Random 2024 Bengals related stuff

You know I had no real idea what a quality control coach does so I went to look it up, from Wiki.

A quality control coach is a member of the coaching staff of a gridiron football team whose primary job is preparing the team for a game, beginning sometimes two or three weeks before the actual game.[1] Their primary duties include preparing for the game by analyzing game film for statistical analysis.

Quality control coach is typically an entry-level position for National Football League (NFL) coaches before moving on to positional jobs and coordinator positions. Several head coaches, such as Jon Gruden, Ron Rivera, and Robert Saleh began their coaching career in quality control.[2][3] The first full-time female coach in NFL history, Kathryn Smith, was hired as a quality control coach by the Buffalo Bills in 2016.[4]

There are three different types of quality control teams: offensive, defensive, and special teams. Offensive quality control will chart the upcoming teams' defense for various down and distance situations, field positions and how many times they use particular personnel groupings. Defensive quality control will do similar analysis of the offense. Special teams quality control will figure out what players are used in various special situations such as kickoff and punt.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

You know I had no real idea what a quality control coach does so I went to look it up, from Wiki.

A quality control coach is a member of the coaching staff of a gridiron football team whose primary job is preparing the team for a game, beginning sometimes two or three weeks before the actual game.[1] Their primary duties include preparing for the game by analyzing game film for statistical analysis.

Quality control coach is typically an entry-level position for National Football League (NFL) coaches before moving on to positional jobs and coordinator positions. Several head coaches, such as Jon Gruden, Ron Rivera, and Robert Saleh began their coaching career in quality control.[2][3] The first full-time female coach in NFL history, Kathryn Smith, was hired as a quality control coach by the Buffalo Bills in 2016.[4]

There are three different types of quality control teams: offensive, defensive, and special teams. Offensive quality control will chart the upcoming teams' defense for various down and distance situations, field positions and how many times they use particular personnel groupings. Defensive quality control will do similar analysis of the offense. Special teams quality control will figure out what players are used in various special situations such as kickoff and punt.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Joe Goodberry, Who I like, said on Hoards podcast that this was the most important offseason in Bengals history.....I think that's absurd hyperbole. 

At worst we return. 

QB Burrow 29 Browning 24    
RB Mixon 25 Brown 27   Evans 25
WR Chase 26 Iosivas 27 Jackson  
WR     Lassiter  
WR   Jones 27 Pryor  
TE        
LT Brown 27 Carman 25    
LG Volson 26      
C Karras 25 Hill 25 Gilliam  
RG Cappa 26   Kirkland  
RT   Smith 25 Cochran 25  

K McPherson 25      
P Robbins 27      
LS Adomitis 24      

LE Hubbard 26 Sample 25 Ossai 25 Gunter
LT Hill 25   Maxwell 26 Bell 25
RT   Carter 26 Tufele 25 Davis
RE Hendrickson 26 Murphy 27    
WLB Pratt 26     Heyward
MLB Wilson 28   Harper 26  
SLB        
S Battle 27 Scott 26    
S Hill 27 Anderson 27    
CB Taylor-Britt 26   George  
CB Turner 27 Ivey 27    
NB Hilton 25 Davis 25    

That's a playoff team

You worry about your weapons and your DTs. You worry about your RT. But there have been super bowl teams with this level of talent right here. Great QB, Elite WR, Decent OL with one weakness, elite pass rusher, stud Corner. To me this is a can miss offseason.  It's an easy one. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Joe Goodberry, Who I like, said on Hoards podcast that this was the most important offseason in Bengals history.....I think that's absurd hyperbole. 

At worst we return. 

QB Burrow 29 Browning 24    
RB Mixon 25 Brown 27   Evans 25
WR Chase 26 Iosivas 27 Jackson  
WR     Lassiter  
WR   Jones 27 Pryor  
TE        
LT Brown 27 Carman 25    
LG Volson 26      
C Karras 25 Hill 25 Gilliam  
RG Cappa 26   Kirkland  
RT   Smith 25 Cochran 25  

K McPherson 25      
P Robbins 27      
LS Adomitis 24      

LE Hubbard 26 Sample 25 Ossai 25 Gunter
LT Hill 25   Maxwell 26 Bell 25
RT   Carter 26 Tufele 25 Davis
RE Hendrickson 26 Murphy 27    
WLB Pratt 26     Heyward
MLB Wilson 28   Harper 26  
SLB        
S Battle 27 Scott 26    
S Hill 27 Anderson 27    
CB Taylor-Britt 26   George  
CB Turner 27 Ivey 27    
NB Hilton 25 Davis 25    

That's a playoff team

You worry about your weapons and your DTs. You worry about your RT. But there have been super bowl teams with this level of talent right here. Great QB, Elite WR, Decent OL with one weakness, elite pass rusher, stud Corner. To me this is a can miss offseason.  It's an easy one. 

I didn't hear his argument but the statement could be true. The Bengals have never won the Super Bowl, but with a good offseason, it's an achievable goal. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I think it's one of the most important offseasons we've had in a while. We need to hit on the draft picks in the same way Baltimore did a couple of years ago.

We need to raise the overall talent level and depth with free agents so we're not counting on draft picks to make or break the season.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

We need to raise the overall talent level and depth with free agents so we're not counting on draft picks to make or break the season.

While at the same time finding a way to not end up in cap hell when Joe and Jamar are paid. At some point the draft picks are going to have to be the core of the team and they are going to have to preform.

On 2/23/2024 at 2:51 PM, Griever said:

Previous locker room grade 😬

20240223_145029.jpg

image.thumb.png.c092abd8fa8851bbef3cc48d72e7f4e2.png

It's hard to imagine that an NFL franchise would have these conditions, assuming it's true. They could've temporarily solved the outlets problem with one of these, and plumbing is easy enough to fix, no? (I'm guessing this is the first time a picture of an extension cord has been posted on this site. 😄)

• Upvote 2