Hooston Toxins Week

19 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

There's a counterintuitive case to be made that Burrow with more of a supporting cast could be even more dangerous -- as he would then be equally looking everywhere, rather then trying to "feed his guy" as he referred to Tee last week. 

Glad you mentioned this.

Burrow has hit 6 different receivers for TDs this year.

When they are in the red zone, he is no longer only looking for Ja'Marr.

This makes the Bengals EXTREMELY difficult to defend now.

TEs in the game no longer indicate a running play.

Throw in Yoshi, who has the size of a TE, and it becomes an even bigger problem.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

Glad you mentioned this.

Burrow has hit 6 different receivers for TDs this year.

When they are in the red zone, he is no longer only looking for Ja'Marr.

This makes the Bengals EXTREMELY difficult to defend now.

TEs in the game no longer indicate a running play.

Throw in Yoshi, who has the size of a TE, and it becomes an even bigger problem.

I'm looking forward. to seeing if Drew Sample gets more targets.

If they introduce the offense again as they run out of the tunnel tomorrow, I would

really like to see Drew run out there rather than Irv Smith.

Drew has been here a lot longer and deserves it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I'm looking forward. to seeing if Drew Sample gets more targets.

If they introduce the offense again as they run out of the tunnel tomorrow, I would

really like to see Drew run out there rather than Irv Smith.

Drew has been here a lot longer and deserves it.

I see JB targeting Tanner Hudson more but all 3 TEs should help contribute.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Attrition has taken hold for all teams at this point..

.I look for Iosivas, Irwin, Boyd and the TE unit to produce ..

Dont forget Mixon as he is running beastly.

Big Win Sunday..

Chase will be the main focus. He is listed as questionable, but is still expected to play.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dex said:

If all Chase could do was be a decoy, then he wouldn't be healthy enough to play. WRs get hit and knocked down whether the ball gets thrown their way or not. 

If he can't what he feels is productive sit him for the Ravens.

I think the backup receivers will perform well enough for a win.

Game Day

Getting ready to gear up and head down to the stadium.

Strange week.  Not a lot poppin' on the board and some

major unexpected injuries, Ja'Marr's amount of participation

questionable.  I simply hope Joe Burrow doesn't want to play

toss-and-catch all day with Ja'Marr but he has been great about

spreading the ball around.

Going to be a whole new and different kind of ball game and 

the Texans are pretty much an unknown quantity with the new qb.

See you later.

On 11/10/2023 at 8:46 PM, DanvilleBengal said:

I agree with this, i dont want our guys overlooking a single team whatsoever.  Our poor start (even if it was primarily because of the calf injury on Burrow) put us behind the 8-ball and every game is a playoff game going forward. One slip-up and that is it for our playoff chances.  The only way that we get any leeway going forward is to beat the teams we have to beat. We do that, things will take care of themselves.

I hate it when I'm right at this point--we needed this game, did everything to win it, and we choked. Plain and simple.

And this is a point where CLE actually do us a favor by beating BAL...

We better take this black eye to the face and know we are ready for the Ravens, after the way they lost to the Clowns, we know they we be ready.

Damn it--this is a huge problem. Not only does this make us 1-3 in the conference, this almost certainly will force the Bengals to attemp to run the table going forward. Another letdown like this--and particularly to an AFC team--and the season is a wash.  Being real here.

Edited by DanvilleBengal

13 minutes ago, DanvilleBengal said:

I hate it when I'm right at this point--we needed this game, did everything to win it, and we choked. Plain and simple.

We better take this black eye to the face and know we are ready for the Ravens, after the way they lost to the Clowns, we know they we be ready.

Damn it--this is a huge problem. Not only does this make us 1-3 in the conference, this almost certainly will force the Bengals to attemp to run the table going forward. Another letdown like this--and particularly to an AFC team--and the season is a wash.  Being real here.

No excuse to lose to the Texans they lost to Carolina and aren't that good

2 hours ago, DanvilleBengal said:

Damn it--this is a huge problem. Not only does this make us 1-3 in the conference, this almost certainly will force the Bengals to attempt to run the table going forward. Another letdown like this--and particularly to an AFC team--and the season is a wash.  Being real here.

Absolutely agree, many members (most more in tune with the team than I) are eating crow from this thread, so I'll have my share as well.

That was as good an ass kicking as the Browns gave us week one, and that shit should not be happening this deep into the season if we are contenders.

Bengals are now in a very serious position of a must win Thursday no matter what Zak or anyone else says if we qualify for the playoffs.  Easy as that.

we are literally one game out of a first-place division tie

The Steelers are the only team with no division losses, the Rats and Browns are .500 in the division.

We were not going to win every game from here out. 

What we can not afford to do is lose another division game.

Win all of the division games, win a few outside of the division and we can still take the division.

That's not going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination, but it can be done.

Nobody has run away with this division just yet.

• Upvote 2