21 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Wait... wot?  Black Jesus is not only a real person but also exists and you have seen him?

Many years ago, several of us met up in "CincifuckinJacksonville" (Go was there too). 😎

But I also met up with a few posters like Jamie and others in DC many years ago as well. Seems like several lifetimes ago though. 👴

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dex said:

Plenty of rumors that the Stealers have already settled on Mims with pick 20

... Nightmare scenario for me. Watching Mims potentially be a 8 time pro bowler for the piss hankies, knowing that he could have been a Bengal. 💔 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texbengal said:

If Latham is gone (my first choice), I'd be happy with Fautanu or Barton or Fuaga... Barton has been a multl-year starter at Duke, some at center and most at LT. Smart kid, versatile. Good athlete - moves well, so he'd upgrade the OL that way. From what I've read and heard, he's very well-regarded by NFL scouts/personnel weenies for his tenacity and his technique. Supposedly arms are shorter than ideal. But personally, I wouldn't mind that pick one bit. 

6'5" 313lbs..arm..32 7/8".

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

That's my concern for Barton if he's playing anything other than center, where short arms might even be preferable. 

But on the outside at OT, short arms are a huge liability (see Jonah). In a year where there are 36" arms (Mims and Paul) and 35" arms (Latham) going for 32-33" just seems like a self-inflicted wound waiting to happen. 

Yes....34" should be the bare minimum for OTs..

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Give me Mims pls.

Fautanu is worthy.

Graham Barton is getting more praise as time goes on...

What u think about Barton here?

Barton is expected to be an interior player, most likely at center. Karras is going into the final year of his contract. Trey Hill hasn't shown anything in 3 years and Max Scharping is currently still a free agent. So drafting a center at some point seems likely. But I doubt it's the first round and if we did take one, I'd think Jackson Powers-Jackson is more likely. This is a pretty good draft class for centers and we could always just extend Karras for a year or two, so it's not a high priority compared to RT.

• Upvote 1

One interesting aspect to me about this draft is there are players who I like at their primary position, but love them at their secondary or potential position.

For instance, I like Latham and Fautanu at OT, but I love them both as guards. 

I like Darius Robinson as a DE, but I love him as a DT (even more than Newton tbh). 

I like Barton as a G, but I love him as a C. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

For instance, I like Latham and Fautanu at OT, but I love them both as guards. 

If there is one area the Bengals should change…it’s the constant attempts to make natural tackles into guards. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

If there is one area the Bengals should change…it’s the constant attempts to make natural tackles into guards. 

... I would argue the Bengals do it in reverse. They took a short arm "natural guard" (Jonah) and tried to play him at tackle. 

To me body measurements, arm length, mobility, strength, athleticism, and weight distribution determine "natural" position in the NFL more than what someone played in college. 

• Upvote 1

It would be glorious if the Bengals took both Mims and Maason Smith in Rds 1-2 before the Squeelers could get either of them. 😆 

The Bengals had both of them in for visits and they would both fill needs (OT, DT).

IMG_20240413_024640.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

... I would argue the Bengals do it in reverse. They took a short arm "natural guard" (Jonah) and tried to play him at tackle. 

To me body measurements, arm length, mobility, strength, athleticism, and weight distribution determine "natural" position in the NFL more than what someone played in college. 

A lot depends, I suppose.

But Jonah was a consensus All-American tackle at Alabama—with a throwing QB. Pass blocking was obviously comfortable for him. 

Carman was an anchor LT for Sunshine at Clemson. It’s what he played. 

Whitworth was a natural tackle at LSU. The Bengals tried to jam him at guard initially. It didn’t work. 

1000 Whatabouts for all kinds of players. Not sure metrics always fit 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

A lot depends, I suppose.

But Jonah was a consensus All-American tackle at Alabama—with a throwing QB. Pass blocking was obviously comfortable for him. 

Carman was an anchor LT for Sunshine at Clemson. It’s what he played. 

Whitworth was a natural tackle at LSU. The Bengals tried to jam him at guard initially. It didn’t work. 

1000 Whatabouts for all kinds of players. Not sure metrics always fit 

agree with most - but I don’t on Whit. He was a really good guard…. Just provided more value at T, which is what he played at LSU. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

It would be glorious if the Bengals took both Mims and Maason Smith in Rds 1-2 before the Squeelers could get either of them. 😆 

The Bengals had both of them in for visits and they would both fill needs (OT, DT).

IMG_20240413_024640.jpg

maybe it’s me, but I don’t get what “more than more of them” means. Either predictive text got him, or “more than more” is some Pittsburgh slang. 

Is there a position in this draft that you want the Bengals to avoid?

For me it is safety. They have taken one in the premium rounds in the last drafts, neither of which figures to start this year. They brought in Stone and Vonn Bell to be the starters. They have a special teams ace in Tycen Anderson. So that is already 5 safeties. This isn't even a good year for safeties. What prompted this rant was a local media draft that had the Bengals taking 2 safeties, including one in the 3rd round. NOPE, please.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, texbengal said:

maybe it’s me, but I don’t get what “more than more of them” means. Either predictive text got him, or “more than more” is some Pittsburgh slang. 

Probably meant to say “…more than one of them” and just didn’t bother to proofread it.  :shrug:  

6 hours ago, texbengal said:

Inbreds talk a lil differently..😎

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If there was one area I would change it’s the constant picking of shit OL and trying to make them good. 

They try ..

Have you seen any linemen coached up under Pollack?

I may be too hard on him and I don't know his teaching techniques but 

Damn!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dex said:

Is there a position in this draft that you want the Bengals to avoid?

For me it is safety. They have taken one in the premium rounds in the last drafts, neither of which figures to start this year. They brought in Stone and Vonn Bell to be the starters. They have a special teams ace in Tycen Anderson. So that is already 5 safeties. This isn't even a good year for safeties. What prompted this rant was a local media draft that had the Bengals taking 2 safeties, including one in the 3rd round. NOPE, please.

Safety followed by LB followed by WR (unless Tee is traded).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gupps said:

Safety followed by LB followed by WR (unless Tee is traded).

Why wouldn't you want a WR? The draft is incredibly deep with them. The Bengals have to replace Boyd this year and likely Higgins next year. That to me is a double dip position, maybe a WR on Day Two and another one on Day Three.

• Like 1