Kermit and Travis Swift Week

On 12/28/2023 at 9:03 PM, AmishBengalFan said:

For the record:

- As tiring as it is to always see the predictable cutaway to the VIP booth whenever the Chefs do something commendable on the field, I get why the networks are doing this. They're catering (pandering?) to the demographic that wants to see it - teens and non-football chicks. They're taking the opportunity they've been gifted with and are running with it.  I don't doubt that a percentage of "Swifties" tune in to Chefs games specifically to see her.

- I don't mind her rooting for her boyfriend. If I were a Homosexual Man and had a boyfriend playing football, I would cheer like a junior high girl when he did something good, too.  Sure, she's in her 30s and it's not a great look, but when she's shown next to Mahomes' wife, even acting all sophomoric likes that still makes her look like the "adult in the room."

- I have to admit, until recently I had no idea who she was.  I even saw those Capital One commercials where some girl picks out a cardigan sweater and didn't have a clue that that was a pop culture reference.  Now, thanks to the NFL, there's no doubt that I know who she is.  So add her own marketing to that done by the NFL and the networks, and it seems like there's no segment of the population left out of the equation.  If someone like me now knows who Taylor Swift is on sight, how many non-football TV viewers now know who the Chefs (and their opponents) also are in sight?  More exposure equals more fans equals more revenue equals higher salary cap numbers.

No, I don't get all "swoony" when they show her on TV, and I cringe when I see things like that handshake thing she did with Mrs Mahomes, but at least I know it's coming.

Swift is the essence of Pop right now.

Her style suits millions of fans.

She's attractively awkward looking...

By Josh Alper

Published December 30, 2023 04:42 PM

Chiefs running back Isiah Pacheco is reportedly set to play on Sunday.

Pacheco was listed as questionable by the team on Friday because of a shoulder injury and the concussion he suffered against the Raiders on Christmas, but Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that he has cleared the concussion protocol. As a result, Pacheco is expected to be in the lineup against the Bengals.

Pacheco leads the Chiefs with eight touchdowns on the season, so they’ll be happy to have him on hand as they try to lock up the AFC West with a win.

The Chiefs also listed Clyde Edwards-Helaire as questionable on Friday due to an illness. La’Mical Perine is the only other back on the 53-man roster.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/cincinnati-bengals

By Myles Simmons

Published December 30, 2023 01:23 PM

The Chiefs will get some help at receiver for Sunday’s game against the Bengals.

Kansas City announced the club has activated Mecole Hardman off of injured reserve and removed his questionable designation, so he’s set to play in Week 17.

Hardman has missed the last five games with a thumb injury. He’s appeared in four games with the Chiefs this season since the team brought him back from the Jets, catching eight passes for 41 yards.

With Skyy Moore on injured reserve and Kadarius Toney out again with a hip injury, Hardman could be a key factor in Kansas City’s offensive approach on Sunday.

As a corresponding move, the Chiefs have waived defensive tackle Matt Dickerson from the 53-man roster.

Kansas City has also elevated running back Keaontay Ingram and defensive tackle Mike Pennell from the practice squad to the active roster for Sunday. Running backs Isiah Pacheco (concussion/shoulder) and Clyde Edwards-Helaire (illness) are both questionable with Jerick McKinnon on IR.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/cincinnati-bengals

3 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Isobel's GameDay artwork this week pokes fun at the harlot in the balcony...

20231229_194128.jpg

...and the child in the baby carriage throwing a tantrum.

What's the significance of Annie Wikes and a baby buggy?

There's no child in it..

Don't get the fur pelts either..

What am I missing?

Care to give your thoughts?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

What's the significance of Annie Wikes and a baby buggy?

There's no child in it..

Don't get the fur pelts either..

What am I missing?

Care to give your thoughts?

image.thumb.png.8d5ebbfafcadadb008059595a0f65726.png

Chefs mascot.

Baby refers to tremper tantrums thrown by Mahomes et al after the last game, I would assume.

Feathers in the headband omitted in reference.

Persobnally, I don't care for the Taylor Swift bar girl inference.

• Upvote 1

Report: Ja’Marr Chase is likely to play against Chiefs

Published December 31, 2023 08:55 AM

Bengals wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase had some harsh words for the Chiefs secondary this week and it looks like he will have the chance to back them up with his play.

Chase was listed as questionable to face the Chiefs because of a shoulder injury that kept him from playing last week and kept him from practicing on Wednesday this week. Chase returned to practice on Thursday and Friday, though, and Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports he’s likely to play in Kansas City on Sunday afternoon.

Chase said this week that “nothing” stands out about the Chiefs secondary and said he’s not worried about adding “fire to the fuel” with his words. That confidence may come from Chase’s past experience against the Chiefs. He has 29 catches for 527 yards and 3 touchdowns in four games against Kansas City, including a Bengals-record 266 receiving yards in a 2021 game against them.

Assuming Chase is in the lineup, that sets the stage for a matchup that’s going to be a major talking point after the game one way or another.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jamarr-chase-is-likely-to-play-against-chiefs

• Upvote 1

I'm almost as amped for this game as a Super Bowl.

Not as much cheap drama bull puckey hype although 

Taylor "Game Day Experience" Swift it there but it

is kind of like Super Bowl Lite for me.

Late lunch at Lawrenceberger and settle in for the evening

in front of the TV, laptop at hand.

Sounds good to me.

• Upvote 1

The media still trying to create some drama over Chase's benign statements lol. Fuck outta here with that. 

I'm gonna take down the Christmas tree & decorations during the early games and then I will also settle in for the evening for our game & a nice drink or 2. It doesn't even feel like NYE to me, just another night. But I am not a whipper snapper anymore. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, saphead said:

I'm gonna take down the Christmas tree & decorations during the early games and then I will also settle in for the evening for our game & a nice drink or 2. It doesn't even feel like NYE to me, just another night. But I am not a whipper snapper anymore. 

Here, tradition dictates that the Bengals tree stays up until Epiphany, the end of our season, or whenever I get around to it... whichever is later.

FB_IMG_1703096263098.jpg

• Like 1