20th Annual Guess the Bengals First Pick Contest Thread!!! *******Sparky wins!!!*******

4 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

@Jason, I'm curious ... of the past 19 years, how many times has the prize gone unclaimed because nobody guessed correctly?

With the Bengals, I would wager at least a few times.

I think last year was the first year nobody got it right 

I didn’t make a pick.  I am never close and my feelings get hurt.   I would have picked Brian Murphy TE so I just screwed over you guys that did. Sorry. 

image.png

On 4/14/2024 at 8:49 AM, BlackJesus said:

I was partially being tongue-in-cheek (why I winked), but also because you used that as the example and then I was the first pick and chose it, I feared there would be a subconscious or subliminal snowball effect. It's the most chosen pick so far, but that could be coincidental as well. 

If I influenced anyone, it was good for them.  :lol: 

• Like 1

Correct picks in submission order:

103 BlackJesus

110 sparky

169 AmishBengalFan

86 Clapton

107 HereSince68

Looking at the tiebreaker, I -think- this is how the spread table looks:

1-94 Clapton

95-105* BlackJesus

106-108 HereSince68

109-139 sparky

140+ AmishBengalFan

*tie goes to the earlier pick?

note: this is not my pool, so this post about how tiebreakers are applied is purely speculation.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kochman said:

Thanks again for doing this Jason. It is something I look forward to every to draft.

Ditto!

[If I ever have the good fortune of winning this contest (twice lost on tiebreakers), instead of accepting your prize, I will instead direct you to give the Bengal gear to deserving kids in your own neighborhood…creating brand new Bengal fans.  I might even throw in some $ to increase your reach.] 🦗

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Correct picks in submission order:

103 BlackJesus

110 sparky

169 AmishBengalFan

86 Clapton

107 HereSince68

Looking at the tiebreaker, I -think- this is how the spread table looks:

1-94 Clapton

95-105* BlackJesus

106-108 HereSince68

109-139 sparky

140+ AmishBengalFan

*tie goes to the earlier pick?

note: this is not my pool, so this post about how tiebreakers are applied is purely speculation.

Thanks for doing the math.  :lol: if there is still a tie, a second tie breaker will be determined at that time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cricket said:

Ditto!

[If I ever have the good fortune of winning this contest (twice lost on tiebreakers), instead of accepting your prize, I will instead direct you to give the Bengal gear to deserving kids in your own neighborhood…creating brand new Bengal fans.  I might even throw in some $ to increase your reach.] 🦗

Cosign on all above...love this idea!

• Upvote 1

• Jason changed the title to 20th Annual Guess the Bengals First Pick Contest Thread!!! *******Sparky wins!!!*******

Thanks Jason!

I like Cricket's idea of donating the item to a youngster. If you know someone like that, give them a treat. If not, I know a 4 year old whose father is a Browns fan and who should be led back to the path of righteousness. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4