BURROW OUT FOR THE YEAR 💔

39 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Jonah Williams got beat badly inside for the play where Clowney injures Burrow ... (a shame as he was improved for the year)

Exactly... I was going to bring that up last night during the game thread

but Jonah has become a minor hero around here.

Better can be had.

15 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Exactly... I was going to bring that up last night during the game thread

but Jonah has become a minor hero around here.

Better can be had.

Instead of eating his contract and drafting an RT they move the crummy LT that wanted to be traded anyway to a brand new position and he gets the freshly minted $250m MVP QB knocked out for the season.

Great work, everybody. Cya next year.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Burrows injury changed that.

Changes a lot, to be certain. My question is: why does this player injury absolutely guarantee a (now) 5-12 season?

Aren’t there other players on the field? All I have read for months, is that this team is “so loaded with talent” that they should waltz easily to Las Vegas. 

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Instead of eating his contract and drafting an RT they move the crummy LT that wanted to be traded anyway to a brand new position and he gets the freshly minted $250m MVP QB knocked out for the season.

Great work, everybody. Cya next year.

Exactly, again!

And don't leave, Mr Dub.

In all my years as a Bengals fan I have never been more down.

I have not exactly stepped back from the cliff but have decided to go to

most of the remaining home games and continue to dig through the mountain

of horse shit looking for a pony.

In McScooter I Trust.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Just tank and draft OL. WTF is going .500 going to do for anyone.

yeah i don't get that continuing to win with no shot at winning in the playoffs is insane, we are about to lose alot of impact guys and drafting at the bottom instead of toward the top isnt going to do us any good. At this point I'm low key hoping we lose every game so we can get as high of a pick as possible so we can restock with players that have a better chance at making an impact as soon as possible. We wont be able to afford to wait on the Myles Murphy's of the world if we want to get where we want to get next year. Not with the amount of guys we are likely to lose.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

Class move from a Chiefs fan, sorry if it has been posted.

https://www.wlwt.com/amp/article/dollar9-for-number-9-bengals-fans-donate-26000-meals-to-kansas-city-nonprofit/39038218

https://www.google.com/search?q=kansas+city+donations+buffalo&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

https://fox4kc.com/sports/chiefs/bills-mafia-donates-to-kansas-city-hospital-following-win/amp/

For all the jawing that goes on between the fan bases of these 3 teams, some good 😊 comes out of it. ❤️

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

yeah i don't get that continuing to win with no shot at winning in the playoffs is insane, we are about to lose alot of impact guys and drafting at the bottom instead of toward the top isnt going to do us any good. At this point I'm low key hoping we lose every game so we can get as high of a pick as possible so we can restock with players that have a better chance at making an impact as soon as possible. We wont be able to afford to wait on the Myles Murphy's of the world if we want to get where we want to get next year. Not with the amount of guys we are likely to lose.

If they can’t draft…what good is the draft? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Changes a lot, to be certain. My question is: why does this player injury absolutely guarantee a (now) 5-12 season?

Aren’t there other players on the field? All I have read for months, is that this team is “so loaded with talent” that they should waltz easily to Las Vegas. 

Maybe they'll win the SB this year.

Better?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

If they can’t draft…what good is the draft? 

They are decent at drafting at the top of the draft. They need to work on drafting when we are at the lower end. It's not a matter of what good is the draft, it's a matter of the still missing infrastructure (lowest number of scouts) to allow them to find the gems at the bottom of the draft. The idea here is you want your coaches focused on coaching as deep into the year as they can and letting your scouts do their job so that when the coaches are done with the season they can hit the ground running instead of having to play catchup. The talent that can impact your team right away is closer to the top of the draft than at the bottom or mid. How may years did we have issues finding good talent to go around Andy because Andy was good enough to get us to the playoffs, but not good enough to win in them, and the team around him was just as mid as he was?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

There is alot of talent on the team currently, but we are not the 49ners where the talent is so deep it can make Mr. Irrelevent, relevant. 

And alot of that talent is going to go into FA this offseason.