Hooston Toxins Week

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Harry Downer here, maybe but...

Classic Trap game?

Coming off a big win vs Buffalo in prime time and in a spectacular atmosphere

Sunday the seemingly weaker Texans

and looking ahead at a short week to Thursday night against the Ravens

that will for sure have impact on both teams playoff futures.

Like the guy who sits a few rows behind us always screams

"FOCUS"!

At this point in the season teams know there's no trap games .

Bring it all or lose now.

• Like 2

Team is too focused to fall for the trap game.

Also, I'd sit Ja'Marr and have him ready for the Ravens game on a short week.

Our new 3 headed TE monster should give the Ravens a few problems.

I'd also take our 4th and 5th receivers over any nickel and dime backs in the league

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

I'd also take our 4th and 5th receivers over any nickel and dime backs in the league

I lean towards resting Jamar as well, but I wonder if it's just a deep bruise that he will be good to go on Sunday?

I think we can beat the Texans without him, but he needs to be on deck for the Ravens as that is going to be the toughest game of the year imho

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

Agree across the board including sit Ja'Marr if he isn't really ready.

Too valuable to risk injury before a short week and prime time game vs the Rats at their house.

BTW... left as soon as Whiff Miller missed Joe Mixon to beat the crowd.

Good idea.  Everyone had it.  It was still a mob scene.  LOL

Biggest problem was getting out of the parking garage where too many people

did not know how to use the credit card payment for their ticket.

Oh... my "trap game" fears... I agree with you on that, too.

Just a personal superstition bringing it up to block the jinx.

I have also started wearing one sock inside out on game days.

Seems to help.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Biggest problem was getting out of the parking garage where too many people

did not know how to use the credit card payment for their ticket.

This drives me nuts. Even simpler—like the garage I park in—is that you pre-pay (too much) for parking, and then all you have to do is put the ticket in the machine. 

A lot of times, occupants an entire car will get out and investigate the wonders of this simple feat. Gridlock ensues 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

This drives me nuts. Even simpler—like the garage I park in—is that you pre-pay (too much) for parking, and then all you have to do is put the ticket in the machine. 

A lot of times, occupants an entire car will get out and investigate the wonders of this simple feat. Gridlock ensues 

That's what happened to me at 580 Garage (Walnut across from Fountain Square).

Day trippers and Bills fans waiting until they got to the gate to mess with credit cards and tickets

rather than prepaying like one is supposed to.  Now $20, used to be $10 but when I see the $50 parking

closer to the stadium it takes away some of the pain.

One thing I don't understand is how every year they make the hill from the stadium up Walnut or Vine steeper.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

That's what happened to me at 580 Garage (Walnut across from Fountain Square).

Day trippers and Bills fans waiting until they got to the gate to mess with credit cards and tickets

rather than prepaying like one is supposed to.  Now $20, used to be $10 but when I see the $50 parking

closer to the stadium it takes away some of the pain.

One thing I don't understand is how every year they make the hill from the stadium up Walnut or Vine steeper.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, Harry - but was looking up where this garage was (from the handful of times I have been there) - so looking on Google maps - did they open a 2nd Jeff Ruby's down there? Every time I went there, we staggered over to JR from Nicholson's... but Google Maps showing it on 5th and Vine over by the Hilton?

• Upvote 2

Speaking of which.....  I *again* have a spare ticket to the game.  Section 104, Row 14.  Home sideline, goal line, sitting with player families.  I'll be there, looking for someone who wants a single ticket to be the +1.

See, we have a pair of seats in our season ticket account that are shared between households.  I get to about half of the games.  Sometimes it's me and LT, other times it's just me, but since there are two seats I occasionally have the +1 going vacant.  This is the 2nd of those, the other was last week.

380474144_10159807231340423_2213260086280517281_n.jpg 244559998_10158541375740423_4310331812232896141_n.jpg

View from the seat.

So if any of your chuckleheads wanna go as that +1, let me know.  I'm only asking face value - $100 - because you're on the board and aren't some rando off TicketMaster.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cat said:

Don't mean to hijack the thread, Harry - but was looking up where this garage was (from the handful of times I have been there) - so looking on Google maps - did they open a 2nd Jeff Ruby's down there? Every time I went there, we staggered over to JR from Nicholson's... but Google Maps showing it on 5th and Vine over by the Hilton?

Not a 2nd location, simply a relocation. From 7th St to 5th and Vine directly across from Fountain Square. 

• Like 1

By Myles Simmons

Published November 7, 2023 01:27 PM

Ka’imi Fairbairn’s injury is inducing the Texans to make a move at kicker.

Fairbairn is set to miss at least a week with the quad injury he suffered during the first half of Sunday’s victory over the Buccaneers, according to Aaron Wilson of KPRC. He may miss more time.

To offset losing Fairbairn, the club will sign Matt Ammendola to the practice squad, Wilson reports.

Fairbairn has hit 18-of-19 field goals this season, with the only miss coming from over 50 yards. He’s also hit 14-of-14 extra points and sent 60 percent of his kickoffs for touchbacks.

Ammendola has appeared in 15 games over the last two seasons for the Jets, Cardinals, and Chiefs. He’s made just 18-of-26 field goals and 19-of-22 extra points. He’s previously spent time with the Texans in 2022.

The Texans will be on the road to play the Bengals in Week 10.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/cincinnati-bengals

By Michael David Smith

Published November 7, 2023 01:18 PM

C.J. Stroud has been almost perfect as a rookie quarterback for the Texans this season. In fact, his mistake-free football is threatening to break an NFL record.

Stroud has thrown one interception on 279 pass attempts this season, or an interception on 0.36 percent of his passes this season.

The NFL record for lowest interception percentage in a season was set by Aaron Rodgers in 2018, when he threw two interceptions on 597 passes, or 0.34 percent.

Stroud is also on pace to break the rookie record for lowest interception percentage. That record is currently held by Dak Prescott, who threw four interceptions on 459 passes as a rookie in 2016, an interception percentage of 0.87 percent.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/houston-texans

5 hours ago, Cat said:

No hijack.

New Ruby's is open at 5th and Vine, directly across from Fountain Square.

Really nice but typical Ruby overkill.  Mother of pearl piano imported from France... $750,000.

Been there twice.

The old one is now some sort of Jeff Ruby banquet place.

10 hours ago, SmoothD said:

Strong...

10 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I lean towards resting Jamar as well, but I wonder if it's just a deep bruise that he will be good to go on Sunday?

I think we can beat the Texans without him, but he needs to be on deck for the Ravens as that is going to be the toughest game of the year imho

JB will dissect Houston regardless if Jamar plays.

It's that simple...😎

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Arkansas Bengal said:
By Myles Simmons

Published November 7, 2023 01:27 PM

Ka’imi Fairbairn’s injury is inducing the Texans to make a move at kicker.

Fairbairn is set to miss at least a week with the quad injury he suffered during the first half of Sunday’s victory over the Buccaneers, according to Aaron Wilson of KPRC. He may miss more time.

To offset losing Fairbairn, the club will sign Matt Ammendola to the practice squad, Wilson reports.

Fairbairn has hit 18-of-19 field goals this season, with the only miss coming from over 50 yards. He’s also hit 14-of-14 extra points and sent 60 percent of his kickoffs for touchbacks.

Ammendola has appeared in 15 games over the last two seasons for the Jets, Cardinals, and Chiefs. He’s made just 18-of-26 field goals and 19-of-22 extra points. He’s previously spent time with the Texans in 2022.

The Texans will be on the road to play the Bengals in Week 10.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/cincinnati-bengals

Texans may lose 3 in the game due to it may missing or not going for a 50 yrder with an inconsistent  replacement.