How many holes are there to fill?

These are the locks I see. 5 starters are definitely back on offense and 8 back on defense. Hill, Volson, and Turner will all likely start but can't lock them in with their play this year. 

QB Burrow 29 Browning 24  
RB   Brown 27  
WR Chase 26 Iosivas 27  
WR      
WR   Jones 27  
TE      
LT Brown 27    
LG   Volson 26  
C Karras 25    
RG Cappa 26    
RT      

K McPherson 25    
P      
LS Adomitis 24    

LE Hubbard 26 Sample 25  
LT      
RT Hill 25    
RE Hendrickson 26 Murphy 27  
WLB Pratt 26    
MLB Wilson 28    
SLB      
S Battle 27 Anderson 27  
S   Hill 27  
CB Taylor-Britt 26 Turner 27  
CB   Ivey 27  
NB Hilton 25 Davis 25  

That's 27 of a 53 already locked in. Add 9 draft picks and you have 36 of the 53. 

If you take into account who I assume is back it jumps to 40 and 49

QB Burrow 29 Browning 24    
RB   Brown 27    
WR Chase 26 Iosivas 27    
WR Higgins 24 Irwin 24    
WR Jones 27      
TE Sample 24 Hudson 24 Wilcox 24  
LT Brown 27 Carman 25    
LG Volson 26      
C Karras 25 Scharping 24    
RG Cappa 26 Ford 24    
RT        

K McPherson 25      
P        
LS Adomitis 24      

LE Hubbard 26 Sample 25 Ossai 25  
LT        
RT Hill 25   Carter 26  
RE Hendrickson 26 Murphy 27    
WLB Pratt 26 Bachie 24 Harper 26  
MLB Wilson 28      
SLB        
S Battle 27 Anderson 27 Scott 26  
S Hill 27      
CB Taylor-Britt 26      
CB Turner 27 Ivey 27    
NB Hilton 25 Davis 25    

I was certain Hurst, Bell, and Perrine were back. That proved wrong. We are likely to start the offseason with this as our roster

QB Burrow 29 Browning 24    
RB Mixon 25 Brown 27 Evans 25 Felton
WR Chase 26 Lassiter Jackson  
WR Iosivas 27 Morgan    
WR Jones 27 Pryor    
TE        
LT Brown 27 Carman 25 Cochran 24  
LG Volson 26      
C Karras 25 Hill 25 Gilliam  
RG Cappa 26 Kirkland 26    
RT Smith 25      

K McPherson 25      
P Robbins 27      
LS Adomitis 24      

LE Hubbard 26 Sample 25 Ossai 25  
LT Tufele 25 Bell 25 Maxwell 26  
RT Hill 25 Carter 26 Davis  
RE Hendrickson 26 Murphy 27 Gunter  
WLB Pratt 26 Harper 26 Johnston  
MLB Wilson 28 Heyward    
SLB        
S Battle 27 Scott 26    
S Hill 27 Anderson 27    
CB Taylor-Britt 26 Ivey 27 Jones  
CB Turner 27 George    
NB Hilton 25 Davis 25    

Needs get a little more clear here. 
QB-No Need
RB-Mixon back or do we save 5.75M
WR-Way too much youth
TE-The room is empty but I expect all of them back
OL-We haven't developed any depth through the draft
DE-Room will be tough to break into
DT-Room will be easy to break into
LB-Depth
S-Will add a veteran
CB-Probably 5 of the 6 spots are locked down for next year

• Upvote 1

On offense we're missing starters at 2 WR positions, TE, and RT. I doubt Mixon is back. Given our other holes, I don't think there is any doubt that Volson starts against next season at LG. 

On defense, we need a NT and a CB to replace Reader and Awuzie. We could also use depth at DT and LB.

My guess is they tag Tee, and re-sign Irwin, Hudson, D Sample, Adomitis, Bailey, and Bachie without much trouble. They'll make Jones or Iosivas the replacement for Boyd, and Turner a starter to replace Chido. Dax Hill will certainly be a starter. Brown will likely replace Mixon as the starter.

That leaves RT, NT, and maybe CB where we need new players of starter quality. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, saphead said:

I can't stop thinking about that little snow bunny outfit to even think about a roster right now. 

But you’re still thinking about holes to fill though…

#giggity

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elflocko said:

But you’re still thinking about holes to fill though…

#giggity

Beats getting mad because an attractive twentysomething has a relatively modest (by modern standards) social media presence. Like.. Have you tried not looking at it? Maybe not scrolling through every pic? As an option.

:liberalmedia:

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Beats getting mad because an attractive twentysomething has a relatively modest (by modern standards) social media presence. Like.. Have you tried not looking at it? Maybe not scrolling through every pic? As an option.

:liberalmedia:

But can she block?...,😎

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I would add in FS because I think they want to let Hill range more. So they will want a starting capable player. 

Hill is a free safety, he just had some issues with his tackling this season. Though not as many as Nick Scott at strong safety. It seems clear that Battle will be starting at the strong side next season. 

9 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Hill is a free safety, he just had some issues with his tackling this season. Though not as many as Nick Scott at strong safety. It seems clear that Battle will be starting at the strong side next season. 

It wasn't just his tackling.

His issues were where he was on the field during pass plays.

Seemed lost alot.

I watched him all year and didn't see improvement from game 1 to the finale.

I think with his speed (4.28) he could move into the slot if Hilton leaves.

If not then see how he looks in camp

to determine if he's right for the FS spot.

I'm assuming Bengals will draft another FS type to challenge him

and add depth..

24 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

His angles and decision making were terrible at times. He gave up both browns tds and Anarumo said that he was at fault on the big gain for the Chiefs. Anauromo was very frustrated stating that it was a scheme they had run a ton and he just went the wrong way. An easy read

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

His angles and decision making were terrible at times. He gave up both browns tds and Anarumo said that he was at fault on the big gain for the Chiefs. Anauromo was very frustrated stating that it was a scheme they had run a ton and he just went the wrong way. An easy read

Still say it they'll look for a FS in the draft.

I just don't trust his play . yet 

• Upvote 1

Filling all these needs with starter-quality rookies is entirely unrealistic.  I think the Brown family etc are going to have to come to grips with spending close to the cap if they want to go anywhere other than extended ski vacations in the Alps come December.

Frankly not convinced they're all-in like that.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Filling all these needs with starter-quality rookies is entirely unrealistic.  I think the Brown family etc are going to have to come to grips with spending close to the cap if they want to go anywhere other than extended ski vacations in the Alps come December.

Frankly not convinced they're all-in like that.  Part of me still thinks they intend to ride Burrow for as long he can keep them relevant.  If he somehow Supermans them into a Superbowl win that's great, but I can't shake the impression they're always weighing that against Ivy League tuition for the great-grandkids.

Fact is  owning an NFL franchise is how the entire extended Brown/Blackburn/Whoever clan intend to support their 1% lifestyles indefinitely and it's hard for me as a fan to trust that. There's a finite number of jobs and league matching funds to go around, but every generation gets larger. 

Hill will be 3rd year

Battle yr 2

Anderson injury prone

Scott gone.

See no reason not to add youth to the unit.

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Hilton is under contract for 2024 and unlikely to be cut IMO. I could see the team drafting his replacement though. I'd take Mikey Sainristil in round 4 if he lasts that long.

There is absolute zero chance the team cuts Mike Hilton.  He may have started the season off slow, but he was the best CB on the field by the end of it. He and Britt are basically the leaders in the 2ndary. I have no idea how anyone could think this.

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Hill will be 3rd year

Battle yr 2

Anderson injury prone

Scott gone.

See no reason not to add youth to the unit.

Sure but they also need a starting RT, starting DT, have to consider Tee's replacement, another starting LB, possibly a starting TE, punter's questionable... Then we want to add one or more DB's to the list?

They'd be lucky to get any 2 of those in the draft.  Unless someone's offering 3 first round picks for Browning it just ain't happening.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Sure but they also need a starting RT, starting DT, have to consider Tee's replacement, another starting LB, possibly a starting TE, punter's questionable... Then we want to add one or more DB's to the list?

They'd be lucky to get any 2 of those in the draft.  Unless someone's offering 3 first round picks for Browning it just ain't happening.

Agree on all..

Katy will be at candlelight late nights trying to put it all together.

I trust she will.

• Like 1