Random 2024 Bengals related stuff

I went to Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouse in Columbus last night for a company function. I had never been there before, but now I understand why the Bengals choose that restaurant to wine and dine free agents. Even though we had a limited menu, everything I ate was amazing! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 4/20/2024 at 10:38 PM, Shebengal said:

I went to Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouse in Columbus last night for a company function. I had never been there before, but now I understand why the Bengals choose that restaurant to wine and dine free agents. Even though we had a limited menu, everything I ate was amazing! 

Didn't know Ruby had a steakhouse in Columbus.

I'm going there soon after your comment about it.

Primetime Steakhouse!

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2024 at 8:21 PM, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20240421_032033.jpg

IMG_20240421_032043.jpg

Was working at a company awhile back and they had an event and Terry Bowden (ex-Auburn HC, coached at a several other places) was there. They had a Q&A and I asked him who was the best player he ever coached. He didn't hesitate and said Takeo Spikes... said he was the only guy he'd seen who could have gone directly from HS to pro football.

These two LBs were both good picks, and they played for a long time. Simmons wasn't the player Spikes was, but he was still very solid for many years. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, dex said:

"I think you've got to have some flexibility."

Especially when you have a massive hole at nose tackle...

Ding Ding Ding. 

If Sweat has a problem, get him some help and draft his ass. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree with having some flexibility and taking a holistic approach. But our draft isn't Sweat or bust. We can probably get him at 80, maybe at 97 or 115. If we like him a lot more than the alternatives, then go ahead and take him at 80. If we like Boyd or Jackson or Taylor or Anderson or Rogers nearly as much, then take the risk Sweat drops and if he doesn't, move on to plan B. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Griever said:

Was watching Malik Wright doing their draft show talking about Mims getting a tightrope and how it was related to his current hamstring issues he had at the combine. Saying its not something anyone should be concerned about long term. 

This makes me wonder if Sam is going to have some hamstring issues this season?