WEEK 16: @ SQUEELERS (GameDey thread)

Alright.....  The bandwagon fans are self-identifying themselves.

When times were good, all the old timer fans sauntered back into the forums expecting to be hailed as returning champions - and just as quickly those asshats disappeared again, confirming them as no better than bandwagonners.

You n00bs... yeah, the team crapped the bed today but they're STILL IN THE MIX for the post-season.  If all you want to do is celebrate when things go well and consign the team to the ash-heap when they don't, then youre welcome to fo find another team's bandwagon to hone those skills.

And I'm serious about giving me your tickets. Lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Alright.....  The bandwagon fans are self-identifying themselves.

When times were good, all the old timer fans sauntered back into the forums expecting to be hailed as returning champions - and just as quickly those asshats disappeared again, confirming them as no better than bandwagonners.

You n00bs... yeah, the team crapped the bed today but they're STILL IN THE MIX for the post-season.  If all you want to do is celebrate when things go well and consign the team to the ash-heap when they don't, then youre welcome to fo find another team's bandwagon to hone those skills.

And I'm serious about giving me your tickets. Lol.

Reality will kick you in the teeth next week.

Losses to pissburgh hurt TWICE as much as losses to other teams because of the beatings we have received from them over the past 50 fucking years.  Not just on the scoreboard, but the fact that they have traditionally physically beaten up our players (ala Hines Ward and Joey Porter).

I don't blame everyone for being pissed off--I fucking HATE losing to those assholes.

I won't be posting any articles this week about the shit show today because I want to forget about it ASAP.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jamie_B said:

Reality will kick you in the teeth next week.

I guess we'll see...I'm more confident about beating the Chiefs then I was about beating the "nothing to lose, everything to gain, pissed off due to losing streak, division rival, always tough against us, and their super bowl" Stealers.  Honestly before today, I thought the hardest game to win of the remaining three would be against the Stealers.  Their injuries and lack of expectations just seemed to give them more focus and drive...kinda like it did for us the previous few weeks.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, esjbh2 said:

I guess we'll see...I'm more confident about beating the Chiefs then I was about beating the "nothing to lose, everything to gain, pissed off due to losing streak, division rival, always tough against us, and their super bowl" Stealers.  Honestly before today, I thought the hardest game to win of the remaining three would be against the Stealers.  Their injuries and lack of expectations just seemed to give them more focus and drive...kinda like it did for us the previous few weeks.

and the browns defense is good but they have given up a ton of points on the road

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

Losses to pissburgh hurt TWICE as much as losses to other teams because of the beatings we have received from them over the past 50 fucking years.  Not just on the scoreboard, but the fact that they have traditionally physically beaten up our players (ala Hines Ward and Joey Porter).

I don't blame everyone for being pissed off--I fucking HATE losing to those assholes.

Yeah, I really hate that part too...my biggest wish every season, regardless of how good or bad we are, is that we beat the Stealers.  The fact that Pickens had his best game ever was also a kick in the balls...so he'll be a f-ing hero now after being a media devil earlier in the week...uggghhhhh.

• Upvote 1

So, y'all would rather tank than fight?

Or, at least, Cricket and Jupiter and Duluhose and Jamie.

Anyone else?  May as well your cards on the table now.....

It's as simple as this.

You either believe this team has a chance or you don't.

I've seen enough to see that Jake has come back down to earth and the defense is really really bad. 

So the question then is if you don't believe the team can get into let alone win in the playoffs, why would you want to win meaningless games and get have to draft later in the draft?

I'm thinking about the long game here at this point, not about this season, this season is a wash. It's just going to be official next week.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Okay.  No margin of error.  We gotta win out, talk MIA and HOU into winning their divisions, and make sure that DEN, IND, JAX and BUF all lose at least once.  Do that, we're in as #7.  If PIT loses a game, #6.

And I'm having difficulty understanding why certain folks are complaining about me for this.  If I had stated that if I let go of a hammer it will fall to the ground, would that get the same response?  My quoted post is a statement of fact.... if we want to make the playoffs, we gotta win out and get help.

Are y'all denying that as a fact or are you saying that you hope it doesn't happen?

You know, I hope you're wrong, but it seems like you hope you're right.

That's a pretty big difference.

There is hope, and there is being delusional.

What exactly have you seen from this team that makes you think we are going to beat the Chiefs? Sure their offense has struggled this year, but we just let a 3rd string QB that had not played in 2 years have a career game against us. You think Mahomes is not going to carve us alive? 

This hope does not make one a better fan, it just makes you blind to what the reality of this team is. 

We are not a good football team this year. There is nothing wrong with coming to that admission. 

• Upvote 1

All things considered I think we've played above anything we had a right to expect this season. I've enjoyed it. Looks like we aren't going to get to the promised land, but we've put up a hell of a fight. I'm not throwing any of the players or coaches under the bus. Hopefully we'll get 'em next year if we are indeed done this year.

Still my team.

Who Dey!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

It's as simple as this.

You either believe this team has a chance or you don't.

I've seen enough to see that Jake has come back down to earth and the defense is really really bad. 

So the question then is if you don't believe the team can get into let alone win in the playoffs, why would you want to win meaningless games and get have to draft later in the draft?

I'm thinking about the long game here at this point, not about this season, this season is a wash. It's just going to be official next week.

In other words, "tank".  You want us to lose rather than make the playoffs.

Got it.

Thanks for explaining your rooting interests for me. I appreciate the clarity.

6 minutes ago, BengalBacker said:

All things considered I think we've played above anything we had a right to expect this season. I've enjoyed it. Looks like we aren't going to get to the promised land, but we've put up a hell of a fight. I'm not throwing any of the players or coaches under the bus. Hopefully we'll get 'em next year if we are indeed done this year.

Still my team.

Who Dey!

All said, had the bleeding stopped at Joe, I think we go to the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

I won't be posting any articles this week about the shit show today because I want to forget about it ASAP.

We are not bandwagon fans, that is laughable.  Why would a bandwagon fan spend years on this board?  

Most of us are realists though.  Is there a small chance we can still make the playoffs?  Yeah but extremely unlikely.  That said most of us would love to see us win out.   

At the end of the day, the organization still needs to do better.  Letting Burrow play the first 4 games was dumb.  Jake could have won a game or 2.  Would have made a huge difference.   Add in we have had, to date, the hardest SOS of ANY team so we needed to play a bit smarter.  The latest injuries were killers. 

Also, Jake Browning has played great for a backup.   Can’t really ask for more.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

We are not bandwagon fans, that is laughable.  Why would a bandwagon fan spend years on this board?  

Most of us are realists though.  Is there a small chance we can still make the playoffs?  Yeah but extremely unlikely.  That said most of us would love to see us win out.   

At the end of the day, the organization still needs to do better.  Letting Burrow play the first 4 games was dumb.  Jake could have won a game or 2.  Would have made a huge difference.   Add in we have had, to date, the hardest SOS of ANY team so we needed to play a bit smarter.  The latest injuries were killers. 

Also, Jake Browning has played great for a backup.   Can’t really ask for more.  

Totally agree..

for me its the constant shotgun formation ,  the Stealers have always ran an aggressive defense  and a shotgun offense is not the way to beat it. under the center, run game and play action to compliment it.  our tackles always get burnt because we set them up to get burnt, their outside rushers strength is to spread wide and make the tackles play angle out,   draws and screens dont work cause the backers sit in a zone and cover that..  sad offensive  gameplan .

• Upvote 1