Divisional Round Playoff Games Thread

Josh Allen and/or the Offensive Coordinator just plain got stupid on that last drive.  All they had to do was to keep stacking the first downs and burn the clock.  Instead there were two very long throws with little chance of success…and if one of those long throws would have been successful, they would have given Kermit more than enough time to counter.  🦗

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

It aint Allen ...

IMG_20240122_073756.jpg

JB vs Mahomes

will stay as the epic matchup..

Lemar, Stroud Allen, Herbert, Love  and Lawrence will compete to round out the "awesome foursome"  this season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Greatest QB rivalry in football now.

Except I never heard Romo or the pre/post game Yakking Heads mention Joe Burrow once. If they mentioned anything, it was still Pat vs Josh. 

That 3-1 stuff is cool and all for our internal enjoyment. Other than some X flyers, the big media doesn’t really sound interested. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, saphead said:

I'm leaning towards wanting Lamar to poop his pants and lay a big turd next week. Balti-whore is just such a trash city & organization, I can't get past it. 

And then Lions all the way obvs. 

Other than the Inner Harbor it pretty much is a trash city.

I would not say that about the organization though. Obviously in our division we don't like them (can't say hate because they aren't dirty like the Steelers), but they run their organization in a way that they are always a good team. I get that the Browns are a family run organization and they don't have the luxury of having made their money like Bisciotti did, but we would do well to at least model some of what they do. Frankly as mediocre of a head coach as Marvin was, he did do a lot to bring the organization at least closer to the 21st century, that stuff came from what he learned in Baltimore. I wish we would do more.

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Except I never heard Romo or the pre/post game Yakking Heads mention Joe Burrow once. If they mentioned anything, it was still Pat vs Josh. 

That 3-1 stuff is cool and all for our internal enjoyment. Other than some X flyers, the big media doesn’t really sound interested. 

They would be interested in we were in the playoffs, becuse we are not, there is no use for them to mention it. They have to stay in the moment as they say. Whatever the game is or possible next opponent is - those are the only relevant talking points. 

9 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

They would be interested in we were in the playoffs, becuse we are not, there is no use for them to mention it. They have to stay in the moment as they say. Whatever the game is or possible next opponent is - those are the only relevant talking points. 

That too. They also never mentioned Sunshine or Herbert. However, pre game, a nod was given to CJ. 

This will likely only piss more people off.

The updated Sagarin computer rankings for the NFL following the Divisional Round were just released:

http://sagarin.com/sports/nflsend.htm

Top ten, plus this year's playoff teams outside of the top ten:

1  Baltimore Ravens
   2  San Francisco 49ers
   3  Dallas Cowboys
   4  Kansas City Chiefs
   5  Buffalo Bills
   6  Detroit Lions
   7  Miami Dolphins
   8  Green Bay Packers

9  Cincinnati Bengals
  10  Los Angeles Rams

12  Cleveland Browns

14  Pittsburgh Stealers

15  Tampa Bay Buccaneers

16  Philadelphia Eagles

17  Houston Texans

Bear in mind, this is a performance-only model.  It doesn't consider how a team "looks" or what voters think - it only factors in who beat whom, what quantifiable circumstances surrounded the game, what the margin of victory was, and how much of each game their starters played.  I have found the Sagarin ratings to be superior to virtually all other rating systems, though y'all may disagree with me (or him).

The AFC North:

1  Baltimore Ravens
   9  Cincinnati Bengals
  12  Cleveland Browns
  14  Pittsburgh Stealers

The AFC West:

4  Kansas City Chiefs
  20  Las Vegas Raiders
  21  Los Angeles Chargers
  22  Denver Broncos

You can make the obvious observations just as easily as I can.

• Upvote 2