unknown)
  •  
  • Injury: Hamstring
  • Practice Status: Did Not Participate In Practice
  • 2023 Season Stats: 4 Games Played
  •  
  • Akeem Davis-Gaither | LB (Unknown)
  •  
  • Injury: Knee
  • 2023 Season Stats: 3 Games Played
  •  
  • Chidobe Awuzie | CB (Unknown)
  •  
  • Injury: Back
  • 2023 Defensive Stats: 0 Sacks | 0 Tackles for Loss | 14 Tackles | 0 Interceptions | 1 Pass Defended
  •  
  • Tee Higgins | WR (Unknown)
  •  
  • Injury: Ribs
  • Practice Status: Limited Participation In Practice
  • 2023 Receiving Stats: 32 Targets | 12 Receptions | 129 Yards | 2 Touchdowns

Seahawks Injuries

• Geno Smith | QB (Unknown)
  •  
  • Practice Status: Full Participation In Practice
  • 2023 Passing: 123-for-84 | 846 Yards | 5 Touchdowns | 1 Interception
  •  
  • Damien Lewis | OG (Unknown)
  •  
  • Injury: Ankle
  • 2023 Season Stats: 1 Games Played
  •  
  • Charles Cross | OT (Unknown)
  •  
  • Injury: Toe
  • 2022 Season Stats: 7 Games Played
  •  
  • Dre'Mont Jones | DE (Unknown)
  •  
  • Injury: Ankle
  • 2023 Defensive Stats: 1 Sack | 2 Tackles for Loss | 10 Tackles | 0 Interceptions | 0 Passes Defended
  •  
  • Jarran Reed | DE (Unknown)
  •  
  • Injury: Shin
  • 2023 Defensive Stats: 2 Sacks | 2 Tackles for Loss | 16 Tackles | 0 Interceptions | 1 Pass Defended
  •  
  • Coby Bryant | CB (Unknown)
  •  
  • Injury: Toe
  • 2023 Defensive Stats: 0 Sacks | 0 Tackles for Loss | 11 Tackles | 0 Interceptions | 0 Passes Defended
  •  
  • Jordyn Brooks | LB (Unknown)
  •  
  • 2023 Defensive Stats: 2 Sacks | 3 Tackles for Loss | 41 Tackles | 0 Interceptions | 0 Passes Defended
  •  
  • Jamal Adams | SS (Unknown)
  •  
  • Injury: Concussion
  • 2023 Defensive Stats: 0 Sacks | 0 Tackles for Loss | 2 Tackles | 0 Interceptions | 0 Passes Defended
  •  
  • Artie Burns | CB (Unknown)
  •  
  • Injury: Hamstring
  • 2023 Defensive Stats: 0 Sacks | 0 Tackles for Loss | 6 Tackles | 0 Interceptions | 1 Pass Defended
  •  

Bengals vs. Seahawks Head-to-Head History

• Over their last five meetings, Cincinnati has totaled three wins versus Seattle.
  •  
  • Seattle has been outscored by 24 points in its last five tilts against Cincinnati.

Cincinnati Bengals Injury and Practice Report: Another Starter Returns to Work

With the bye on the other side of Sunday's game against the Seattle Seahawks, the Cincinnati Bengals are moving closer to a fully healthy roster.

October 12, 2023 | 2:28 PM EDT

Seven days after suffering a back injury that caused him to miss the last two practices and Sunday’s game in Arizona, Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Chidobe Awuzie returned to practice today.

What Are the Chances Chidobe Awuzie Plays Sunday?

Awuzie was still working his way back to full participation from the ACL tear he suffered last Halloween when a back injury flared up in practice last Thursday. Rookie second-round pick DJ Turner II had been rotating with Awuzie through the first four games, with Awuzie’s snap percentages gradually increasing.

Turner played well in his first NFL start Sunday at Arizona, and with the bye sitting on the other side of this week’s game against the Seahawks, the Bengals could continue to manage Awuzie’s workload if he’s able to play at all.

Linebacker Akeem Davis-Gaither has not practiced since injuring his knee on Sept. 28, but he did play in the Oct. 1 loss at Tennessee.

Also not present during the portion of practice open to the media was rookie first-round defensive end Myles Murphy. We’ll know the reason for his absence when the Bengals release the injury report later this afternoon.

That’s also when we’ll find out if wide receiver Tee Higgins was able to go full for the first time since fracturing a rib at Tennessee. Higgins missed the first two practices last week and was inactive for Sunday’s game at Arizona. He was also limited Wednesday, with head coach Zac Taylor calling him “day to day.”

UPDATE (4:40 p.m.): Higgins said he did everything everyone else did today, but the Bengals have him listed as a limited participant. Higgins also said if he’s able to go Sunday, it would be without a flak jacket.

Awuzie also was listed as questionable, along with linebacker Devin Harper (hamstring), who missed Wednesday’s practice.

Murphy’s absence was non-injury related.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/cincinnati-bengals-injury-practice-1012-2023-nfl/

image.png

this resume isnt exactly star studded, the win over the lions is the most impressive, and it took overtime.

it has been confirmed that witherspoon does NOT travel with WR's so frankly we can make him literally NEVER cover Chase if we want.

that would be wild and silly but its something we can control it seems.

about to watch thier games in condensed for to see how they are winning and watch these so called killer corners and such....

• Upvote 2

People are calling Seattle d legion of boom 2 or some nickname like that. I was thinking burrow and co. faced some really good corners and d lines over past few years. 

is Seattle legion of boom 2 the best? They are calling spoon Deion sanders 2.  Troy Aikman  and some other I heard. 

will we survive the first quarter. All these talking heads give me headache. For me the rams were best d we faced in Super Bowl. Aaron Donald, miller,  and co. Ramsey on backend but still was seen as a shutdown corner. Also can we get PS2,Patrick Surtain, from Denver. I will give up couple 1 st. Our first rounders not named chase or burrow, are mostly bust anyways. Kirkpatrick and Ross come to mind. 

2 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

People are calling Seattle d legion of boom 2 or some nickname like that. I was thinking burrow and co. faced some really good corners and d lines over past few years. 

is Seattle legion of boom 2 the best? They are calling spoon Deion sanders 2.  Troy Aikman  and some other I heard. 

will we survive the first quarter. All these talking heads give me headache. For me the rams were best d we faced in Super Bowl. Aaron Donald, miller,  and co. Ramsey on backend but still was seen as a shutdown corner. Also can we get PS2,Patrick Surtain, from Denver. I will give up couple 1 st. Our first rounders not named chase or burrow, are mostly bust anyways. Kirkpatrick and Ross come to mind. 

Pass, no trading required.  CTB and DJ Turner are are going to be stars, just not by NFL media standards since they play for the Bengals defense that has a bunch of "no namers".  Also throw Dax into the star category as well.  Dude hasn't even reached his ceiling yet and it's already obvious on the field.  This young secondary is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dautcom08 said:

Pass.  CTB and DJ Turner are are going to be stars, just not by NFL media standards since they play for the Bengals defense that has a bunch of "no namers".  Also throw Dax into the star category as well.  Dude hasn't even reached his ceiling yet and it's already obvious on the field.  This young secondary is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

I would add Battle in  the mix as well.

I see his snap count going up as he overtakes Scott sooner than later..

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I would add Battle in a he mix as well.

I see has snap count going up as he overtakes Scott sooner than later..

Couldn't agree more.  Battle was my favorite pick post-draft.  He will be the started in short time and it's because of what he can do on the field and less of what Nick Scott can't do.  This is the deepest secondary they have had in years.

I love me some Chido too but the writing is on the wall that this is likely his swan song here.

• Upvote 1

Seahawks at Bengals

The biggest news about the Seahawks injury report for Sunday is which players aren’t on it. T Charles Cross (toe), WR DK Metcalf (ribs), and S Jamal Adams (concussion) are all set to play after avoiding injury designations on Friday. DB Coby Bryant (toe) and CB Artie Burns (hamstring) have been ruled out and OL Damien Lewis (ankle) is set to miss the game after being listed as doubtful. QB Drew Lock (ankle) and G Phil Haynes (calf) are listed as questionable.

WR Tee Higgins (ribs) is a game-time decision after missing last week. CB Chidobe Awuzie (back), LB Devin Harper (hamstring), and DT Josh Tupou (toe) are also listed as questionable while LB Akeem Davis-Gaither (knee) has been ruled out.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/cincinnati-bengals

By Josh Alper

Published October 13, 2023 12:56 PM

Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins said on Wednesday that things are looking “promising” for his return to action this Sunday, but the Bengals aren’t ready to say he’s going to play.

Higgins missed last week’s win over the Cardinals with injured ribs and he has been practicing on a limited basis this week. On Friday, head coach Zac Taylor said that Higgins’ availability will be a game-time decision against the Seahawks this weekend.

Higgins has 12 catches for 129 yards with two touchdowns so far this season.

Taylor also said that cornerback Chidobe Awuzie will be a game-time call. Awuzie has been hampered by a back injury.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/cincinnati-bengals