4 hours ago, texbengal said:

I'm not really surprised... Mims really hasn't played a lot. In contrast, the other guys all have been multi-year starters, so there's more to evaluate.

Not saying Mims won't be great - time will tell - but he's more of a projection, and given his relative inexperience, more of a "project."

I see Guyton and Paul on the same light as Mims.

Players I think may prove good but 

not in the mode of the top 4..

Alt

Fashanu

Fuaga 

Lathem

Mims

Guyton

Paul

Plenty to choose from but a Top 5 would be good..

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Not sure why Latham gets so much love.  You'd think people would have learned the danger of drafting Alabama O-line in round 1 after Evan Neal, Chance Warmack, Alex Leatherwood. Is Jonah Williams the best first rounder from Bama this century?

Had to be some good ones 

in there as well.

No?

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Thanks for posting.  Just saw that and... rather like it and Gee-off's thinking and

would like to see it happen.

Would like to see how he thinks the rest of the first round will play out and into the second.

I would be happy with Murphy and trading up in the second for the best sliding O lineman out there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Had to be some good ones 

in there as well.

No?

Yes. Jedrick Willis (Cleveland) has been up and down, but overall he's a solid tackle. He was lost for the season with a knee injury last fall. The C-G from the Eagles, Landon Dickerson, is a good player when healthy. He had an ACL tear in the BCS a few years ago, and he's been nicked some in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, texbengal said:

Yes. Jedrick Willis (Cleveland) has been up and down, but overall he's a solid tackle. He was lost for the season with a knee injury last fall. The C-G from the Eagles, Landon Dickerson, is a good player when healthy. He had an ACL tear in the BCS a few years ago, and he's been nicked some in the NFL. 

Which is why I don't emphasis all Bama linemen in the sam boat.

If they have the opportunity to draft him I'm good.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

If his Pro Day shows hes ok probably not.

Right. I'd guess he'll be at the Combine for interviews, and the medicals - which will show how well he's healed. And hey, at least we know he plays hurt! 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JC said:

Yikes.

Right. Two guys that aren't great comps - Flowers and Jawaan Taylor. I mean, Taylor is just OK, but Flowers wilted in the NFL (see what I did there?)

I seem to recall that the Bengals were supposedly interested in Taylor when he was coming out of Florida. 

• Upvote 1

^ There was always a belief that Alabama players didn't make great pros because Sabin rode them raw and they were damaged goods by the time they ran through his gauntlet. I would love to see some data on it.

It seems like certain teams love taking Bama guys (NE, Baltimore). Philly likes taking Georgia guys. Cincinnati generally likes SEC more broadly and Big10 if Michigan/Ohio St. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

^ There was always a belief that Alabama players didn't make great pros because Sabin rode them raw and they were damaged goods by the time they ran through his gauntlet. I would love to see some data on it.

It seems like certain teams love taking Bama guys (NE, Baltimore). Philly likes taking Georgia guys. Cincinnati generally likes SEC more broadly and Big10 if Michigan/Ohio St. 

I've heard that about Alabama, too. I've also seen the argument that they get coached up hard and well, and their upside from what they showed in college to the pros is limited. 

Other schools had the rep that they had great college players who were coddled in college (looking at you, U of Texas), and others that had overrated college talent that got exposed in the pros (Penn St and Notre Dame had that rep for awhile, but not so much any more as they have put a lot of talent into the NFL lately). I guess like most things, stuff runs in cycles. 

But yeah, the Bengals seem to love those SEC boys and Michigan has been good to them, too, 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Please don't draft Latham. There are plenty of good tackles in this draft, let's not pick one who's destined to bust. 

Destined to bust?

Then why is he rated so high among rook tackles?

He's not Taylor or Flowers

He's JC Lathem ...

Different animal.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

Don’t know if it’s already been mentioned or not but Matt Miller only has 16 players in this draft with a true first round grade..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39163371/2024-nfl-draft-board-prospects-first-round-grades-comps

What u say ?

I say more.

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

Just watched a clip video & he's back on his heels a lot in pass pro.  Also grabbing a lot of jersey but IDK, in the current NFL that might be a good thing. 

A lot of wins by virtue of simply being bigger than the guy he's blocking.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

What u say ?

I say more.

18-20 at most. 

This OT class is nowhere near as good as the draft gurus have made them out to be. Not saying guys won’t go early but I think most of them are going to struggle mightily if thrown out there right away. 

• Like 1