Santa Clara Levi’s-Niner Week

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

No way, we're going on the road against a better team.  6 point dogs 

I wont be surprised after last night if the line drops a bit, but we will remain dogs for sure.

If the O can start clicking and the D continues to play like it has been, this game is winnable. 

Its also our least important game, we need to win AFC games, we can afford to drop this one.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The OL room is cursed, IDK if it was trying to lowball Whitworth (last seen hoisting the Lombardi for his new team) or what but they need some holy water and a live chicken.

He's going to play, no need to worry or start killing animals....yet..:ninja:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/orlando-brown-jr-feeling-great-after-bye-week-expects-to-play-against-49ers

Brown left the Bengals’ Week Six win over the Seahawks with a groin injury. He’s had a bye week to help heal and told reporters that the time off served him well, so he plans on being in the lineup to help protect Joe Burrow from the 49ers pass rush.

“I do. I feel great with an extra week of rest,” Brown said, via the team’s website. “This is just an extra day of rest for me.”

The Bengals have won three of their last four, but they head into Week Eight bringing up the rear in an AFC North that has no teams with a losing record. A healthy Brown would be a good thing for their chances of keeping pace with the rest of the division.

• Upvote 1

Just reading the comments and some stuff on Yahoo Sports...

YS article I can't find again said The Real Slim Purdy Just Stood Up

and looked rather... meh.

We're underdogs... 

I would be seriously temped to put a few $$ on the Bengals but will

not for fear of jinxing them.

No :ninja:

• Like 1

The defense is going to be salty after losing 2 in a row and getting no sacks on 45 attempts from the elusive Kirk Cousins... Bosa was pissed after the game and I know they are going to be extremely motivated to get a win at home after being embarrassed on MNF.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nick-bosa-frustrated-as-49ers-get-no-sacks-while-kirk-cousins-throws-45-passes

“I’m not sure how it went for the other three guys. I can only focus on myself and there was definitely a couple opportunities there where I could have changed the game. I need to do that with the kind of player I’m supposed to be,” Bosa said, via David Lombardi of TheAthletic.com.

Let's see how the Bengals' offensive line responds to the pass rush and crowd noise coming off a bye. Hopefully, the play calling helps them out by running the ball early and getting rid of the ball quickly to start the game off as the 49ers are going to come out looking to get some early sacks to get their confidence high. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I would be seriously temped to put a few $$ on the Bengals 

Bengals are getting 7 points, that's easy money as I think they will win the game outright. I'm actually tempted to bet money line (not even take the points) to win even more $$$. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Bengals are getting 7 points, that's easy money as I think they will win the game outright. I'm actually tempted to bet money line (not even take the points) to win even more $$$. 

That's my thinking, too, but I know in my heart that if I put $$ on them

that would be the Kiss of Death.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

The line is currently 5.5 or 6 points and Vegas was built on people thinking like this, definitely not easy money. The Niners have a better HC, defense, and run game plus they are playing at home. The Bengals can win but this a bad matchup for the Bengals as the Niners pass rush will be putting pressure on Burrow and the Bengals offense is already one dimensional so they aren't going to be worried about stopping the run. Hopefully, Mixon will be excited to return back to the Yay Area(E-40 voice) and have his best game this season...you smell me! 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

The line is currently 5.5 or 6 points and Vegas was built on people thinking like this, definitely not easy money. The Niners have a better HC, defense, and run game plus they are playing at home. The Bengals can win but this a bad matchup for the Bengals as the Niners pass rush will be putting pressure on Burrow and the Bengals offense is already one dimensional so they aren't going to be worried about stopping the run. Hopefully, Mixon will be excited to return back to the Yay Area(E-40 voice) and have his best game this season...you smell me! 

Hmm, I don't know about that.

SF likes to portray themselves as physical, until they play a physical team (see Cleveland).

The Vikings aren't know to have the strongest OL, and yet SF didn't get one sack on him.

If they go sackless against JB, we win easily.

Their DBs are the weakest link, and can be exploited IF Burrow gets a little time to throw.

• Upvote 2

When the Cincinnati Bengals take on the San Francisco 49ers this weekend, it will pit star Bengals offensive tackle against Nick Bosa, who has earned the reputation as the best pass rusher in the league, winning the NFL Defensive MVP award last year. And Brown is certainly not underestimating his talent.

During an interview session this week, Orlando Brown Jr. had some high praise for Nick Bosa as well as his brother, Los Angeles Chargers star pass rusher Joey Bosa.

“I can’t remember how much they paid him,” Brown said Monday according to the Cincinnati Bengals team website. “He’s worth every penny. He and his brother (the Chargers’ Joey) do a really good job of doing the little things right. They do a great job with their hands. Very accurate and very active, which is a rare combination that you don’t see with a lot of guys with that type of athleticism. Very fundamental.”

Brown will be entering the game after aggravating a groin injury during last week’s game against the Seattle Seahawks. He made it clear that he “feels great” after a bye week, but we’ll have to see whether or not the injury holds him back as he goes against the top pass rusher in the league.

https://thecomeback.com/featured/nick-bosa-orlando-brown-jr-cincinnati-bengals.html

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

SF likes to portray themselves as physical, until they play a physical team (see Cleveland).

The Vikings aren't know to have the strongest OL, and yet SF didn't get one sack on him.

Their DBs are the weakest link, and can be exploited IF Burrow gets a little time to throw.

I'm on board with your comment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SmoothD said:

The Niner's defense has been exposed.  If Cousins was able to shred their secondary just imagine what Burrow can do.  And San Francisco isn't a team that does well coming from behind.  Under Shanahan SF is 0-36 when behind by 8+ in the fourth qtr.  They have to be up and by double digits.  When it gets tough Kyle isn't as brilliant.  And factor into that he has, basically, a rookie QB, who is very talented but has struggled in his last two outings against physical teams.  The sort of teams that Cincy mirrors but with a bit more firepower on offense.  

This is a winnable game for both teams so I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to the wire like San's last two games.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BENgal Solo said:

The Niner's defense has been exposed.  If Cousins was able to shred their secondary just imagine what Burrow can do.  And San Francisco isn't a team that does well coming from behind.  Under Shanahan SF is 0-36 when behind by 8+ in the fourth qtr.  They have to be up and by double digits.  When it gets tough Kyle isn't as brilliant.  And factor into that he has, basically, a rookie QB, who is very talented but has struggled in his last two outings against physical teams.  The sort of teams that Cincy mirrors but with a bit more firepower on offense.  

This is a winnable game for both teams so I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to the wire like San's last two games.

Now he is about to see more exotic coverages and schemes that he hasn't seen before.

Lou about to throw the kitchen sink at him.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952jf5vfisqqhc1si6pi70

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1