BURROW OUT FOR THE YEAR πŸ’”

14 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

just curious what was the most optimistic time frame for Burrow? i doubted we would be viable past the new year, but atm anything (no matter how unlikely) can happen.....Β  Β is a February return date even possible?Β  and if it is... do they risk long term damage for a early return,Β 

since honestly

they managed to get there without him?

Β 

They've already put him on IR and I'm pretty sure it's the season-ending IR, not the one you are allowed to come back from

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

4-6 months must be a common range used by guessing media.Β 
Β 

Bryce Harper was on a 4-6 month guesstimate from TJ surgery and was back playing every day 160 days after.Β 

So he needed the upper end of the range of time. 5 months and a week or two. For a baseball player. Unfortunately this tendon Burrow tore has to simply heal itself without the ability to strengthen adjacent tissue to help as there is no muscle around that ligament you can really build up to expedite the recovery process.Β 

27 minutes ago, IKOTA said:

So he needed the upper end of the range of time. 5 months and a week or two. For a baseball player. Unfortunately this tendon Burrow tore has to simply heal itself without the ability to strengthen adjacent tissue to help as there is no muscle around that ligament you can really build up to expedite the recovery process.Β 

Got it. I suppose I was simply trying to illustrate that elite athletes can healβ€”along with rehabβ€”in an amazingly shorter time than the average person.Β 

16 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

4-6 months must be a common range used by guessing media.Β 
Β 

Bryce Harper was on a 4-6 month guesstimate from TJ surgery and was back playing every day 160 days after.Β 

Β 

Wow.Β  They were really off!Β  I mean, 160 days!Β  Lol, media hasn't got a clue, do they?Β  ;)

2 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Β 

Wow.Β  They were really off!Β  I mean, 160 days!Β  Lol, media hasn't got a clue, do they?Β  ;)

No, smart guy: I brought up Harper to illustrate how elite athletes can recover in an insanely short period of time.

Β 

And yes, I can count how many days in a month. Except February.Β 

• Upvote 1