Random 2024 Bengals related stuff

38 minutes ago, Griever said:

Even if they don't use this newfound draft capital to trade up, this could be a sweet spot for another position of need (thinking TE or RB)

Interior Oline is my preferece.

• Upvote 1

On 3/11/2024 at 7:25 PM, BlackJesus said:

I'm pleasantly surprised the NFL fixed their mistake so fast. Then again, it took an outside individual catching the error in the first place, to garner the correction. 

Yes..

Many thanks to the Go Bengals board for noting this error the NFL was going to roll with.

Maybe not but I like to think so..😎

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20240317_024319.jpg

IMG_20240317_024336.jpg

Wow. OL is if course vital and without protection doesn't matter how good everyone else is. 

Potentially premium pass rushing defense? Beside Trey, who/how?

Premier LB duo? Really?!

And CB, if we had gotten someone liike Fuller I would have felt better about. 

I look at the team like this:

1) Huge problem on Oline. 

2) Huge problem on D Line with 3 out of 4 positions right now being empty or underperforming. 

3) Woeful run defending LB corp. 

3) Huge question mark in the Defensive backfield, with an uncertainty at CB and a dumpster fire of a previous season at Safety that we hope we've addressed, but who knows?

4) I like Lou but I don't think he's earned Mastermind status. He lost a couple of key pieces last year and the wheels fell off his D. 

We can get over some of these problems, but we need a lot of luck in the draft or some unexpected vet to cut loose and come to us (particularly at OL and DL for me to feel optimistic about improving much over last year. Yes, with Joe Burrow anything is possible. But Joe Burrow has been getting hurt, because Joe Burrow has been getting killed. This is the reason I would trade Tee TODAY for a premier RT. 

10 minutes ago, alleycat said:

Wow. OL is if course vital and without protection doesn't matter how good everyone else is. 

Premier LB duo? Really?!

2) Huge problem on D Line with 3 out of 4 positions right now being empty or underperforming. 

3) Huge question mark in the Defensive backfield, with an uncertainty at CB and a dumpster fire of a previous season at Safety that we hope we've addressed, but who knows?

4) I like Lou but I don't think he's earned Mastermind status. He lost a couple of key pieces last year and the wheels fell off his D. 

We can get over some of these problems, but we need a lot of luck in the draft or some unexpected vet to cut loose and come to us (particularly at OL and DL for me to feel optimistic about improving much over last year. Yes, with Joe Burrow anything is possible. But Joe Burrow has been getting hurt, because Joe Burrow has been getting killed. This is the reason I would trade Tee TODAY for a premier RT. 

They've made some good additions but as you point out have yet to address the two biggest roster needs.

Fact is this was an average team last year, as their record shows.  It's great if people want to hype them up but some of that list was complete nonsense.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, alleycat said:

Premier LB duo? Really?!

Woeful run defending LB corp.

could be debated..

Coverage I could agree on.

• Upvote 1